P&O Website

deck boy

I have noticed that it is not updated officers on board also why have they deleted the forems . dont like the passengers coments not a good way to run a business.i feel they are going in the wrong direction what a shame.

If you search for who the senior officers are in the 'how can we help' tab, you will see that the list of senior officers for each ship is up to date with most positions listed until at least October 2014, some until Jan 2015. Seems entirely reasonable to me. I regret the removal of the forum on the P&O website, it was taken down well over a year ago, possibly 2 years. I seem to remember the reason being that it made the whole site more unstable. True or not, I could never really work out why they provided and funded a forum that allowed some of the derogatory and untrue comments to be made along with some total drivel.

I have noticed that it is not updated officers on board also why have they deleted the forems . dont like the passengers coments not a good way to run a business.i feel they are going in the wrong direction what a shame.

You're wrong. They didn't delete it because they didn't like the comments. Like any business they need feedback. The Forum had a number of real trouble makers who enjoyed winding up others.

I don't believe that P&O would be concerned about a few trouble makers but the the truth always hurts. Carnival has done P&O no favours what so ever or Cunard I still cruise with P&O every year but every time i do its getting worse

You obviously dont go on P&O website very often because the forum was removed nearly 2yrs ago. The reason why it was removed given by P&O was that it was causing too many issues with the website and their servers nothing to do with trouble makers on the forum or P&O not wanting to hear about anything untoward.

I don't believe that P&O would be concerned about a few trouble makers but the the truth always hurts. Carnival has done P&O no favours what so ever or Cunard I still cruise with P&O every year but every time i do its getting worse

I have just returned from a 7 day cruise to Norway on Arcadia. Absolutely brilliant. Ship coped well with gale force winds and rough seas, captain and crew were excellent as was the food. I couldn't fault anything about it. If it is getting worse every year, I haven't noticed over the dozen or so P&O cruises I have taken. Can't wait for the next.

I am sure they got rid of the forum because half the ship was using it for free to keep in touch with family and not paying for internet. I know I did that and so did hundreds of others. they must have been losing a fortune.

I think you could be right. I know almost exactly when the forum was taken off, because I was on the Aurora World cruise 2013 and had intended to keep in touch with my family without paying the high internet charge on the ship. Within a few weeks I think the forum disappeared.:(

I have just returned from a 7 day cruise to Norway on Arcadia. Absolutely brilliant. Ship coped well with gale force winds and rough seas, captain and crew were excellent as was the food. I couldn't fault anything about it. If it is getting worse every year, I haven't noticed over the dozen or so P&O cruises I have taken. Can't wait for the next.

Not forgetting some lovely people we met including our 4 evening meal companions, everyone we shared a breakfast table with and the three ladies who I kept bumping into onboard and also off the ship in Geiranger and Stavanger. If you are reading this, you know who you are!

I thought from the minute it was taken down that was the reason and I'm sure I'm right. No other cruise line gave free communications by way of their own website! So obvious. Also, people were on there recommending the setting up of communications with family, so it was only a matter of time.