Transfer from Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

Leeds Rhinos

Brilliance of the Seas 6/2012

Independence of the Seas 6/2013

We will be on the Freedom of the Seas 31 August 2014 and wondered if anyone could advise on our transfer from Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport?

Also roughly at what time do we disembark at Port Canaveral?

My husband and I are on a package which includes a few days in Las Vegas after the Cruise.

Is anyone going on the 6.05 Southwest Airlines flight to Las Vegas? Perhaps we could share a taxi or shuttle.

We are wondering what is the best way to get to the airport, should we send our luggage ahead and stay around Port Canaveral, or get a shuttle to the airport. The problem is we don't need to be at the airport until 3 pm so has anyone any ideas how we can spend our time other than at the airport. Many thanks. Leeds Rhinos

Not much at Port Canaveral unless you have tickets for the Space Center or want to go to the beach. Cheapest thing to do is pick up a one way rental car (book in advance - the rental agencies send a shuttle to the dock to pick you up). You could then check out the Orlando area. Returning the rental car is very easy at MCO.

I found a hotel with shuttle service from airport to hotel to cruise port the next day, did same thing in reverse for the trip back. I flew in the day before the cruise and flew out the day after.