Vow Renewal on Royal Caribbean??

I've just booked a vow renewal for our cruise in September ( our 30 year anniversary). I have had the lowest price package and just added the sparkling wine toast. I wanted just a simple ceremony and quite honestly as this is a surprise gift for my husband I couldn't really afford the next package up in price.

We will carry on the day by having a nice meal with drinks in the evening, and a celebration cake delivered to our table ( as opposed to the Royal Romance cakes which were very expensive)

I will be happy to report post cruise what I thought of the ceremony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got married on a cruise for New Years (not on Royal) but I noticed that the vow renewals for the ships are quite expensive in my opinion, too! Eventually, we want to do a renewal on another cruise when it's time.

Have you thought about taking the chance on booking a renewal ceremony outside of Royal with a 3rd party at one of the ports?? It's usually a bit cheaper that way. Obviously, that wouldn't work if you wanted the ceremony to actually be ON the ship though.

And if you are traveling when the weather is bad (like hurricane season), it would be more of a gamble, but you could always contact them and get prices and see if you would rather do it that route.

Happy Anniversary!

Is there a reason you can't just "renew" your vows yourselves..without an officiant? I would find a lovely spot, and just tell each other how much you love them, and STILL want to be with them! Sure would cost less, and it's just as "legal" as a renewal!

For our 40th, we just asked permission to use the chapel (on Adventure of the Seas), and did our own. All our kids were there and one daughter even made silk flower bouquet and corsages. She and her sister also went to a Build-a-Bear store before the cruise to dress bears to represent all the family. We did order a small cake and champagne to enjoy in one of the lounges afterwards - we even had a small corner reserved for our little group. It was lovely! Memories to last a lifetime! :)

We're now at 53 years and counting!

Edited by CruiseMore1

We did a vow renewal for our 25th a year and a half ago on Indy. It was worth every penny. We had a private ceremony with friends in the chapel. I wrote the vows and emailed them before the cruise. We also brought our own music. We did a hand ceremony and exchanged island hook bracelets. It was officiated by the cruise director. The person I worked with from Royal was very attentive. We had the ceremony, the toast, two photographers and when we went back to our cabin there were balloons and two very large RCI bags filled withe everything you can imagine with their logo. From a picture frame to an umbrella! I wore a wedding dress and he wore a tux. We went all over the ship for pictures, including the MDR stairway. When we entered all the diners clapped and they kept clanking there glasses with silverware till we kissed. So much fun! We had dinner at Giovanni's and they gave us a cake. The next night in the MDR the head waiter brought us a cake as well. I felt like a princess!!! Such an amazing experience. Royal treated us royally!! The pictures were so great! The photographer actually came to the salon and took pictures of me getting my hair done. For us the experience was priceless:)

ImageUploadedByForums1408513818.085926.jpg.72d109d8a0bc94124c0142f90011ccc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1408513727.834423.jpg.13e482af0263326c4d8dc9ac9852cc3e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1408513788.299554.jpg.02eaa4b18e09263ef80982bebba856de.jpg

We did a vow renewal for our 25th a year and a half ago on Indy. It was worth every penny. We had a private ceremony with friends in the chapel. I wrote the vows and emailed them before the cruise. We also brought our own music. We did a hand ceremony and exchanged island hook bracelets. It was officiated by the cruise director. The person I worked with from Royal was very attentive. We had the ceremony, the toast, two photographers and when we went back to our cabin there were balloons and two very large RCI bags filled withe everything you can imagine with their logo. From a picture frame to an umbrella! I wore a wedding dress and he wore a tux. We went all over the ship for pictures, including the MDR stairway. When we entered all the diners clapped and they kept clanking there glasses with silverware till we kissed. So much fun! We had dinner at Giovanni's and they gave us a cake. The next night in the MDR the head waiter brought us a cake as well. I felt like a princess!!! Such an amazing experience. Royal treated us royally!! The pictures were so great! The photographer actually came to the salon and took pictures of me getting my hair done. For us the experience was priceless:)

[ATTACH]322557[/ATTACH][ATTACH]322558[/ATTACH][ATTACH]322559[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow first of all your photos are beautiful! And second, you've made me feel so much better about our up and coming ceremony. I have requested the hand ceremony too, even though I wasn't sure what it was I Googled it and thought it sounded lovely. We are having our own music and the toast too. Can I ask was yours the basic package or the Royal Devotions? Did you order the cake in advance or did Royal just give it to you on the day? Sorry to ask so many questions but this is all so new to us. I have had a wedding style dress for the ceremony- thanks again for your post it helped enormously.

Edited by Alohaaloha

Our quandry is that it will be just my wife and I for our 20th next year.

If we were in port on our anniversary, that would be easy- we would find a small church, go in, and do it ourselves. We did that on our 15th in Venice, which was really cool.

But we are at sea for the actual day.. hmm..

Our quandry is that it will be just my wife and I for our 20th next year.

If we were in port on our anniversary, that would be easy- we would find a small church, go in, and do it ourselves. We did that on our 15th in Venice, which was really cool.

But we are at sea for the actual day.. hmm..

We are at sea for our actual 30th wedding anniversary, and I have requested the actual date but it can't be guaranteed.

I do hope they can manage that date it would make it extra special.

Wow first of all your photos are beautiful! And second, you've made me feel so much better about our up and coming ceremony. I have requested the hand ceremony too, even though I wasn't sure what it was I Googled it and thought it sounded lovely. We are having our own music and the toast too. Can I ask was yours the basic package or the Royal Devotions? Did you order the cake in advance or did Royal just give it to you on the day? Sorry to ask so many questions but this is all so new to us. I have had a wedding style dress for the ceremony- thanks again for your post it helped enormously.

Thank you. I was very happy with the ship photographer! We were able to do ours on the actual day. There were no other weddings so they allowed us to choose any day, any time and any place! We did do a vow renewal package, however, the package has now changed. I ordered a white cake from gifts and gear. It was a special occasions cake for dinner that night and even brought a topper with two hearts. We took it to the restaurant for them to put in our cake. The second cake in the MDR was complimentary. Look up island hook bracelets. They have a great history and are very nice. I actually used our original vows and made changes to work for a renewal. That is why we did the bracelet exchange in place of the ring ceremony. We had two friends with us and had a special prayer for them as well. I think the package we had was $600. It did also include the flowers. It seemed very over priced but DH was very adamant about doing this. I am so glad he did! It wasn't even so much about the "things" we got in the package. It was more about the whole experience. I can't tell you how amazing Royal staff everywhere treated us. I loved every second of that whole cruise. The day after our vow renewal we were on Labadee and had a cabana. The whole cruise was perfect.:D

We had our vows renewed in June on the Explorer and it was fantastic. We were able to pick any day upon meeting with Maeve the coordinator the first day. Even formal days were available despite the original paperwork that says otherwise. I am very glad we did it and wish you the best. If you are going to purchase pictures I recommend you buy the package before you go as the price increases if you buy at the photo shop. Enjoy your special day.