Sept 27th QM2 Cabin assignment

Jimsgirl

Has anyone on this cruise received their cabin assignment yet? It is 35 days so we should be receiving news any day now.

Time to get "excited" though the roll calls do seem very limited in the mumbers of passengers participating.

Somehow printing out tickets etc. does not get the generate the excitement that receiving the green wallet produced.

My last cruise last November on QM2 the cabin assignment didn't happen until approx 10 days before sailing,it turned out well enough in the end apart from one cabin was port and the other starboard we were aft about 2 cabins away from the door leading out to the kiddies pool a mirror image for location,why they couldn't assign cabins next door to each other is a complete mystery anyway it took seconds to dash from one side to the other via the back door certainly quicker then crossing over by the lifts...enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm boarding QM2 in just over a week and I've still no cabin number :( (booked an inside guarantee).

Insides, Oceanviews & most grades of Sheltered Balcony cabins are showing as "sold out" (last time I looked), so a friend said "they'll have to up-grade you at the terminal to a Grills Suite, when they discover they've no other cabin available" :) .

Yea, right.

Look! There goes a flying pig ;)

Edited by pepperrn

I'm boarding QM2 in just over a week and I've still no cabin number :( (booked an inside guarantee).

Insides, Oceanviews & most grades of Sheltered Balcony cabins are showing as "sold out" (last time I looked), so a friend said "they'll have to up-grade you at the terminal to a Grills Suite, when they discover they've no other cabin available" :) .

Yea, right.

Look! There goes a flying pig ;)

Hope you caught that flying pig! My cruise also shows all inside cabins sold out, but I am not holding my breath that the upgrade fairy is going to land on my shoulder.

Actually I do not book inside just because I am a "cheapskate", I have found that the curtains (drapes )seldom really shut out the sunlight and taking an afternoon snooze is easier in the darkness of the inside cabin.

Enjoy your trip.

My last cruise last November on QM2 the cabin assignment didn't happen until approx 10 days before sailing,it turned out well enough in the end apart from one cabin was port and the other starboard we were aft about 2 cabins away from the door leading out to the kiddies pool a mirror image for location,why they couldn't assign cabins next door to each other is a complete mystery anyway it took seconds to dash from one side to the other via the back door certainly quicker then crossing over by the lifts...enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just so you know, good things can happen. I booked my 22 day July trip in 3 segments (inside guarantee) because it was about $700 cheaper than booking the 22 day as one segment. I told myself I wouldn't mind having to move 2 times -- but the closer I got to the trip the more I was dreading it. My TA linked all 3 trips together. Lo and behold, Cunard came through and I was in the same cabin for all 3 voyages. All I had to do was get a new key card for each segment.

So good (and convenient) things can happen.

Edited by Lady Hudson

Hope you caught that flying pig! My cruise also shows all inside cabins sold out, but I am not holding my breath that the upgrade fairy is going to land on my shoulder. Actually I do not book inside just because I am a "cheapskate", I have found that the curtains (drapes )seldom really shut out the sunlight and taking an afternoon snooze is easier in the darkness of the inside cabin. Enjoy your trip.
Hi Jimsgirl,

Thank you :) . I'm also not depending on the up-grade fairy (never do!). I know that some spend a lot of time in their cabin, I don't... and have found that an inside cabin is perfect for one passenger on a short trip (I've also had balcony cabins on crossings, and enjoyed the easy access to fresh air and a view, but can't say that I've really used the balcony; sitting out there for hours reading for example).

Were I ever to be in a large suite (there's that pig again ;) ), unless I invited friends to occasional drinks parties, it would be rather wasted on me. The only time (other than sleeping) I'm really in my cabin is late afternoon-early evening.

Thank you again :)

Edited by pepperrn