How to Convince People Carnival isn't a "Drunk Fest"

MrBanana1240

Possibly when 50-something men quit getting drunk and twerking on teenage boys and 20-something girls...at the same time...at the LIDO pool. I was just on a cruise and saw this. Before this I've seen older ladies getting drunk and dancing "with" the palm trees on the lido deck of the Fascination. I've also seen drunk women being literally dragged back to their cabin.

I love Carnival; but it's things like this going on that give people this idea.

We had this too. A bunch of middle aged fools dry humping each other in a line on the pool wall, while security just stood there. Then one of them threw the massage table in the pool, and grabbed some woman, and continued the show in the pool. Took about ten minutes for the security guy to stop it.

We had this too. A bunch of middle aged fools dry humping each other in a line on the pool wall, while security just stood there. Then one of them threw the massage table in the pool, and grabbed some woman, and continued the show in the pool. Took about ten minutes for the security guy to stop it.

Dang. It seems I have missed all the GOOD cruises! :D

So what makes people think Carnival wants this perception to go away?

They don't For some strange reason, some passengers do. I guess the reputation doesn't support the reason they cruise Carnival. Yet it's the reason MANY cruise Carnival.

They don't For some strange reason, some passengers do. I guess the reputation doesn't support the reason they cruise Carnival. Yet it's the reason MANY cruise Carnival.

My point exactly, why would Carnival try and change this if the niche is working for them.

So you don't think a new cruiser who doesn't know any better wouldn't associate drunken partying with the word "Carnival?" Of course they would.

Honestly? I give people more credit than you.

Where I live there are about a dozen Catholic churches within a 5 mile radius that have yearly and some twice yearly fundraisers they call "Carnivals". Attendance seems to be pretty packed whenever I drive by.

Do you think your same new cruiser who doesn't know any better would book a Celebrity cruise thinking they are going to meet famous stars and athletes on board?

Do you think your same new cruiser who doesn't know any better would shy away from booking a Holland America cruise thinking they need to speak Dutch on board or wear wooden shoes?

Do you think your same new cruiser who doesn't know any better would book a Royal Caribbean or Princess cruise thinking they may actually be rubbing elbows at sea with kings, queens, dukes, dutchesses, princes and princesses?

Well. Maybe a few queens, but that's for another post.