Celebrity suite perks

kkittens

What are all the benefits of booking a celebrity suite? In particular is there any differences between the perks of it and a sky suite? My suite guarantee was assigned a celebrity suite and I'm totally excited!

Hi, congrats on the upgrade! I have been thinking about doing this for sometime people seem to be getting lucky with this! I just answered this question for someone yesterday. So the celebrity suite and sky suite are different because the sky suite has only 300 sq ft in the room and 79 sq ft on the veranda unless you have an accessible sky suite then that is larger by a lot. The Celebrity Suite is quite larger at 394 st ft inside and 105 sq ft on the veranda. Also the best thing about the Celebrity Suite VS the Sky Suite is that the Celebrity suite has a closed off bedroom with a door and the Sky Suite has an "open floor plan" setup. This is nice if you have 3 or more passengers traveling in the same room and you want some privacy. Also in April 2015 there are a lot of perks coming for passengers with suites. This will be a private dining room ,free drink package, free mini bar (no charges for the drinks/snacks) and some other great benefits. However since you just got your assignment you must be cruising soon and these will not apply to you yet. Also i think the celebrity suites and above are a bit nicer than the sky suites as far as decor and feel as you pay more you will get a more classy feel if you will.

Edited by barney6895

Guests in Celebrity Suites also have access to the private Michael's Club, reserved for high end suites and Zenith members and VIPs. Free drinks, soft drinks, great service and a calm environment are the selling points there.

Guests in Celebrity Suites also have access to the private Michael's Club, reserved for high end suites and Zenith members and VIPs. Free drinks, soft drinks, great service and a calm environment are the selling points there.

I will be sailing this October, so I didn't really want the new list just what is currently offered. I'm getting confused on what is offered currently. I've heard/read no cover charge on blu and been reading about the Michael's club stuff, but not sure if that will apply to my cruise. Thanks.

Since you did not list the ship or sailing date it was hard to know how to reply. Here is a link to Celebrity's web site with the suite perks. In addition, guests have been reporting that Michaels Club is now open to guests in Celebrity Suites & higher and Zenith Captains Club members. The cover charge in Blu has been eliminated.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-solstice#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-solstice/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-sl-cs

Enjoy your upgraded suite.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I will be sailing this October, so I didn't really want the new list just what is currently offered. I'm getting confused on what is offered currently. I've heard/read no cover charge on blu and been reading about the Michael's club stuff, but not sure if that will apply to my cruise. Thanks.

Michael's Club is operating on all ships now. As a resident of a celebrity suite, you will be able to access the club.

You will also get some free specialty restaurant dinners--1 for a 7-night cruise, more for longer cruises.

You were lucky to get a celebrity suite on a suite guarantee. Enjoy!

Michael's Club is operating on all ships now. As a resident of a celebrity suite, you will be able to access the club.

You will also get some free specialty restaurant dinners--1 for a 7-night cruise, more for longer cruises.

That is awesome! Yes I know I am very fortunate and excited!

The free specialty dinner is no different than what you would get in a Sky Suite. Poster had asked for differences.

Happy Sailing!

Hi, congrats on the upgrade! I have been thinking about doing this for sometime people seem to be getting lucky with this! I just answered this question for someone yesterday. So the celebrity suite and sky suite are different because the sky suite has only 300 sq ft in the room and 79 sq ft on the veranda unless you have an accessible sky suite then that is larger by a lot. The Celebrity Suite is quite larger at 394 st ft inside and 105 sq ft on the veranda. Also the best thing about the Celebrity Suite VS the Sky Suite is that the Celebrity suite has a closed off bedroom with a door and the Sky Suite has an "open floor plan" setup. This is nice if you have 3 or more passengers traveling in the same room and you want some privacy. Also in April 2015 there are a lot of perks coming for passengers with suites. This will be a private dining room ,free drink package, free mini bar (no charges for the drinks/snacks) and some other great benefits. However since you just got your assignment you must be cruising soon and these will not apply to you yet. Also i think the celebrity suites and above are a bit nicer than the sky suites as far as decor and feel as you pay more you will get a more classy feel if you will.

These benefits are only for a Royal Suite and above.

Since you did not list the ship or sailing date it was hard to know how to reply. Here is a link to Celebrity's web site with the suite perks. In addition, guests have been reporting that Michaels Club is now open to guests in Celebrity Suites & higher and Zenith Captains Club members. The cover charge in Blu has been eliminated.

We were requested to pay the $5 / person gratituties last night in Blu on Summit so if it was supposed to be discontinued, the word hasn't spread around all ships and dining rooms.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-solstice#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-solstice/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-sl-cs

Enjoy your upgraded suite.

Mary Lou

Happy sailing,

Jenna

What is a "Suite Guarantee"? Never heard of that. Heard of a stateroom guarantee, though...

