Mini bar set up?

West Coast Gal

We have booked a suite for the first time, and it has been several years since we have cruised on Princess as Elite.

Does the mini bar set up include soda or is it only liquor?

Elite Mini-Bar Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Edited by Thrak

We have booked a suite for the first time, and it has been several years since we have cruised on Princess as Elite.

Does the mini bar set up include soda or is it only liquor?

Since you are sailing as Elite in a suite, you should receive two mini bar setups. When we were on the CB two weeks ago, everything except the Perrier was there when we got to our cabin. The Perrier was delivered a couple of days later.

Elite Mini-Bar Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Awesome Answer! Thank you

Since you are sailing as Elite in a suite, you should receive two mini bar setups. When we were on the CB two weeks ago, everything except the Perrier was there when we got to our cabin. The Perrier was delivered a couple of days later.

I was wondering about two set ups

Very nice to know they have Sprite Zero! How did you get your Princess Elite badge on your signature?
Don't know what Pam did, but you can download CC badges and avatars from the Download area on the Princess website. I copied my avatar from someone else's post a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Princess website main page, scroll to the bottom, additional information-downloads.

Colo Cruiser, thanks for the information . . In fact, your elite badge was the first one I noticed on a different thread, so it was quite a coincidence that you are the one that told me about how to find it!

• 1 month later...
You also can trade-in your mini bar set up for two coffee cards worth about $70,00.

long cruiser

I do that because I'm a coffee hound.

However, know that in addition to the "mini bar" alcohol drinks they take everything. Including the cans of soda and tonic water.

On my last two sailings (in September), only one set-up was delivered. One time he said that he was waiting to deliver the second one because of lack of space and the other time they forgot that I was elite and should have two set-ups. So...if you only have one mini-bar setup in your suite, feel free to ask about the second one. I love this benefit, especially with the flexibility to switch one setup for coffee cards.

On our last cruise which was a B2B as Elites in a suite, we tradded 1 set up for coffee cards and one for wine, the wine list in the above post is not accurate. I think it depends on the ship.
The post is a direct quote from the Elite FAQ on the Princess website. They may have run short on inventory and had to substitute.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you elaborate just a tad more?

Is the exchange on the liquor one to one for a can of beer? I drink hard liquor but my drinks are more along the lines of margarita's, etc. DH likes beer. We will be sailing in a suite (first time-very excited!) and I would like to know if I can exchange the little bottles for beer. I'm understanding the soda part, trade a can of Sprite for a can of Diet Coke but is one mini bottle per bottle of beer?