How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

How can you tell by looking at the website how many rooms are still left?

On the NCL website you can just do a mock booking; you'll see prices and at least some of the available cabins. They may not show all available cabins. In addition to getting a feel for inventory, I do this to see if the prices have dropped on my cruise in hopes of getting a price drop or a bargain upgrade.

You could also try the same thing some travel agency websites. some of those websites seem faster and more user friendly than NCL.com. but cruisecritic rules do not allow us to name our favorites. poke around and you might find one you like well enough.

We are 35 days out, booked a OX-GTY on the Getaway 10/11 sailing, still waiting for our cabin assignments :)

I'm 47 days out on my Getaway sailing and getting antsy about my BX-GTY, which hasn't been assigned yet.

But I keep reminding myself that Royal Caribbean once played chicken with me on a GTY until 2 days before sailing and I survived, so I'm just hanging in there. :D

11 Days until my cruise on the Getaway and still waiting on my inside assignment. Seems like lots of suspense going on for folks!! In a way it is fun, but in a way I want to know....

I hear you beachnut! I'm 19 days out on the Breakaway and still not room assignment for my MX guarantee!!

From all these reports, I may be waiting another 3-4 weeks for my cabin assignment for Getaway Oct. 25. They seem to be squeezing new bookings as hard as they can before placing guarantees. Totally understandable, but :(

I know I'll end up SOMEWHERE, but it is nice knowing where so you can check the deck plan and see where it is in relation to all the amenities.

Congrats to all who have gotten their cabins!

Hi newr. We are also on the Sept. 20 on Getaway. We may be right down there with you, although we are silver with NCL...but that may not mean a thing. It will be fun to see where we all end up!! Everyday I say...maybe tomorrow. We are inside guarantee too!

Edited by beachnut41955

On Getaway next Sat Sept 20...still no assignment for inside gaurentee... Probably gonna b lowest packing order... First time on NCL

I'm not sure first timers fare any differently than past cruisers. I'm Platinum, but when I book gty I do not assume it will help me score an upgrade.

My cruise on Star is only 13 days away; we are still waiting for an inside gty assignment. My fingers have been crossed so long, they are cramping up (and causing lots of typos, too);). We leave for Europe in 9 short days; I hope we have the assignment (or a call from the upsell fairy) before then so we can print proper tags and edocs with cabin number. Not the end of the world ifnot, but it would be nice....

Once you all get your assignments, post to let us all know where and how far out you were from date of sailing. Seems like Norwegian is waiting to the very last second. :eek:

It seems like some people are getting their assignments way in advance while others are waiting until the very end. I'm waiting and hoping for the best. I can't wait to get on that ship; we will have a great time no matter what cabin.

Hi newr. We are also on the Sept. 20 on Getaway. We may be right down there with you, although we are silver with NCL...but that may not mean a thing. It will be fun to see where we all end up!! Everyday I say...maybe tomorrow. We are inside guarantee too!

Guess they leave it to last minute! I am sure you'll be higher up...I think most Cruise company assign these based on loyalty levels.

FINALLY got my cabin assignment for the Getaway leaving this Saturday! Got a couple of category upgrade...fair, mid-ship location. Just happy to be cruizin!

So your assignment came through about 4 days prior to the cruise? I'm glad it was a decent assignment. have a wonderful trip.

Guess they leave it to last minute! I am sure you'll be higher up...I think most Cruise company assign these based on loyalty levels.

I do not know for certain, but really I do not think cruise lines generally use loyalty levels to assign gty cabins. on another cruise line's forum people speculate or joke that it is an inverse correlation...newbies get better assignments than high level loyalty members. If high level loyalty members thought they'd always get the best gty assignment, they'd be more likely to book a bargain gty fare, planning on a free upgrade; the cruiseline would make less money on that loyal cruiser. OTOH, if cruiselines give a good assignment to a newbie, they might hook that newbie and enhance their profit.

I think you have as good a shot at a decent gty assignment as anybody else. Hope it works out that way.

FINALLY got my cabin assignment for the Getaway leaving this Saturday! Got a couple of category upgrade...fair, mid-ship location. Just happy to be cruizin!

That's great! We sail on the 27th, no assignment yet! It almost doesn't feel complete until we get our room number!