Drinks on Board

We are about to go on a cruise on the Voyager. We can't find any sensible information about the cost of alcoholic drinks on board. We've heard about the wine package arrangement on some cruises but we couldn't find any details of the per bottle prices or what kind of wine you get in the package deals. We also don't know how much a simple beer (or two!) costs. Can anyone help us with this information? :cool: :p

Beer runs $3.50-$4.50 a bottle. Drinks run from $4 - $9. Wine package info posted recently on the boards:

Dont hold me to this, it is from another post from June that I found.

GOLD PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $113

7 BOTTLES $158

10 BOTTLES $226

12 BOTTLES $273

SPARKLING

Korbel, Brut

WHITE WINES

Chardonnay, Stone Cellars, Beringer

Semillon-Chardonnay, Lindemans-Bin 77

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra

White Zinfandel, Woodbridge, Robert Mondavi

RED WINES

Beaujolais Villages, George duBoeuf

Cabernet Sauvignon, Stone Cellars, Beringer

Cabernet Sauvignon, Woodbridge Twin Oaks

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca

Shiraz, Footprint

PLATINUM PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $125

7 BOTTLES $173

10 BOTTLES $250

12 BOTTLES $299

SPARKLING

Argyle, Brut

Korbel, Brut

WHITE WINES

Organic Cardonnay, Badger Mountain, Estate Grown

Johannesburg Riesling, Chateau St. Michelle

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

White Zinfandel, Beringer

RED WINES

Merlot, Robert Mondavi Private Selection

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca

Rioja, Faustino VII

Shiraz, Footprint

Zinfandel, Cline

DIAMOND PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $137

7 BOTTLES $189

10 BOTTLES $274

12 BOTTLES $329

SPARKLING

Argyle, Brut

Korbel, Brut

WHITE WINES

Chardonnay, Meridian Vineyards

Organic Cardonnay, Badger Mountain, Estate Grown

Johannesburg Riesling, Chateau St. Michelle

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

White Zinfandel, Beringer

RED WINES

Carmenere, Arboleda

Merlot, Robert Mondavi Private Selection

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca

Pinot Noir, Beringer Founder's Estate

Rioja, Faustino VII

Shiraz, Footprint

Shiraz, Rosemount Estate

Zinfandel, Cline

Guest cruzr44
We are about to go on a cruise on the Voyager. We can't find any sensible information about the cost of alcoholic drinks on board. We've heard about the wine package arrangement on some cruises but we couldn't find any details of the per bottle prices or what kind of wine you get in the package deals. We also don't know how much a simple beer (or two!) costs. Can anyone help us with this information? :cool: :p

You can also get beer by the bucket. I believe it is five cans (in a bucket of ice) somewhere in the price range of $17-18. Someone who has done this more recently please correct me if I am wrong.

The beer by the bucket is simply buy 5 get one free. Beer prices are the same as those posted above (with one free of course). They put them in a bucket of ice. You can get any beer they serve this way (bottle or can)

Please remember that the drinks that are delivered around by the pool are usually in glasses you can keep and they are usually up to $5.00 more than if you order from the bar in a regular glass. Most frozen drinks are $4.50 in a regular glass.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the Explorer. My rum drinks around the pool were 5.95 + tip so it actually was about 6.85 each for the "drink of the day". I ordered a Pina Colada instead of the "drink of the day" and it was $8.95 + tip. I also gave my server an additional tip for being a great server and he always brought me 2 extra shots of rum on the side as a bonus. We also had the same server at some of the shows and got the same excellent service there as well. I found that if I took care of my servers early in the cruise, they took care of me for the duration. i only used two servers for my drinks and they both learned our names and would always say hello and treat us like royalty.

Anyone happen to know the size of the wine bottles ?

They should either be 750 ml or 1.5 liter bottles.

My wife and I love Beringer White Zinfindel and buy it at home in the Supermarket for $ 6.99 for a 750 ml bottle and 10.99 for a 1.5 liter bottle.

I would hope you would not be paying $25 a bottle for a 750 ml bottle on the ship.

Bob:)

All the wine we had on the Jewel through the wine package was 750 ml and others ordered some wine just off the wine list one night and it was only 750 ml. If I remember correctly White Zin was in the $20 to $24 price range + 15% tip. I never saw any 1.5 liter bottles.

Susan :)

I plan to get the 'drink of the day' w/ the keepsake glass my first day onboard...I want one glass to take home.

;)

I just turned 21, so am curious on the menu it's got liquors for 5 bucks... that's a shot correct? So if you wanted to make a rum & coke or something you could order the coke and shot of the rum correct?

No I'd just order a rum and coke or in my case a rum and diet coke :D And make sure you order just the regular size after you get your first glass because if you don't say just a regular you'll be getting multiple souvenoir glasses.

Susan :)

Archived