Just off the Royal Princess Baltic Adventure - Ask any questions you have

bassmaster150

Also, I hear there is no wrap around promenade deck. Do you know if a person could walk around most of the promenade and then cut through the ship to get to the other side? The way the Royal is set up, you cannot even walk down the port or starboard side. There are small areas with lounges, but unless something changed recently, the pathway between these sections is blocked off.That is something I've always enjoyed about Princess ships...walking around the promenade deck (rather than the uncovered top deck). And the areas of the Promenade deck that do exist are not covered as on the Grand class ships. Open to the sky. Only shaded if the sun is in the right direction.

Does the Royal have any covered pools where kids are allowed? No covered pools for kids or adults.

Does it have the International Cafe? Yes

see above in red

Edited by caribill

Thank you for offering to answer questions about the Royal. I'm looking at a possible cruise on this ship next year. One of my concerns is the size of the ship and if it will feel overcrowded. I've been on the Ruby and Crown and felt at times they were too crowded, especially when going to the theater and trying to find seats. We'd have to get there really early. Did you feel the Royal was too crowded?

Also, I hear there is no wrap around promenade deck. Do you know if a person could walk around most of the promenade and then cut through the ship to get to the other side? That is something I've always enjoyed about Princess ships...walking around the promenade deck (rather than the uncovered top deck).

Does the Royal have any covered pools where kids are allowed? Does it have the International Cafe?

Thank you!!!

Get to the theater early or you won't get a seat

Never really felt crowded on the boat....that being said, it was rather cool or chilly outside at most times, so you didn't see many on deck. We never felt crowded though...also, everyone made it on time...usually a few minutes early so we could leave to the next port.

No wrap around promenade deck. It starts and stops. no real way to do what you are talking about effectively. Also, no central staircase....but that really wasn't an issue for us.

Didn't see a covered pool.

The international cafe? We spent a ton of time there....a person could down 10,000 calories at a single sitting there.....that place should be banned!!!:p:p:p

Bassmaster150..............will you be able to post your Princess Patters from the cruise for viewing?

Unfortunately we did not save those. I will remember to do that the next time we cruise. Sorry.

Edited by bassmaster150

Thanks so much for your review. We have M107 next April on a TA to Southampton from Fort Lauderdale and we are so excited to have the extended balcony. If you know, I understand the couch may not be a sofa bed and is smaller than the ones in the minisuite.

I look forward to reading more after your London trip. We are also staying for 2 nights after the cruise.

London was outstanding. We stayed that the Waldorf Hilton in the theater district, so it was a quick walk to the river Thames and the London Eye, Parliament Houses, Westminster Abbey, etc. We spent the first night just exploring around those areas, and for the second day, we used Viator for an all-day London experience that took us an a guided tour of the London Tower, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace (only outside as we were supposed to see the changing of the guard but they did not do it today), then we were free for lunch. Finally, we did a extensive tour of St Paul's cathedral followed by a flight on the London Eye. Very intense day, but worth it all. Viator has done us well many times.

London was outstanding. We stayed that the Waldorf Hilton in the theater district, so it was a quick walk to the river Thames and the London Eye, Parliament Houses, Westminster Abbey, etc. We spent the first night just exploring around those areas, and for the second day, we used Viator for an all-day London experience that took us an a guided tour of the London Tower, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace (only outside as we were supposed to see the changing of the guard but they did not do it today), then we were free for lunch. Finally, we did a extensive tour of St Paul's cathedral followed by a flight on the London Eye. Very intense day, but worth it all. Viator has done us well many times.

Thanks for sharing your sightseeing adventures. This is our third trip to London. First time we took the hop on hop off and enjoyed all the sights. As we have before, we decided use Marriott points and stay again at the JW Grosvenor House.

On one of the trips, we saw Avenue Q with discounted tickets that we got last minute at the box office. Not certain what we will do this time.

Thank you, Caribill & Bassmaster!!

Too bad about the Promenade but happy to hear they have the Int'l Café :D. We went there just about every day on our last cruise...our cabin was on the Plaza deck so we just couldn't help it:p;)

Thanks for sharing your sightseeing adventures. This is our third trip to London. First time we took the hop on hop off and enjoyed all the sights. As we have before, we decided use Marriott points and stay again at the JW Grosvenor House.

