Post Your Cabin Temperature

BigEasyCC

Do you remember which room on the Liberty? I am miserable when trying to sleep in a warm room. I plan to bring a fan and hope for the best. If I spend a week with no sleep, it will be my last cruise with Carnival.

I'm with YOU BamaLady!!

We were on the Dream in July and our aft cabin deck 8 was very warm. We would sweat getting ready for dinner and could not use blanket at bedtime. We have cruised several times and this was the first time we have had an issue with room temp. They worked on it 3 times with no success. Our cabin steward said it was also a problem the week before. We were given a discount on our next cruise booking. We didn't ask for it... They offered it. Our friends were in a deck 8 forward cabin and froze all week! They loved it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh dear......our cabins are booked on deck 8 - AFT. I hope they are addressing this problem!

I had interior room on imagination in may on Empress deck. It was freezing. The entire ship was. One of the crew was from Australia and said he never slept in such a cold room. When I went back in July, he was still there and said that the air was broken. It was fixed by July.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Oh dear......our cabins are booked on deck 8 - AFT. I hope they are addressing this problem!

I apologize.....we were on deck 6 this cruise. Hopefully you won't have the issue on deck 8. If they are still having issues, it does help just a little to remove the vent cover from the ceiling vent.

I took this a couple of years ago on the Fantasy...quite warm for us. Every cruise we go on, we have to ask for a fan it's so hot.

And this was before lunchtime...by the time we got back that afternoon, it was much warmer.

IMG_3315.jpg

Do you remember which room on the Liberty? I am miserable when trying to sleep in a warm room. I plan to bring a fan and hope for the best. If I spend a week with no sleep, it will be my last cruise with Carnival.

Our warm cabin in May was 7334.

Part of the problem is that "warm, hot, and cold" are all subjective. I am extremely comfortable at 68-72 degrees. At that temperature, my wife is freezing. She is more comfortable at 78-80 - I find that rather warm. More than likely, some pencil pusher at Carnival found what they think is the ideal blend of comfort combined with fuel/cost savings.

Has this thread been hyped up enough to warrant a response from John Heald?

My idea was to get specifics to pass along to JH. That's why i asked to post your cabin temperature. For those going on a cruise coming up in the near future to actually take a photo of the temperature in your cabin. The ship, location on the ship (cabin # is even better) and a photo showing the temperature. Then if you did report the temperature, what effort was made to correct the issue and if it was corrected.

Saying your cabin was unbearably hot is one thing, but a photo showing the temperature was 80 degrees is priceless in getting the point across.

So the more specifics the better! Let's see what we can come up with.

I don't think there is anything subjective about setting the thermostat to it's coldest and having to sleep without your sheets because it is too hot.

The Dream had a real issue felt by many.

Just like there's nothing subjective in having to turn the thermostat to its warmest setting and still needing to ask the cabin steward for additional blankets?

I don't think there is anything subjective about setting the thermostat to it's coldest and having to sleep without your sheets because it is too hot.

My husband does that every night....while I'm next to him shivering under a couple blankets. Yes temperature is subjective:rolleyes:.

Has this thread been hyped up enough to warrant a response from John Heald?

If notifying John Heald gets the problem fixed, I'm all for it!

77 degrees in a cabin!! That's miserable! Who wants to spend their vacation sweating while they try to sleep?

This problem has been going on for a long time now. I'm sure Carnival is WELL aware of it.

Absolutely........there are dozens of forums and complaints regarding it being too hot in the cabins.

My husband does that every night....while I'm next to him shivering under a couple blankets. Yes temperature is subjective:rolleyes:.

I'd rather have the option of sleeping under a blanket because it's cold in the room.......instead of sweating with no chance of any air....or sleep for that matter!

I'd rather have the option of sleeping under a blanket because it's cold in the room.......instead of sweating with no chance of any air....or sleep for that matter!

