How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

I do not know for certain, but really I do not think cruise lines generally use loyalty levels to assign gty cabins. on another cruise line's forum people speculate or joke that it is an inverse correlation...newbies get better assignments than high level loyalty members. If high level loyalty members thought they'd always get the best gty assignment, they'd be more likely to book a bargain gty fare, planning on a free upgrade; the cruiseline would make less money on that loyal cruiser. OTOH, if cruiselines give a good assignment to a newbie, they might hook that newbie and enhance their profit.

I think you have as good a shot at a decent gty assignment as anybody else. Hope it works out that way.

Hmm..I am not sure how all of them do it...but I believe Princess does that as I know people how have high level and they always get upgraded to a pretty good room..If they are smart, they would give good upgrade to newbies the first time...then the high level ones...so you would keep going back to try to get to the high level so eventually get a good upgrade :)

Hmm..I am not sure how all of them do it...but I believe Princess does that as I know people how have high level and they always get upgraded to a pretty good room..If they are smart, they would give good upgrade to newbies the first time...then the high level ones...so you would keep going back to try to get to the high level so eventually get a good upgrade :)

Are they booking gty cabins and consistently getting good upgrades of their cabin assignment on Princess? Or are they getting loyalty upgrades when they pick their own cabin, too? some cruiselines have more than one way to score an upgrade., which is good, because some very loyal people would never risk booking gty. If I were noise sensitive or motion sensitive or needed to be near elevator etc, I would always pick my cabin, too. fortunately, I can be happy pretty much anywhere on the ship.

I do not know how NCL allocates gty cabins. Heck, it could be a dart board, I suppose. so, I am just guessing when I say your odds are as good as anybody's.

Are they booking gty cabins and consistently getting good upgrades of their cabin assignment on Princess? Or are they getting loyalty upgrades when they pick their own cabin, too? some cruiselines have more than one way to score an upgrade., which is good, because some very loyal people would never risk booking gty. If I were noise sensitive or motion sensitive or needed to be near elevator etc, I would always pick my cabin, too. fortunately, I can be happy pretty much anywhere on the ship.

I do not know how NCL allocates gty cabins. Heck, it could be a dart board, I suppose. so, I am just guessing when I say your odds are as good as anybody's.

Yeah from what I know, they book GTY inside and get upgraded cuz they are high loyalty members. My parents actually book inside GTY before too, and got upgraded to balcony.

Finally got assignment Getaway Sep 20th. Guess they do it 1 wk before.

No big upgrade it seems..inside GTY..

Got 1B level..guess it's an upgrade? Still in basement at level 5..but apparently this room is slightly bigger and from the deck plan does appear so?

Finally got assignment Getaway Sep 20th. Guess they do it 1 wk before.

No big upgrade it seems..inside GTY..

Got 1B level..guess it's an upgrade? Still in basement at level 5..but apparently this room is slightly bigger and from the deck plan does appear so?

So, your assignment came 10 days out? I have not been on deck five, but IIRC, some people like it pretty well...wider hallways, maybe? it sounds like a decent assignment. Have a wonderful cruise and thank you for sharing your knowledge about Princess gty.

Our cruise leaves in 11 days (just 2 days after yours, so maybe we are next in line). We are still waiting for an assignment for our inside gty. Inside cabins have been sold out for weeks, but they may shuffle people around in these final days. I am looking forward to an assignment, but mostly looking forward to a delightful cruise.

Down to 9 days and finally got our cabin assignment this morning. No upgrade for us. Booked an IX GTY and got an IX GTY...Deck 5 cabin 5449.

Doesn't really matter because we will be cruising and don't spend much time in the cabin anyway. Just excited for our September 20 cruise on the Getaway!!

Can't they keep you in the same cabin for B2B cruises? Taking a B2B is on my bucket list!:)

Usually not if it's a GTY, but if you book early enough you can choose your cabin for both legs....and it can be the same cabin. GTY? You're taking a chance as they can put you in any room per leg.

