Pearl Wine Prices?

DirtyDawg

Does anyone have a current price list for wines offered on the Pearl?

Also, has anyone bought wine in Vancouver and paid the corkage fee? Is it worth it vs. just buying on-board? Or should we just wait and buy some wine in Seattle, our first stop?

All opinions are welcome! Well, except for the "wine is the work of the devil" crowd! :)

Cheers!

Does anyone have a current price list for wines offered on the Pearl?

Also, has anyone bought wine in Vancouver and paid the corkage fee? Is it worth it vs. just buying on-board? Or should we just wait and buy some wine in Seattle, our first stop?

All opinions are welcome! Well, except for the "wine is the work of the devil" crowd! :)

Cheers!

This is the wine list for NCL - Fleet Wide (except POA)

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_03172014.pdf

Edited by azappraiser

I'm not a wine lover. However, we do drink the free bottles associated with Platinum perks. The least expensive wine I've seen on the NCL wine lists are about $28. That's the wine that sells locally for $5 - $6. I know that some very adequate wine sells locally for the $10 to $15 range. Carrying that on board, doing the math, even with a $15 corkage fee, you are at least getting some much better wine for about the same price as the much cheaper stuff sold on board. If you like wine, and plan to drink a bunch (my sister and friend bought 20 bottles on board for a 7 day cruise) bring your own and pay the fee. My opinion. By the way, I thought the NCL brand of Merlot sold on the ship actually was not bad at all.

If you leave from Vancouver it won't pay you to buy your wine then pay the corkage fee. Our wine here is around $15.00 for an average 750 ml bottle. When we leave out of a U.S. port we always buy our wine bring it onboard and pay the corkage fee. We end up getting good wine and even with paying the corkage fee are ahead. Unfortunately in Vancouver we pay a lot of taxes on wine. The French wine I buy in the U.S. Costs me $8.00 a bottle, here in Vancouver that same bottle is $20.00.

If you leave from Vancouver it won't pay you to buy your wine then pay the corkage fee. Our wine here is around $15.00 for an average 750 ml bottle. When we leave out of a U.S. port we always buy our wine bring it onboard and pay the corkage fee. We end up getting good wine and even with paying the corkage fee are ahead. Unfortunately in Vancouver we pay a lot of taxes on wine. The French wine I buy in the U.S. Costs me $8.00 a bottle, here in Vancouver that same bottle is $20.00.

Looks like your booze taxes are as high as our's in Ontario!:eek:

I think we will stop into a wine store in Seattle!:)