Now you sound just like DH :D. I wasn't arguing with you that some feel hot...living with DH I know they do;). I was disputing the point being made that temperature wasn't subjective. I have grown used to waking up in the middle of the night with my nose an ice cube and shivering so hard my teeth are chattering and my stomach hurts. It takes me a while to warm up again once I find those blankets. I personally find it easier to cool down by turning on a fan than I do warming up after turning into a popsicle. But DH is like you and in our marriage I am usually the one compromising on the temperature because he feels as you do....which is why I have gotten in the habit of booking balconies lately. Unlike some of you, DH can always get that cabin freezing (to me anyways:o). With a balcony I'm not forced to go up on the Lido to get warm. I can just head out the door on our private balcony and he can have the room as cold as he likes:p.

Now you sound just like DH :D. I wasn't arguing with you that some feel hot...living with DH I know they do;). I was disputing the point being made that temperature wasn't subjective. I have grown used to waking up in the middle of the night with my nose an ice cube and shivering so hard my teeth are chattering and my stomach hurts. It takes me a while to warm up again once I find those blankets. I personally find it easier to cool down by turning on a fan than I do warming up after turning into a popsicle. But DH is like you and in our marriage I am usually the one compromising on the temperature because he feels as you do....which is why I have gotten in the habit of booking balconies lately. Unlike some of you, DH can always get that cabin freezing (to me anyways:o). With a balcony I'm not forced to go up on the Lido to get warm. I can just head out the door on our private balcony and he can have the room as cold as he likes:p.

Well, I'm hopeful that I get one of your cabins that has that freezing cold air!:D

My cabin on the Sunshine was comfortable during the day, and got pretty chilly at night, which is the way I like it. The Sunshine Sunrise Dining Room was another issue though. We were seated aft, near the windows for the late dinner, and every night it was very warm in our section.

Temperature is very much subjective. I work in the HVAC field and I hear this all the time. Everyone has their own ideal comfort level. Saying that the feeling of hot and cold is not subjective is similar to saying that something is too salty, sweet, bitter, etc. We all have different preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

how many people leave the balcony doors open so they can hear the ocean? if all of them shut the doors that would help alot. i talked with one man that was complaining about the tempature in his room but he left door open, he told me it should be able to cool it with it open, even if he had to put something in door to make ac run. dont know how they expect it too keep up.

Temperature is very much subjective. I work in the HVAC field and I hear this all the time. Everyone has their own ideal comfort level. Saying that the feeling of hot and cold is not subjective is similar to saying that something is too salty, sweet, bitter, etc. We all have different preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think people are missing the whole point here. It's not about who likes it cold and who likes it hot. It's about being able to have the "choice" to adjust the temperature in your own cabin.

The folks that like it warm in their cabin certainly have that option as it stands today. However, the people who prefer a colder environment DON'T have the option of keeping it cool. We are being told it can't dip below 75 degrees (WAY too hot for most of us).

We deserve to have the "choice" just like everyone else on board.

Has anyone answered they question of "How do we take a picture of the temperature in our cabin?" I have only send the dial thermostats with the colder = blue, warmer = red and the slider on the vent in the ceiling. I have not seen a cabin that actually posts a temp to take a picture of.

I don't think I have a travel thermometer and probably would forget to pack it if I did...

I think people are missing the whole point here. It's not about who likes it cold and who likes it hot. It's about being able to have the "choice" to adjust the temperature in your own cabin.

The folks that like it warm in their cabin certainly have that option as it stands today. However, the people who prefer a colder environment DON'T have the option of keeping it cool. We are being told it can't dip below 75 degrees (WAY too hot for most of us).

We deserve to have the "choice" just like everyone else on board.

I have to believe that the temperature in our staterooms has been below 75 degrees every time we have sailed. I was too cold for it not to have been. From the posts I've been reading this "warm" room issue must not be consistent across the cruiseline. To be quite honest I've never noticed a difference between NCL, CCL, or Princess, inside room or balcony. DH always has the rooms pretty chilly to the point where I need to head outside to warm up or hide under the covers. DH seems to have had the "choice".