On one of the trips, we saw Avenue Q with discounted tickets that we got last minute at the box office. Not certain what we will do this time.

We are Hilton Honors diamond, so we were able to use points for two nights, and were upgraded due to diamond status :D:D:D. We almost did the hop on hop off yesterday as there was a stop just outside of our hotel...but we walked instead, and were glad that we did. It was just fun!!

M107 - you have the SUPER DUPER extended balcony. Basically the entire bridge wing is your balcony. We actually had that room booked originally, but changed it when I looked at the deck plans because I thought it would be blocked and you wouldn't have access to the entire bridge wing. Well I learned on this cruise that you do have the entire wing. Enjoy

Thanks for all of the info. We'll be in M108 in October. We've had a forward facing balcony on NCL, so we're familiar with the wind while at sea. However, the balcony can't be beat for sailaway and while in port.

Did you take any photos of L107? Especially the bathroom?

Thanks.

B

Thanks for all of the info. We'll be in M108 in October. We've had a forward facing balcony on NCL, so we're familiar with the wind while at sea. However, the balcony can't be beat for sailaway and while in port.

Thanks.

B

I have some photos that were taken last year sometime (not by me):

xbea34.jpg

and

15nogvp.jpg

If I could figure out how to find the original thread I would post a link to it...will add it if I can find it.

I have some photos that were taken last year sometime (not by me):

xbea34.jpg

and

15nogvp.jpg

If I could figure out how to find the original thread I would post a link to it...will add it if I can find it.

Thanks for the photos. It's a typical Princess Mini set-up.

It looks like we're on the same sailing, in the same cabin type, but on different floors. I'll look up and wave if I see you!

We have quite a few sea days and the balcony won't be available due to wind, but I'm really looking forward to sail away from NYC/Brooklyn. Should be awesome!

B

It looks like we're on the same sailing, in the same cabin type, but on different floors. I'll look up and wave if I see you!

We have quite a few sea days and the balcony won't be available due to wind, but I'm really looking forward to sail away from NYC/Brooklyn. Should be awesome!

B

I'll wave! We have determined that we will be out there as much as we can. Sail away should be extraordinary! :p I'll be looking down at your balcony for the wind thingy throughout the cruise to see if we can come outside, lol.

On a side note...I did find the original thread, but the link to the pictures was no longer active. I would post more pictures, but I'm not entirely sure it's okay with the original poster (who the pictures belong to), so don't want to infringe there.

Edited by Who Knew

Well it sure looked like it did to me.....maybe I was wrong.

I checked to make sure when boarded but that couch doesn't convert. Still, it's a lovely cabin (despite being windy and droning noise/vibration when at full speed and wind from bow)! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks.

B

Will have photos up shortly. There is a photo of bathroom just after your original question post. Just to the right of toilet is bathtub. That is it for bathroom. But I will post additional photos of room.

B

That is exactly what the bathroom looked like. Do you know your cabin number?

Room photos:

1. As you walk in the room past the bathroom on the left and closets on the right (small hallway kind of feel), the room opens up. there is a sofa on the left with a table and a TV on the wall

TVs.jpg

2. As you walk around the corner (where the second TV is in the above photo), you will see the bed and large window.

roomwindow.jpg

3. Another photo of the large forward facing window. We really liked it.

window.jpg

4. Moving on the the balcony. This is the side facing part of the balcony before it wraps around.

balconyside.jpg

5. The forward facing part of the balcony. It was really big, but the wind made it challenging to use.

balconybig.jpg

One last thing about the wind as I forgot to mention it earlier. So as I have stated, it was really windy up front...as it should be on the ocean....which made the balcony pretty useless during sea days. That being said I am not sure that it would be as bad in the Caribbean. What I mean by that is that where we were the wind would blow anywhere from 35 - 65mph at the front (ok prob anything over 45 is unbearable), but the outside air temperature was anywhere from 41 - 46 degrees fahrenheit. So it was a COLD wind. In the Caribbean it would be a much warmer wind which may change the circumstances quite a bit. That's all.:o:o