Cruise Care doesn't cover airfare?

Checked on my booking to be sure I added Cruise Care. The RCCL agent informed me that Cruise Care no longer covers airfare. Since, I may be traveling in winter, should I just insure my airfare with the airline or purchase extra travel insurance to cover the cruise and the air?

I may have presumed that my airfare was covered since I used a TA for a few of my other cruise bookings.

Checked on my booking to be sure I added Cruise Care. The RCCL agent informed me that Cruise Care no longer covers airfare. Since, I may be traveling in winter, should I just insure my airfare with the airline or purchase extra travel insurance to cover the cruise and the air?

I may have presumed that my airfare was covered since I used a TA for a few of my other cruise bookings.

You were given correct information. Cruise Care does not cover air that has been independently booked any more.

I always take out 3rd party insurance when booking air independently just as a precautionary measure.

You were given correct information. Cruise Care does not cover air that has been independently booked any more.

I always take out 3rd party insurance when booking air independently just as a precautionary measure.

We are looking at doing this. Can you recommend a place for me to check this out. We have never insured a trip before. This time around we are going in winter so I wont to make sure if something happens we can get our money back. Thanks

Who all has this insurance? Banks? lol I have no clue...state farm...lol:p

We are looking at doing this. Can you recommend a place for me to check this out. We have never insured a trip before. This time around we are going in winter so I wont to make sure if something happens we can get our money back. Thanks

Who all has this insurance? Banks? lol I have no clue...state farm...lol:p

Try these:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

tripinsurancestore.com

When did this change? I will need to start thinking about getting insurance for our airfare for upcoming cruises! ;)

When did this change? I will need to start thinking about getting insurance for our airfare for upcoming cruises! ;)

Apparently the change was a few months ago. I was unaware of the change until reading this thread. I recently had occasion to look at Cruise Care because it is not based on age, but now realize it won't work for us.

CuiseCare terms, conditions and plan sponsors if you booked your cruise on/after June 2, 2014 and you are sailing on/after January 1, 2015.

With this drop in coverage, why would any cruiser purchase trip insurance thru them. When booking in the future, I must evaluate separate trip insurance versus coverage from my Visa Explorer card.

I'm guessing those who drive to the port would not be affected by the reduction in coverage.

With this drop in coverage, why would any cruiser purchase trip insurance thru them. When booking in the future, I must evaluate separate trip insurance versus coverage from my Visa Explorer card.
Not having to buy nonrefundable Insurance at deposit. It still may be cheaper for older folks even after adding separate Airfare coverage. Driving to the port.

Maybe to have your cruise covered?

The cost of Cruise Care is determined by $$$ spent and not on age of passengers.

Edited by cruisenfever

Maybe to have your cruise covered?

The cost of Cruise Care is determined by $$$ spent and not on age of passengers.

I guess I could drop the cruise care and just purchase separate coverage including cruise and airefare. I've used Allianz through the TA.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

I guess I could drop the cruise care and just purchase separate coverage including cruise and airefare. I've used Allianz through the TA.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

When booking air independently, we always use Allianz. Have been very pleased with them.

Apparently the change was a few months ago. I was unaware of the change until reading this thread. I recently had occasion to look at Cruise Care because it is not based on age, but now realize it won't work for us.

Well, Bob, I'd say we were in the same boat...so to speak...that we didn't know about this change....thanks goodness for CC!!!!

We buy Travel Safe because it is primary coverage. Don't have to fool with filing claims on insurance we know will not pay anything for travel (health, homeowner's etc). Last straw was when Allianz wanted us to file with our credit card company, and health insurance before filing with them. Instead of getting paid back in a few weeks it took months to get Allianz to cough up anything.