Private car transportation from/to LHR

kathy16

We are staying at London Park Plaza County Hall in 2 weeks, and I am looking for private transportation on a Saturday afternoon from LHR, and very early Tuesday morning transport to LHR. . I have also read Trip Advisor critiques , and I am confused about choosing a reliable, but reasonably priced service for 2 passengers. Any recommendations- I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Kathy

I did do a search and most of the info related to transport to Southampton. I wondered if there was more recent recommendations about the route I need. I did see several suggestions for Blackberry, as well as several very critical reviews.

I always appreciate the help I have gotten from CC in the past, and value the knowledgeable posters who help me out.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hello Kathy,

We are using British Cruise Transfers to go from Heathrow to our County Hall area hotel for about 40GBP. Best price I could find for two people to go via private transport. Check the website and then "join" for a further discount.

I do not recommend British cruise transfer based on one driver we had and their poor handling of our complaint. Driver was 45 minutes late, rude, drove 90 mph, and even stopped for gas.

Our other 2 rides with them were ok, but I won't return or recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks- I am still trying to find a good service. The last one we used was quite late coming to pick us up, and since our flight leaves at 6:30 am, I need a car service that I can rely on to pick us up at hotel very early.

Kathy

Thanks- I am still trying to find a good service. The last one we used was quite late coming to pick us up, and since our flight leaves at 6:30 am, I need a car service that I can rely on to pick us up at hotel very early.

Kathy

We used just airports both ways. We stayed at a flat near the Lambeth bridge. The company picked us up in front of that flat at 0430

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Kathy, could you perhaps email your hotel and ask if they can recommend a transfer company?

I have often had my hotel arrange a taxi - hotels have companies on their books and will know who is reliable or not. Just a thought.

Edited by Scriv

Kathy16,

We are in a similar situation requiring the same transfer from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall and return (but for 6 people) for October. I am having difficulty finding a company that I feel confident using as well.

I have read wonderful reviews for my transfers and and private tour bookings in Spain, France and Italy and booked accordingly. London is a puzzle though. There must be a cruise critic member who can recommend a private airport transfer company?

Please update with the company you book and your airport transfer experience. It will be much appreciated!

I have read wonderful reviews for my transfers and and private tour bookings in Spain, France and Italy and booked accordingly. London is a puzzle though. There must be a cruise critic member who can recommend a private airport transfer company?
I think that there have been many members who have made recommendations.

I highly recommend Hummingbird Cars. Reasonably priced and excellent service. Driver met us at LHR with sign, helped with luggage, and drove us directly to our London B&B. On our return trip, driver was parked in front a good 20 minutes before scheduled. We've used them twice now and plan on again next June.

Thanks for the update Kathy16.

Just airports lists their largest MPV as holding 5 passengers. As we need transfer for 6, I am going to try Simply Airports. Hopefully we both have good experiences with these 2 companies :)

Would appreciate you thoughts on Park Plaza County Hall as well, especially the sofa bed, as we will be staying there with children in October.

Have a wonderful vacation!