BEST Lobster at Sabatini's or Crown Grill? On Crown Princess.

drisinger

Another vote for Crown Grill from me. I've sailed the Crown and the Ruby and eaten at both venues on both ships. As some have stated, and I agree, I found the Lobster 3 way in Sabatini's almost inedible.

I've lived in many places from NY (city and upstate), to Boston, to Chicago to Miami, and although you can't compare the lobster tails on board to the freshly caught NE ones straight off the piers, you can certainly get your lobster fix at the Crown Grill. They may not be "as good" but they are certainly delicious!

Just ask your waiter to "keep 'em coming" and they will bring you as many tails as you can possibly eat. ENJOY!:D

Definitely Crown Grill rather than Sabatini's. That being said, I am with Pam. Maine Lobster, fresh. DH and I go further than that. We prefer the tail popped out of the shell and grilled (not boiled not broiled not baked) with a brush or 12 of garlic lemon butter and rich fluffy lemony Hollandaise for dipping when served. Have to be at home to get that!!!

Our experience with the lobster entrée at Sabatini's has been - never again, really close to inedible.

The best lobster we have had on board in the past few years has been at Chef's Tables. On the Canada NE cruises I am a lobster roll slut - every port!

The OP is taking a California Coastal Cruise.

No one is saying freshly caught New England lobster isn't lots better ... but the OP doesn't have that option.

LuLu

I live more than a thousand miles from cold water lobster habitat.

My local fish market can get any sized live lobster I wish.

They will also steam it, and I can pick it up hot and ready to eat.

1000-times better than ANY cruise ship lobster.

I would think this is true anywhere there are restuarants that

serve reasonable sized lobster.

Thank you LuLu!!

You remind I am simply asking while onboard.

My options are certainly different on my own turf and I am as discerning as most with a HUGE appreciation of sweet and succulent lobster!

I am aware, I am aware, I am aware. :cool:

I concur Maine fresh is best. I can go east and get it or have it flown in.

I am aware.

I do happen to be asking about the Crown Princess and two specialty dining options I have OBC for, LOTS and LOTS of OBC!

(This Speciality Dining is for my mom and I, so I don't think I like the balcony dining lobster option too much. Looks a bit romantic and something I'll save for cruising with husband).

Anyway, I would not think fresh to be an option on board. It's one of those things, like all seafood, catch it and eat it. Certainly the BEST option!

When having enough on hand for thousands though, I would expect frozen.

I can LIVE with frozen defrosted.

I can ENJOY frozen defrosted.

I can LOVE frozen defrosted, especially when properly prepared and served with plenty of quality clarified butter and lemon!!

Yup, that would be just fine with me. ;)

So Crown Grille it is!

Thanks for all of your wonderful input! :)

I have never eaten in the Crown Grill, but twice I have eaten at Sabatini's and had the Lobster. The first time it was the best meal I could remember having in my life. I wanted to take a large portion of the lobster risotto back to my room to keep in my refrigerator (I know this is not realistic, but that is how much I loved the dish). The Lobster tails were wonderful also.

The second time it was still delicious, but not up to that same level. One of the tails had a sauce on it that I washed off with a few spoons of water. Once I had used butter on this second tail it was good.

The balcony dinning or the chefs table I would say have the best lobster. Crown Grill is next. If you like it done in a sauce you may like Sabatini's 3 way. Most people don't like it cooked that way. my dw has had it there and really liked it. It wasn't over cooked, but the sauce made it very rich and filling. I tried hers and it was really good but not the way I like it done. I've had the steak in sabatini's and it was better then the Crown on our last cruise. It really depends who is at the other end. We've had meals not up to par in both places. The chefs are always changing and that makes the biggest difference sometimes.