Cruise Care doesn't cover airfare?

I don't need a lot of encouragement to procrastinate. I'm at least going to get started. :eek:

I'll let you know how it turns out -- I'm using the .pdf file -- cruise care v.2 and v.3, plus Sue's recommended insurance website, and hopefully can come up with a plan.

We are not eligible for USAA, so we'll go a different way. I have been putting off doing this for a long time, and RCL is probably doing me a favor by pushing me into buying annual travel and medical policies. But Ill never tell them that. :rolleyes:

Hope your plan is coming along!!!

I found an annual policy. I need to call the company and ask a couple of questions, but not on the holiday weekend! Since our current cruise care does not change until 1/1/15, that is when I thought we would start the annual policy. The only problem is not having the policy in effect when we booked our 2015 and beyond cruises. That may be a problem for pre-existing conditions, so that is one of my questions.

Edited by travelgoddess1

I found an annual policy. I need to call the company and ask a couple of questions, but not on the holiday weekend! Since our current cruise care does not change until 1/1/15, that is when I thought we would start the annual policy. The only problem is not having the policy in effect when we booked our 2015 and beyond cruises. That may be a problem for pre-existing conditions, so that is one of my questions.

Karen, hope you post your info on the annual policy. We also are very interested in the annual policy since we are booking about 12 cruises a year, think we could save a lot of money.

I was just reading the Allianz annual policy and it looks like the look back period for pre-existing conditions starts the day you purchase the policy with look back of 120 days. If that is correct then it wouldn't matter when you booked the cruise.

Carla

Karen, hope you post your info on the annual policy. We also are very interested in the annual policy since we are booking about 12 cruises a year, think we could save a lot of money.

I was just reading the Allianz annual policy and it looks like the look back period for pre-existing conditions starts the day you purchase the policy with look back of 120 days. If that is correct then it wouldn't matter when you booked the cruise.

Carla

Carla, that is the policy we are considering. I am not sure about the look back, however, which is why I have a pending email with them, just to clarify. The quote we were given, I assume for our specific ages, would average out to about $75 per cruise, total, assuming 12 cruises a year. A LOT less than cruise care. If I get the answer I'm looking for, I will probably buy the policy before our December cruises, since we have made final payment up to that point. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Karen, are you going with Allianz Annual? What kind of answers did you get from them? I'm like you, have all my cruises and insurance thru Dec paid. But have several starting Jan that I haven't purchased insurance, so need to make a decision soon.

Does anyone on this forum have the Allianz Annual Travel Policy? Has anyone had to make a claim? If so, did they come thru with payment?

Karen, are you going with Allianz Annual? What kind of answers did you get from them? I'm like you, have all my cruises and insurance thru Dec paid. But have several starting Jan that I haven't purchased insurance, so need to make a decision soon.

Does anyone on this forum have the Allianz Annual Travel Policy? Has anyone had to make a claim? If so, did they come thru with payment?

I haven't heard back yet. ??? I know that Sue and Jim have the policy and like it, but don't know if they ever made a claim. They are in Europe, getting ready to board Legend.