Harriet

Down to 9 days and finally got our cabin assignment this morning. No upgrade for us. Booked an IX GTY and got an IX GTY...Deck 5 cabin 5449.

Doesn't really matter because we will be cruising and don't spend much time in the cabin anyway. Just excited for our September 20 cruise on the Getaway!!

So, you got an IE on deck 5? It sounds like it will be plenty good enough for your needs. Have a great time.

So, your assignment came 10 days out? I have not been on deck five, but IIRC, some people like it pretty well...wider hallways, maybe? it sounds like a decent assignment. Have a wonderful cruise and thank you for sharing your knowledge about Princess gty.

Our cruise leaves in 11 days (just 2 days after yours, so maybe we are next in line). We are still waiting for an assignment for our inside gty. Inside cabins have been sold out for weeks, but they may shuffle people around in these final days. I am looking forward to an assignment, but mostly looking forward to a delightful cruise.

FYI - there are only a few obstructed OV left, some family balcony's and some mini suites! Oh, and a family suite and a few other suites. So.....I'm interested in what you actually get assigned! LOL

Harriet

FYI - there are only a few obstructed OV left, some family balcony's and some mini suites! Oh, and a family suite and a few other suites. So.....I'm interested in what you actually get assigned! LOL

Harriet

Hi, Harriet. Can you see available obstructed cabins for our cruise? I only see obstructed OV gty (OX), but NCL may have inventory I cannot see. And NCL is known to make upsell call as the cruises approach, so they may free up an inside or obstructed or whatever for me that way. Or maybe the fairy will call us. Who knows. The anticipation grows every day.

We will have fun no matter what cabin. I am so looking forward to being back on Star, especially for this great itinerary...you, too?

Wendy

Hi, Harriet. Can you see available obstructed cabins for our cruise? I only see obstructed OV gty (OX), but NCL may have inventory I cannot see. And NCL is known to make upsell call as the cruises approach, so they may free up an inside or obstructed or whatever for me that way. Or maybe the fairy will call us. Who knows. The anticipation grows every day.

We will have fun no matter what cabin. I am so looking forward to being back on Star, especially for this great itinerary...you, too?

Wendy

Nope, obstructed OV are showing as GTY. I'd be having a bad 'ants in my pants' few days waiting to know! LOL

I loved the Star during my B2B January/February so yes - I'm looking forward to getting back on her!

Harriet

The Getaway only has two (2) IX cabins...5100 and 5700. As long as you got any other cabin, it IS an upgrade. 5449 is a category IE cabin, so you were given a 2 category upgrade.

Nope, obstructed OV are showing as GTY. I'd be having a bad 'ants in my pants' few days waiting to know! LOL

I loved the Star during my B2B January/February so yes - I'm looking forward to getting back on her!

Harriet

Each day for this week I thought would be the day, but NCL is keeping me in anticipation. I think I'd have the ants in pants effect just anticipating the cruise, but awaiting the assignment may be adding to it. One week from now, I'll be at O'Hare airport awaiting the flight to Copenhagen. So close.

Thank you Sea Shark for setting me straight and helping me to see that we did get an upgrade. (Although it shows on our Vacation Summary that it is an IX.) When I pull up the deck plan it doesn't show any IE rooms on Deck 5. I just love cruising and am happy with any room that I have on board! Now...just wishing the 20th will hurry and get here!! Hope everyone has an awesome day and others still waiting will get their assignments!! ;)

Edited by beachnut41955

Thank you Sea Shark for setting me straight and helping me to see that we did get an upgrade. (Although it shows on our Vacation Summary that it is an IX.) When I pull up the deck plan it doesn't show any IE rooms on Deck 5. I just love cruising and am happy with any room that I have on board! Now...just wishing the 20th will hurry and get here!! Hope everyone has an awesome day and others still waiting will get their assignments!! ;)

That's the prefect attitude for a person booking a gty inside. Have a wonderful time!