seattle traffic warning 8/22/8/24

Dan G

Hi,

hwy 99 will be closed this coming weekend which will affect traffic in a big way. Most cabs take hwy 99 to and from Pier 66 and 91 as its more direct. If you need to get to a ship this weekend I'd highly recommend a flat rate cab or towncar as traffic is likely to be heavy and cabs meter by time. Taking I-5 will be less direct and involve more traffic. Suggest Stila towncars from seatac as they are regulated by the port and are always on site.

Cabs such as flatrateforhire.com charge by zip code regardless of time.

Hi,

hwy 99 will be closed this coming weekend which will affect traffic in a big way. Most cabs take hwy 99 to and from Pier 66 and 91 as its more direct. If you need to get to a ship this weekend I'd highly recommend a flat rate cab or towncar as traffic is likely to be heavy and cabs meter by time. Taking I-5 will be less direct and involve more traffic. Suggest Stila towncars from seatac as they are regulated by the port and are always on site.

Cabs such as flatrateforhire.com charge by zip code regardless of time.

Hey Dan,

Do you think the Alaskan Way Viaduct will be open next Saturday August 30th? I like to go that way to Pier 91, get off the Viaduct at Western and go down to Elliott Ave to Pier 91. Seattle traffic is such a mess and I don’t think it’ll get any better any time soon.

Thanks Mapleleaves and Dan G. I hate driving in Seattle. I don’t think it’ll be getting any better any time soon. The tunnel that everyone in Washington State is going to be paying for forever isn’t going to help much.

Today is the last day of the closure. Everything is supposed to be open at 5 am tomorrow morning.

BTW, the Viaduct opened Monday morning, but the section from the Battery Street tunnel through to Valley just north of Seattle Center is still closed until tomorrow morning.