How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

Starry Eyes: I'll be at O'Hare two days after you, leaving the night of the 20th. See you in Copenhagen, hopefully with your cabin assignment in hand!

I hope we have a cabin assignment by then, too. If not, no luggage tags; we will manage if that happens.

This will be my first flight O'Hare Terminal 5 since the remodel. I am looking forward to a big improvement.

See you in Copenhagen!

29 days out still no assignment ugg now im getting impatient lol :eek::eek::eek:

Many people feel that way. Did you get your e-docs? Unassigned, I got them at 29 or 30 days out. Small step, but any progress feels good. Hang it there...

I am now 7 days out. So looking forward to an assignment, but mostly looking forward to the cruise. Nice cabins are still available for my cruise, so hope remains.

Booked the bx on the epic, just got my room assignment 8082 was guessing its a bc category, but when I went onto ncl site to do a dummy booking they have all the same rooms for selecting in ba,BB, bc categories but all different prices lol

Are you a sun lover? I think 8082 is uncovered, so it may be sunnier (and less private from above)....http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523109

I am now 6 days out and still waiting for my IX assignment on Star. This is the latest I have ever gone without an assignment, though I know others have waited longer (even getting to pier).

Edited by Starry Eyes

I just got my assignment...6 days out. We booked an IX and got an obstructed oceanview. I am happy to get an upgrade and we will appreciate a bit of natural light in the cabin.

Happy for you! Even though an inside cabin is OK, getting the window, even though it's an obstructed view, is a great upgrade for you! Enjoy your cruise.

Happy for you! Even though an inside cabin is OK, getting the window, even though it's an obstructed view, is a great upgrade for you! Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks. Actually, we feel very lucky. We like the deck 8 obstructed ocean views on deck 8 better than insides and also better some of the deck 4 cabins with small portholes. Having a cabin number makes it feel a bit more concrete, so I can barely wait.

I just got my assignment...6 days out. We booked an IX and got an obstructed oceanview. I am happy to get an upgrade and we will appreciate a bit of natural light in the cabin.

Yea! Good things come to those that wait.....and wait you did! LOL

Harriet

We are cruising on NCL Pearl December 1, 2014 and we have been assigned Cabin 8564 and obstructed Ocean View OX. There was no notification it just appeared on the NCL website when I logged into the reservation.

That's the norm, they know you'll find it eventually... :p

Have a good cruise.

That's the norm, they know you'll find it eventually... :p

Have a good cruise.

Funny that you said that. years ago, when we were cruising newbies and the web was younger, we booked a gty on another line. I read the rules, and thought we would not get the assignment until the pier (like checking into hotel). DH found the assignment online eventually...just like you said.

Funny that you said that. years ago, when we were cruising newbies and the web was younger, we booked a gty on another line. I read the rules, and thought we would not get the assignment until the pier (like checking into hotel). DH found the assignment online eventually...just like you said.

Well, smiles are good anytime and I like to give away as many as possible. :D

My 1st cruise was in Feb. 2012, BX, we (DH & I weren't even engaged then) ended up upselling to a mini-suite for $300. I realize now it was too much but back then it seemed like a good idea :p We got engaged on that cruise and married 8.5 months later. NOT what you're thinkin' either :eek: :p, we're in our 60's so it's a new life for both of us.

We've only ended up with a GTY cabin once, on the Epic, and it was great. Last GTY we did another upsell, $130 from an OV to an SF, likely won't be repeated but hey, was a great experience.

Have a great time.

Wow! That's great, I hope we have the same luck when we get our room assignment! We are 10 days out.:eek: Enjoy your cruise:):)

10 days out on Getaway. Booked an inside guarantee and was assigned 9445 today. I haven't been able to check and see if this is an upgrade, any insight?

Looks good, it's an I1, - "An affordable family option and conveniently located near our kids’ area, these staterooms include two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed and two pull-down beds. (Door opens to center interior corridor.)"

It's a sideways inside cabin which most think gives the impression of a larger cabin although the space is the same. I guess it's the layout. ( hopefully you can see here) http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/decks/2/9#tab_detail

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by All-ready2cruise