cruise veteran, princess newbie

joeyancho

We don't use hardly any salt at home & fine the food on Princess to be over-salted although still tasty. We know it's not the best health wise but since it's only a few times a year, what the heck.
I never use salt at home and in fact, didn't have a salt shaker until a week or so ago. I occasionally find ship food salty but generally, I think the food on Princess is very good and I LOVE the soups. Just goes to show that taste is very subjective.

This all sounds very good. Thanks to all. We are a bit tired of the carnival product. It used to be great but there have been too many cutbacks. Royal has abandoned the west coast so our only option was princess. To my surprise it was cheaper than a similar carnival cruise, win, win. The crown princess looks very nice in the online photos. So now we can't wait.

Great question to ask. I booked the Star for this coming Feb just to try cruising on the West Coast. And then went and booked the Jewel (OTS) for fall of 2015 while she is going up and down the West Coast.

The idea of having self-service laundry is wonderful. The thought of being at zero with the cruise line's loyalty program is not...

-Holly

who has already tested out seven cruise lines -what is one more?

Adults can order it also. Since it is not shown on the adult menu, the eyes of the other people at your table may pop when it is served.

You are not limited to the vanilla ice cream they normally use in the volcano. You can ask for any flavor they have that evening.

I just told my DH about the Volcano and that he can order it on our upcoming cruise.....his eyes popped out!!! :eek:

Two past versions

014122409Volcanosundae101_8880_zps472984cb.jpg

17531712Volcanobananasplit100_8579_zps248ffe34.jpg

WOW! Now my eyes are popping out and I'm not even a big ice cream fan!! ;):eek: The first one would be my preference, however!!

Edited by suzyed

Been on many Carnival cruises and going on my third Princess in November.

-Princess' pizza is almost as good as Carnival's new pizza. Much better than the old one.

-If eating late don't order the creme brûlée as it will probably be soggy.

-each MDR (or pair) has a speciality dish that is not on the menu.

-there is no tear-off in the Patters. You have to take the whole thing with you.

-Soft Serve is not 24/7

-the buffet is set up differently and they serve drinks. Good variety of cheeses at dinner.

-on the Princess ships I've been on there has been no long indoor promenade with windows to gaze out at the ocean. Where there is, seating is extremely limited.

If Alfred and Seymour are onboard do not miss their show. Do not be late.

-each MDR (or pair) has a speciality dish that is not on the menu.

This is only on the Diamond and Sapphire.

And any of the special dishes can be ordered in any of the five dining rooms including the traditional seating dining room which does not have a specialty dish of its own.