How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

Are you a sun lover? I think 8082 is uncovered, so it may be sunnier (and less private from above)....http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523109

I am now 6 days out and still waiting for my IX assignment on Star. This is the latest I have ever gone without an assignment, though I know others have waited longer (even getting to pier).

Yes I am a sun lover , even though I am quite white lol, looking forward to the cruise 52 days away

Yes I am a sun lover , even though I am quite white lol, looking forward to the cruise 52 days away

Some people like sunny, uncovered balconies while others like shady ones with more privacy from above. Since you really like sun, your assigned cabin may be perfect for you. It is wonderful when that happens.

We are now 23 days away from our cruise on the Getaway and only have one GTY assignment out of 3 cabins booked. We booked Ocean View GTY and as of yesterday there aren't any Ocean View Categories left on this sailing...crossing my fingers for an upgrade, but I am sure someone that has a OV booked with take an upgrade offer and I will get the ocean view I paid for :)

Edited by gottogetaway2

We're cruising on the Getaway on October 25, with a balcony guarantee, and I just got assigned cabin 11716 today. It looks like a pretty average balcony to me, but it's our first cruise, so I don't really know. It's nice to know what to expect, I was worried we'd find out at the very last minute.

We had booked an OA guarantee on the Dawn months ago for the Boston to Quebec City sailing in a little over a week. We were anxiously waiting for a cabin assignment and finally with 29 days to go, we got our assignment. Huge disappointment as we were assuming that an OA guarantee was the top of the Outside Window cabin category and we would most likely end up on either deck 8 or 9, unless they upgraded us to a balcony. Lo and behold, Norwegian considers the O1 Family Outside Window cabins on deck 5 to be a premium category compared to the OA's. We sucked it up and realized we had messed up by not informing ourselves COMPLETELY of the categories and figured since it was a cruise we weren't adamant about needing a balcony for anyways, that the window would be fine. Today, 8 days before our cruise, our Cruise Consolidator company called and said Norwegian had oversold the Dawn for next week and was willing to offer us a complete refund, except taxes, if we would give up our Outside cabin and take an inside! No brainer!! For $260, we will be on the same cruise but in an inside cabin, with an almost $2000 refund headed or way.

We had booked an OA guarantee on the Dawn months ago for the Boston to Quebec City sailing in a little over a week. We were anxiously waiting for a cabin assignment and finally with 29 days to go, we got our assignment. Huge disappointment as we were assuming that an OA guarantee was the top of the Outside Window cabin category and we would most likely end up on either deck 8 or 9, unless they upgraded us to a balcony. Lo and behold, Norwegian considers the O1 Family Outside Window cabins on deck 5 to be a premium category compared to the OA's. We sucked it up and realized we had messed up by not informing ourselves COMPLETELY of the categories and figured since it was a cruise we weren't adamant about needing a balcony for anyways, that the window would be fine. Today, 8 days before our cruise, our Cruise Consolidator company called and said Norwegian had oversold the Dawn for next week and was willing to offer us a complete refund, except taxes, if we would give up our Outside cabin and take an inside! No brainer!! For $260, we will be on the same cruise but in an inside cabin, with an almost $2000 refund headed or way.

I am so glad it worked out for you. There are many lovely areas on the ship, so you needn't spend much time in your cabin. have a wonderful cruise and also enjoy that spending money.

Now that's what I called an UPGRADE! :)

does it make a difference if you jump on a last minute deal? We jumped on a NCL 7 day Hawaii 15 days out IX and was wondering when we would get a room assignment so I googled and found this great thread. But my question is might it take longer to get an assignment because I booked so late?

does it make a difference if you jump on a last minute deal? We jumped on a NCL 7 day Hawaii 15 days out IX and was wondering when we would get a room assignment so I googled and found this great thread. But my question is might it take longer to get an assignment because I booked so late?

It often seems the very last minute bookings (like week before sailing) get assignments very quickly. Got mine in 48-72 hours when I booked 2-3 weeks out.

I had a BX booked for my 10/23 Getaway cruise...I watch prices everyday and for the same price (as of yesterday) I could upgrade to a Large Balcony and get my cabin # right then. Which I did. So I'll be in 9712!

Have some of you looked to see the cost and if you can get an "upgrade" for the same price you're paying?

Good luck to everyone!

I had a BX booked for my 10/23 Getaway cruise...I watch prices everyday and for the same price (as of yesterday) I could upgrade to a Large Balcony and get my cabin # right then. Which I did. So I'll be in 9712!

Have some of you looked to see the cost and if you can get an "upgrade" for the same price you're paying?

Good luck to everyone!

Fortunately, we were lucky when we booked that they had the third person free promotion so as we have a third person in our cabin, even with lower overall per person prices it doesn't overcome that promotion, and would end up about 400 dollars more to upgrade... I guess we'll just have to wait until the cabin is assigned. For some reason, I think there are still a ton of balcony cabins available on our 11/29 cruise... It could possibly get discounted further I imagine...

Hi everyone,

Booked a BX on the 11/29 Getaway sailing and still waiting for assignment.....

We got a great price back in July hasn't come anywhere close since, so not waiting for a price drop to that price....

But hoping for a nice upgrade... :)

Can't help but check twice a day...

Martine

32 days out and just assigned. Booked an IX on the Breakaway and was assigned an ID.

Just wanted to share a quick update with my experience in upgrading from a gty. We booked an IX gty and were assigned an ID (very far forward, sooo far from the stairs) so I was looking to upgrade if possible. I know people have reported NCL not letting them pay for an upgrade after final payment. Thankfully this wasn't the case for us and our TA worked out an upgrade to a B2 Family Balcony for $130 pp. We did lose our $100 OBC from our original booking. But now we're right by the aft stairwell, so I'm really happy.

Hi everyone,

Booked a BX on the 11/29 Getaway sailing and still waiting for assignment.....

We got a great price back in July hasn't come anywhere close since, so not waiting for a price drop to that price....

But hoping for a nice upgrade... :)

Can't help but check twice a day...

Martine

I'm on the same cruise in a BX guarantee also... still waiting also... I looked at prices yesterday and the Balcony cabins were LESS than Outside Cabins.

Makes me wonder if there are tons of balcony cabins available still. If that's the case, that limits the possibility of a lucky upgrade :)

45 days to go and still nothing. Is it weird that I'm excited to check everyday to see if anything's changed?

Hard to resist looking... I do it every day myself even though they say they will email when docs are ready...

Unless I missed it (possible, because I don't read every little thing NCL emails me), I didn't get any email that my cabin was assigned and my docs were ready. I just happened to notice both on routine checks online. I'd keep an eye out if I were you instead of waiting to be notified, if you're eager to know.