Rainy Port day

travelgarn

So, we're headed out on the Paradise in the morning to Cozumel. And weather.com is showing 100% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday in Cozumel. It's not looking so good for our Cozumel beach day. What else should we do as Plan B?

DJ

So, we're headed out on the Paradise in the morning to Cozumel. And weather.com is showing 100% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday in Cozumel. It's not looking so good for our Cozumel beach day. What else should we do as Plan B?

DJ

Is it just a 'go ourselves to the beach day'? If it is wait until you get there. The morning we pulled into Cozumel in December the clouds were beyond black but cleared before we ever got off the ship. Weather is as weather does.

Have you been there before? There is shopping aplenty right at the pier and quite a few bars, etc. for fun with minimal to no outside exposure. Weather is beyond our control. If the storms are truly bad just try to enjoy the ship and sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast/lunch, play games, read a good book, have a drink, and just accept it for what it is.

We always check the weather before we go and it is not always right. :rolleyes:

DJ

It rains almost every day this time of year. What is the UV index forecast for that day? Thats also on weather.com. if it shows pretty high, chances are good you wont have all day clouds.

Agreed. Play it by ear. Last time when we were there it was thunder storming when we docked and by the time we got off the ship it was done for the day and it was sunny and hot the rest of the day. It ended up being very muggy and hot because of it, but I don't think in the Caribbean the storms tend to last all day like they do here. Your beach day may still work out for you!

We had booked Mr Sanchos and got off the ship in the pouring rain, whatever, we were going to have our beach day, took the cab over, sat under the huge umbrella on our table and within an hour the sun came out and it was really hot out. What this resulted in was there being about 20 people at the resort that day, our service was really fast, we enjoyed the pool which wasnt croweded and had a great day :D

Rarely does it rain all day, hope you have a good one!

It poured down rain on our visit in January. First, if you don't already have ponchos, Ron Jon actually sold very nice ones that we have been able to reuse for about $6. There is a nice museum downtown, lots of shopping, and, as many are pointing out, storms don't usually last all day.

If it's gong to rain all day. The I seek jimmy buffets advice

"okay"

I really do appreciate the fact you're sittin' here

Your voice sounds so wonderful

But yer face don't look too clear

Bar maid bring a pitcher, another round o' brew

"alright let's here it"

Why (don't we get drunk and screw)

"you're on the record!"

Chorus:

Why don't we get drunk and screw

I just bought a water bed, it's filled up for me and you

They say you are a snuff queen

Honey I don't think that's true

So, why don't we get drunk and screw.

"I can't wait for 'em to put that label on my live album. you're sounding absolutely wonderful out there, but we have invited the all girls choir from lima, ohio down here and we can't here

Too well now. we'd like all of you gentlemen out in the audience to just sorta take a break, sit back and let's let these beautiful women of the nineties tell us how they feel about it. ladies

Ou ready? on the count of four. one, two, three, four."

Chorus:

"whoo yeah!"

I just bought a waterbed it's filled up with elmer's glue."

They say you are a snuff queen

Let's see what all you macho men can do

"oh yeah."

Why don't we get drunk and screw

"I think we better work this out amongst ourselves."

Why don't we get drunk and screw, oooh yeah

We had booked Mr Sanchos and got off the ship in the pouring rain, whatever, we were going to have our beach day, took the cab over, sat under the huge umbrella on our table and within an hour the sun came out and it was really hot out. What this resulted in was there being about 20 people at the resort that day, our service was really fast, we enjoyed the pool which wasnt croweded and had a great day :D

Rarely does it rain all day, hope you have a good one!

Exact thing for us on our cruise a few years back. Still turned out to be a great day.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

We're back! And yall were so right! Beautiful day. We went to Paradise Beach as scheduled. We left around 2pm & a fellow cruise group stayed on & told us at dinner that night that a 10-min rain shower came right after we left. Then the sun came back out & it was beautiful. We shopped a little after we left & only felt a few sprinkles.

Thanks for helping!

DJ