How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

I'm happy for all of you who got decent or good assignments.

Nisky, sorry that your spontaneous upgrade might not have worked out so well. I suppose it is difficult to change cabins again so soon before the cruise. I hope it works out OK.

I'm still waiting for my assignment for the Star 9/22.

Flyingirl, have you gotten your assignment for the Star?

Hi,

I think this question is somewhat related to the Topic, but I could be wrong. Either way, I booked a BX with the 3rd person Free on Epic. We haven't been assigned a cabin yet.

If I remember correctly, the NCL cruise consultant said I was guaranteed a Balcony and would probably be "upgraded" to a better balcony. It seems there are only 2 BX cabins on the ship, so....

What if the price is now lower than what it was when I booked?

The cruise consultant also told me to check the prices and if it goes down, he will lower my price. So, I assume I should call him and see what happens, but I wanted to ask more experienced NCL cruisers first

My main question is - what about the 3rd person Free. Will NCL bring that up and not lower the rate for the 2 paying passengers?

Another question - what if NCL lowers my price now and then I see the price lower next month. Will NCL lower my rate a 2nd time?

Thanks for any information.

Hi,

I think this question is somewhat related to the Topic, but I could be wrong. Either way, I booked a BX with the 3rd person Free on Epic. We haven't been assigned a cabin yet.

If I remember correctly, the NCL cruise consultant said I was guaranteed a Balcony and would probably be "upgraded" to a better balcony. It seems there are only 2 BX cabins on the ship, so....

What if the price is now lower than what it was when I booked?

The cruise consultant also told me to check the prices and if it goes down, he will lower my price. So, I assume I should call him and see what happens, but I wanted to ask more experienced NCL cruisers first

My main question is - what about the 3rd person Free. Will NCL bring that up and not lower the rate for the 2 paying passengers?

Another question - what if NCL lowers my price now and then I see the price lower next month. Will NCL lower my rate a 2nd time?

Thanks for any information.

When you do a mock booking looking for possible price drops, price it out for three people. if before final payment, the new price for three in any given category is more appealing than your current total price for three in a BX, call your cruise consultant to try to get the new deal. If you only see a price drop for passengers one and two (but more when you add the third person), you can call and ask, but, since the total is higher, you likely won't get anywhere...still you can try...the worst they will say is no.

The balcony cabins on Epic vary quite a bit. some people do not like some of the balconies. Some are enclosed for example. some overlook life boats. some are less private, being exposed from above (of course a real sun lover might accept that happily). My point is that if you can pick your exact cabin at close to the same price you are paying, you may want to do so. so watch prices of specific balcony categories and research specific balcony details here on cruise critic or on google.

If before final payment, you catch a price drop, great. if you later catch another before final payment, even better. after final payment, do not expect any more price reductions, so after final pay,ent watch instead prices of better cabins...maybe you will catch a free or low cost upgrade opportunity.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Thanks. I'll also look at different balcony categories. I appreciate the tip.

Of all the NCL ships, Epic probably has the most variation of balcony cabins. So booking a balcony gty on Epic could yield highly variable results. When I was booking Epic, there was a substantial price differential between balcony gty and any balcony category where I picked my own. after thinking it over, I decided as long as I had some fresh air and a bit of a view, I could live with any balcony while spending the money saved on something else, so we booked the BX gty. We ended up with a very nice assignment, far better than I'd dared hope, but it could have gone the other way.

I have an assignment for my Gty for the Dawn Oct 17th do they ever change them after you get one? It is midship and on deck 5 I think that is good so not feel the motion too much.

Ellen

The cruise line has the right to change your gty assignment if they wish. That said, once an assignment is given usually it stays the same.

I am glad you are happy enough with your assignment. midship and low should mean less motion, which is nice if you are prone to motion sickness. Have a great cruise.

I wonder if it matters that I'm booking under a TA rate. Maybe they'll give me an upgrade for being one ;)

I have never heard if special rates help, hurt, or have no impact. Assignment decision criteria do not seem to be public info.

Still, I'll hope for the best for you.

99 days out today.. Double Digit dancing. Checked today and got cabin assignment. Minisuite on Jewel Cabin#11128. Seems to be okay. This is first time for us to do Guarantee. Not a fan of the suspense. Im a planner and I didn't feel like doing any until cabin assigned. Not that it matters but it felt weird without knowing the cabin.

Take care all.

Jodie

When I looked at my booking this morning during planning, my room wasn't assigned, but I just looked again and they've assigned it. Stateroom 13128, category IA, midship. Since I'm saving $700 off the cost of it, I'm pretty thrilled!

Congrats on the upgrade!! So what was your original GTY category? Sorry, but your original post really confused me. :o

I just upgraded from balcony to a MX GTY for our cruise. It was actually cheaper to do the mini suite GTY than it was for the balcony. This is our first time doing the GTY. Like others that have posted, I am a planner, and it feels weird not having a confirmed room. I know that it isn't any different than booking at a hotel, but it just feels different. :rolleyes:

Originally booked a BX balcony a few months ago. Then noticed that prices dropped so much that I was able to get a Mini-suite guarantee for what I paid for the balcony guarantee. 21 days out and still not assigned a cabin. looking at the website seems there are only about 18 or so mini-suites left. Very curious as to what we will get and why we are still not assigned. Either way, I can't wait for this cruise!!:D

Originally booked a BX balcony a few months ago. Then noticed that prices dropped so much that I was able to get a Mini-suite guarantee for what I paid for the balcony guarantee. 21 days out and still not assigned a cabin. looking at the website seems there are only about 18 or so mini-suites left. Very curious as to what we will get and why we are still not assigned. Either way, I can't wait for this cruise!!:D

How can you tell by looking at the website how many rooms are still left?