Guarantee cabin allocated WOW

I grabbed a suite guarantee for Explorer out of Sydney in the Xmas hols in 2016. I had no intention of booking a cruise the but the offer was to good to miss. I figure how wrong go with a suite. Needless to say the offer was only around for a couple of days. Now the lowest grade balcony costs more than I paid and the suites are over $2000 more. As it is an early Jan cruise I can't see the price falling again. And the suite double points will comfortably push us to Diamond with Crown and Anchor..I'm happy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I grabbed a suite guarantee for Explorer out of Sydney in the Xmas hols in 2016. I had no intention of booking a cruise the but the offer was to good to miss. I figure how wrong go with a suite. Needless to say the offer was only around for a couple of days. Now the lowest grade balcony costs more than I paid and the suites are over $2000 more. As it is an early Jan cruise I can't see the price falling again. And the suite double points will comfortably push us to Diamond with Crown and Anchor..I'm happy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is a fantastic catch, well done.:D

I booked a Guarantee Inside on the Radiance of the Seas cruise to New Zealand a couple of years ago and ended up in a very nice mid ship, upper deck cabin and this was booked through a Aussie Travel Agent.

Elaine.

Well done for you and for the TA.:D

and we have been allocated a room already does that mean we will def be stuck with that room? looks fairly good 9202 on century. we have a c2 guarantee. can't complain i guess.

It is unlikely that the cruise line will change it. Depending on who/where you booked your cruise* you may be able to request another C2 cabin in a better location if any are available. Do a mock booking or use a website to see which C2's are available and give the TA or cruise line (dependent on who you booked with) a call.

We have had 4 guarantees now and on each one have moved to a better location within our allocated category.

* Unlikely to happen if you booked locally but I would give it a try.

Our second cruise with Princess earlier this year we booked a mini suite on Diamond Princess out of Sydney for 19 days and a week before we sailed were upgraded to a Penthouse suite - what a great surprise and we loved the whole experience.

Sailing again on the Sapphire (3rd cruise with Princess) on 20 September - booked basic balcony guarantee and have been upgraded to premium balcony aft with bigger balcony for the cruise.

Someone is looking after us but who?

Our second cruise with Princess earlier this year we booked a mini suite on Diamond Princess out of Sydney for 19 days and a week before we sailed were upgraded to a Penthouse suite - what a great surprise and we loved the whole experience.

Sailing again on the Sapphire (3rd cruise with Princess) on 20 September - booked basic balcony guarantee and have been upgraded to premium balcony aft with bigger balcony for the cruise.

Someone is looking after us but who?

Good scores, yes, someone likes you or just being lucky. Hope it continues for you.:D

It is unlikely that the cruise line will change it. Depending on who/where you booked your cruise* you may be able to request another C2 cabin in a better location if any are available. Do a mock booking or use a website to see which C2's are available and give the TA or cruise line (dependent on who you booked with) a call.

We have had 4 guarantees now and on each one have moved to a better location within our allocated category.

* Unlikely to happen if you booked locally but I would give it a try.

I doubt you will be moved without asking but as mentioned by woodyren, if you request a change to a like cabin they may accommodate that. :D

I'm happy with the spot to be honest right by the stairs and elevators nothing i can see in the vicinity to cause any noise dramas. only thing im kicking myself more about now is the suites have come down in price and it is only a few hundred extra which i would happily pay to upgrade to a suite. once you've paid up thats it right no upgrading or anything without cancelling and all that?

I'm happy with the spot to be honest right by the stairs and elevators nothing i can see in the vicinity to cause any noise dramas. only thing im kicking myself more about now is the suites have come down in price and it is only a few hundred extra which i would happily pay to upgrade to a suite. once you've paid up thats it right no upgrading or anything without cancelling and all that?

Again depends who you booked with. If it is with a US agent you can almost always pay extra for any upgrade right up until 48hours(?) before departure.

The only issue is that if your price came with certain perks and if the higher price was a special discounted price you may have to make a decision on upgrading or sitting pat and keeping your perks.

Again. this is something we have also done at the last minute with a US agent booking- upgraded from a balcony to a Grand suite on Navigator for only a couple of hundred dollars. We tried to do similar with an Australian agent before final payment 2 years ago and was told we couldn't . Worth a try though. Jennie

Again. this is something we have also done at the last minute with a US agent booking- upgraded from a balcony to a Grand suite on Navigator for only a couple of hundred dollars. We tried to do similar with an Australian agent before final payment 2 years ago and was told we couldn't . Worth a try though. Jennie

Definitely worth the call. :D