Also, is this "Suite Guarantee" available on all Celebrity ships, i.e., Millennium Class and the Solstice Classes?

:confused:

Thanx,

Kity

Edited by Kitycaty

It is just that, a garunteed suite. You pay a little less, can't pick you're cabin, and are garunteed a suite, at least an S2 Sky Suite (except Century, could be a Century Suite). You could be assigned a cabin at any time after booking and moved, or you could wait until the week of sailing to find out what cabin. If you don't like the cabin, and there are other cabins of the same level available, you can usually make a lateral switch.

They are available on a sailing specific basis, usually as final payment approaches.

You're just gaunteed a suite at some level. It's a typical crap shoot as they say, so be sure you'd be happy with the lowest level of suite available on the ship, because it is possible they would move someone else, and put you in their suite.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Thanks for your prompt response, but I'm still confused, Jenna...do you mean that a "Suite Guarantee" doesn't guarantee you a suite, but that they can put you in any catagory stateroom, should a suite not be available, i.e. your use of the word cabin throughout...(?)

Kity

Edited by Kitycaty

Thanks for your prompt response, but I'm still confused, Jenna...do you mean that a "Suite Guarantee" doesn't guarantee you a suite, but that they can put you in any catagory stateroom, should a suite not be available, i.e. your use of the word cabin throughout...(?)

Kity

If you purchase a suite guarantee you will definitely get a suite. You can get any level of suite located on any deck of the ship. You don't choose at all. That's why Jenna said you need to be sure you would be happy with any Suite cabin throughout the ship. Works the same for veranda guarantee, ocean view guarantee, etc. You are guaranteed the type if cabin you purchase but cannot pick your actual cabin.

Hoping a suite guarantee will open for my Alaskan cruise next June.

If you purchase a suite guarantee you will definitely get a suite. You can get any level of suite located on any deck of the ship. You don't choose at all. That's why Jenna said you need to be sure you would be happy with any Suite cabin throughout the ship. Works the same for veranda guarantee, ocean view guarantee, etc. You are guaranteed the type if cabin you purchase but cannot pick your actual cabin.

So then, one must be prepared to pay for the most expensive suite on the ship, even though one may just be shooting for a Celebrity Suite or Penthouse Suite. Isn't that taking quite a chance, if one has no use for anything quite that big, or for, say, the piano, (lol), or can you still opt out, if they offer you say, the "Owner's Suite"? We are a married couple who love the Celebrity Suites on the Millennium Class ships and the Penthouse Suites on the Solstice Class ships... :eek:

Kity

Edited by Kitycaty

So then, one must be prepared to pay for the most expensive suite on the ship, even though one may just be shooting for a Celebrity Suite or Penthouse Suite. Isn't that taking quite a chance, if one has no use for anything quite that big, or for, say, the piano, (lol), or can you still opt out, if they offer you say, the "Owner's Suite"? We are a married couple who love the Celebrity Suites on the Millennium Class ships and the Penthouse Suites on the Solstice Class ships... :eek:

Kity

Guarantee's are usually cheaper it's the rate you pay. It's usually closer to sailing. If they have a lot of one category they will sell guarantee's to fill them up. If the suite guarantee price is say $4,000.00 that's what you will pay. Up to day of sailing your cabin is assigned. Even if you get the penthouse, you already paid your $4,000.00 and you're done. You just have to be prepared mentally and happy with whatever level of suite you might get assigned.

Does that help??

Guarantee's are usually cheaper it's the rate you pay. It's usually closer to sailing. If they have a lot of one category they will sell guarantee's to fill them up. If the suite guarantee price is say $4,000.00 that's what you will pay. Up to day of sailing your cabin is assigned. Even if you get the penthouse, you already paid your $4,000.00 and you're done. You just have to be prepared mentally and happy with whatever level of suite you might get assigned.

Does that help??

I think so. You're saying that there's a fixed price level for the "suite guarantee", so you can't get stuck paying say, $10 grand for the "Owner's suite", when the dollar level of "suite guarantee" you're paying is $4 grand. I would definitely want to check this price level before committing to it! Am I correct?

Kity ;)

Edited by Kitycaty

I think so. You're saying that there's a fixed price level for the "suite guarantee", so you can't get stuck paying say, $10 grand for the "Owner's suite", when the dollar level of "suite guarantee" you're paying is $4 grand. I would definitely want to check this price level before committing to it! Am I correct?

Kity ;)

You pay the price the "suite guarantee" is offered at no matter which type of suite you are allocated.

You must be prepared to accept the worst [in your opinion] suite on the ship but, then, you usually pay less that if you purchased that suite in the regular way and you may just score something better.

Edited by Project_gal