BEST Lobster at Sabatini's or Crown Grill? On Crown Princess.

drisinger

I'm sailing on The Crown Princess, Sept 27th!! So excited!

Lobster is number one with me! We will be dining both restaurants (Sabatini's and Crown Grille) and I was under the impression The Crown Grill was the place for amazing seafood, specifically lobster, so this is where I figured to get my wonderful lobster tail.

I would like to go overboard on lobster just one evening only! (Little play with words)!

I'm now informed by an inside source the best, hands down, was at Sabatini's!!

So now I'm confused! :confused:

Lobster at Sabatini's... Lobster at Crown Grill...Lobster at Sabatini's... Lobster at Crown Grill?????

I am LOVING this dilema, better than most dilemas I've had lately. :cool:

Anyone have their 2 cents to throw in on BEST LOBSTER from these two venues? Anyone tried both??

Thanks for your input! :)

Can't authoritatively speak to the Crown Grill on the Crown Princess, but, the lobster in the Crown Grill on the Ruby was excellent. My wife liked it and she is from Maine. (She did prefer the fillet mignon, though.)

Solution to your dilemma, try the lobster in both venues. :cool:

Crown Grill. The Lobster 3 ways at Sabatini's is usually overcooked.
I guess the Crown Grill although I never order lobster on a cruise ship unless it's fresh. The Lobster 3 Ways in Sabatini's on the Sapphire was awful... rubbery, tasteless and unforgettably bad.

I think if you want the best supply of Lobster.....take a New England/Canada cruise and have it almost every day. I went last fall and that was my goal....I succeeded and didn't have it once on the ship.......and it was wonderful.....:) :) licking my chops just thinking about it.....and we have King Crab up here.....Good....but not Maine....:) or Nova Scotia, or New Brunswick...:)

Noted! Crown Grille it will be.

Lobster in the Crown Grill is better IMHO. Having said that, don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

We've kinda' given up on the lobster on Princess. Living in New England, we know what good lobster is and Princess just doesn't serve good lobster anywhere onboard.

You'd be much better going out for a nice lobster dinner sometime. Lobster in any shoreside restaurant has got to be a lot better than what they serve us onboard.

Lew

Last Fall we were on the Caribbean Princess in NE/Canada. We were in search of the perfect lobster roll so we ate lobster on and off the ship every day. Believe it or not we were disappointed with the lobster both on and off the ship - it just didn't taste fresh, sweet or rich, the way lobster should taste! (especially in NE) Now that said, we were on the Crown Princess in February in the Southern Caribbean. We weren't even going to bother with the lobster, but our waiter in the Crown Grill brought us a plate to share along with our steaks - it was wonderful lobster! Later in the week we also had it at Sabatini's and it was also good there. I would give the slight nod to Crown Grill though.

Last Fall we were on the Caribbean Princess in NE/Canada. We were in search of the perfect lobster roll so we ate lobster on and off the ship every day. Believe it or not we were disappointed with the lobster both on and off the ship - it just didn't taste fresh, sweet or rich, the way lobster should taste! (especially in NE) Now that said, we were on the Crown Princess in February in the Southern Caribbean. We weren't even going to bother with the lobster, but our waiter in the Crown Grill brought us a plate to share along with our steaks - it was wonderful lobster! Later in the week we also had it at Sabatini's and it was also good there. I would give the slight nod to Crown Grill though.

My DW & I were also on the Caribbean Princess last Oct. in NE/Canada and while we didn't partake of Lobster on-board, we did in NYC & Bar Harbor! NYC was at the "City Lobster & Steakhouse" where we had oysters Rockefeller (wonderful) ;) and the Lobster stuffed with crabmeat. This was a 1 ¼ lbs. lobster and was really good.

But the best was yet to come! While in Bar Harbor we took advantage of being in Maine to have a fresh caught Maine Lobster at Testa’s Restaurant. We had their “Early Bird Special” which included: an appetizer of Black & Green Olive Tapenade with fresh rolls, a Bowl of New England Chowder, a 1 ¼ lbs. Lobster and a piece of Wild Maine Blueberry Pie with Ice Cream! The lobsters were cooked to absolute perfection. :eek::eek: (We are now spoiled and obviously will compare all future efforts to this)

I guess the Crown Grill although I never order lobster on a cruise ship unless it's fresh. The Lobster 3 Ways in Sabatini's on the Sapphire was awful... rubbery, tasteless and unforgettably bad.

Lobster in the Crown Grill is better IMHO. Having said that, don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

We've kinda' given up on the lobster on Princess. Living in New England, we know what good lobster is and Princess just doesn't serve good lobster anywhere onboard.

You'd be much better going out for a nice lobster dinner sometime. Lobster in any shoreside restaurant has got to be a lot better than what they serve us onboard.

Lew

I confess to being a lobster slut myself. It needs to be cold water lobster from New England or eastern Canada, fresh not frozen, not overcooked. I do remember having lobster at one of my Chefs Table that was excellent though.

Edited by Carolyn R

Hi All

In the past l would have said Crown Grill

But the lobster at Sabatinis on the Ruby was quite good even dining room lobster was better than we have had in the past.

OK mass produced etc but good enough to ask for more.

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

The only good lobster is one just out of the water in a lobster pound in Maine. Anything else pales by comparison.
No difference between Maine lobsters and those caught off the coast of MA north of Cape Cod, NH and Canada. Lobsters don't know anything about state lines. :)

No one is saying freshly caught New England lobster isn't lots better ... but the OP doesn't have that option.

LuLu

I live more than a thousand miles from cold water lobster habitat.

My local fish market can get any sized live lobster I wish.

They will also steam it, and I can pick it up hot and ready to eat.

1000-times better than ANY cruise ship lobster.

I would think this is true anywhere there are restuarants that

serve reasonable sized lobster.

No difference between Maine lobsters and those caught off the coast of MA north of Cape Cod, NH and Canada. Lobsters don't know anything about state lines. :)

Any lobsterman will tell you that colder water produces sweeter lobster. Maine's waters remain very cold even in summer, moreso than more southern New England states, producing very sweet lobster.