HELP! Stateroom right outside Elevator

kittymadam

I just realized our Balcony room is right outside the Elevators for the Divina.

Should I be worries about foot traffic and the Elevator "ding" all night?

I'm in room 10161 (So Deck 10) and according to the deckplan, is right at the entrance to the elevators.

Not sure if we can still change rooms, but any insight would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

MSC-Divina-Deck-10-Plan-Guinone.jpg

I'm in room 10161 (So Deck 10) and according to the deckplan, is right at the entrance to the elevators.

Thanks in advance!

MSC-Divina-Deck-10-Plan-Guinone.jpg

You have a very nice room in a good location and you will not hear the ding.

I've been near elevators on MSC ships before (not been on the Divina yet) and I've never heard dings or other noise from lifts.

You will get a bit more foot traffic past your door than you would if you were stuck at the end of a deck. Depends on how early you go to bed and how light a sleeper you are whether this disturbs you or not. Also depends on the courtesy (or not) of fellow passengers. Once had a connecting cabin that had a couple with a young kid and I thought here we go, this is going to be a nightmare. Quite the reverse, never heard a peep from them.

We had a cabin near to the elevator. We did not hear noises from the machines, but lots of noises from children always running around. However, I think this did not have to do with the being close to the elevator but just that in our floor there were many cabins in hands of families with children.

Hmm, that disco thing could be a cause for concern, but, my take on Deck 10 is that it is all cabins. No one except the people who live there will be getting off there. Now, if your cabin was on a deck with public rooms, you will get more people getting off at your deck.

We have sailed Divina twice. Please be advised that the Galaxy Disco opens directly to the elevator column. We heard the loud disco music near the elevators all the way down on Deck 8.

You heard the music when you were near the elevators but not while you were in a cabin correct?

Thanks in advance!

I would book this cabin.

Don't worry, we had almost the exact location last year but on Deck 12, you won't hear a thing and boy is it nice to have the elevators so close, enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks for the feedback TravelRocker, I am in the area you cruised in!

Hi, I just got off the Divina on the August 9 sailing. I was in room 10152 which is on the other side of the ship but very close to your room. I also had an elevator next to our room and there was no noticeable noise. But the convenience was great. Not to many cruisers knew about these extra elevators and we missed most of the crowds. :)

BTW, the Galaxy Disco is Not off your elevator bank.

The elevators are really quiet. Sometimes we didn't hear them arrive when we were standing in the elevator lobby.

We had a midship cabin on deck 11 and we did hear people in the hall if they were loud; i.e. running or talking in a voice loud enough to be easily heard 20 feet away. It wasn't much of a problem.