What to do in Miami??

ILoveAruba2

I,m going on the Carnival Breeze on October 25th. Going 2 extra days before and staying at the Hotel Urbano in downtown Miami on Brickell Ave.I would like some suggestions on what to do in downtown Miami within walking distance.Thanks in advance.:)

Find a real, authentic Cuban restaurant. Don't go to some big chain, go to a family owned Cuban restaurant.

Order Black Beans with rice. Sprinkle a little Balsamic Vinegar over the black beans and rice. Next sprinkle some raw onions on it. Order a breaded Palomilla Steak or a Breaded Steak Milanesa. I prefer the Milanesa.

For desert Café Con Leche with Flan.

More than likely this will be as close to culinary heaven as you can get.

Having lived in Tampa for 57 years I can tell you the Cuban food in Miami is to die for. Just be ready for a long nap after that meal.

Be very careful in downtown Miami, even in touristy areas during the day. The "bad" part of town is only a block or two away. We used to volunteer at the homeless shelter located in that area, and most tourists don't even realize what's around there.

My mother was mugged in broad daylight, at 11 in the morning, right on the sidewalk near Bayside Marketplace. A man appeared out of nowhere and tried to grab her purse. When my mother resisted, the man got violent, hit her and slammed her against the concrete curve, fracturing her arm and cutting her head open. He took off with her purse but was chased by bystanders who got the purse back.

I know that bad things can happen anywhere, but I'm just telling you our experience so that you don't let your guard down simply because you're in a touristy area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We shopped and had a good lunch on the marina at Bayside, went to Little Havana for a fabulous Cuban lunch and souvenir shopping. We also spent a day at South Beach, good swimming, lunch with outdoor seating was fun for people watching there. We were there in July and had a great time before our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I,m going on the Carnival Breeze on October 25th. Going 2 extra days before and staying at the Hotel Urbano in downtown Miami on Brickell Ave.I would like some suggestions on what to do in downtown Miami within walking distance.Thanks in advance.:)

From the hotel you will be able to catch the trolley which is free or you can walk a few blocks and take the metromover. You'll be able to walk down to the area with restaurants and things, but it will be a walk as nothing is that close to you.

Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is very close to you and is a great way to spend a few hours.

If you want a great walk, you are right by the bridge over to Key Biscayne and the walk over is incredible but long.

There will be plenty of restaurants very close to you and you aren't far from Mary Brickell village.