Changing cabins within your category?

Okay. Just curious. I am on deck 6 of oasis but I heard it ideas loud

Was on Deck 6 (wonderful location, felt close to everything) on the Allure for my last cruise... while deck 6 does have a lots going on, the cabin areas/hallways are quiet and once in the cabin with the door shut heard nothing...

Enjoy your cruise!

I tried the other day to change one JS for another and RCI repriced the whole trip. Decided it wasn't worth it to move.

RCI should have been able to handle this change for you..did you speak to someone ?

Okay. Just curious. I am on deck 6 of oasis but I heard it ideas loud

We had #6662 and actually loved that location...don't worry about deck #6...It was so convenient we had a lady knock on our cabin door twice and thought it was her's she was actually in #7662 :D

I thought..if the price of a cabin within your category goes up....then you pay the new price if you move to a different cabin within that category. If the price goes down, then you get to pocket the difference. Isn't that the way it works?

Eg....if you booked a D2 aft at $2000 last May for a Nov. cruise.....and now want to move to a D2 midship, but the D2 midship cabins are now priced at $2500, you would have to come up with another $500 to move to it. I understand that there's no 'charge' to move...but you pay the prevailing rate, not the rate you paid when first booked.

:D

I thought..if the price of a cabin within your category goes up....then you pay the new price if you move to a different cabin within that category. If the price goes down, then you get to pocket the difference. Isn't that the way it works?

Eg....if you booked a D2 aft at $2000 last May for a Nov. cruise.....and now want to move to a D2 midship, but the D2 midship cabins are now priced at $2500, you would have to come up with another $500 to move to it. I understand that there's no 'charge' to move...but you pay the prevailing rate, not the rate you paid when first booked.

Sorry...a bit confused :confused:.. I did that exact change..and wasn't charged the prevailing rate that was indeed higher than what I had originaly booked.

No, that's not the way it is supposed to work. All cabins in a category are theoretically the same. A lateral move to another cabin in the same category should not result in a price change.

Royal Caribbean's new booking software program is apparently re-pricing bookings for all sorts of things that didn't used to cause re-pricing of your cruise fare. :rolleyes:

We recently changed within the same category for an upcoming cruise - the current price was over £1500 more than when we booked but because we were sticking in the same category, we didn't pay the higher amount!

We called and the change was completed within about 20 seconds - easiest thing ever!

I called last week to get a room closer to an elevator because of a knee sugrey. It took a few minutes but they took care of this with no extra charge. Stayed in same category but went up a couple of decks. Good luck.