'Secret' places on Silhouette

caribophile

I noticed a couple of mentions of the relaxation room on deck 11. Isn't that one of the AQ perks? I was told it was for guests waiting for services and AQ only.

I think this is technically correct and it is listed on the description of Aquaclass cabins on Celebrity's web site as an Aquaclass amenity (see the first item listed under amenities here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-aqua-class-stateroom) While I've never spent much time there the couple times I have the area has been mostly empty and there's never been anyone checking seapasses or any other credential of anyone going in. So I'm not sure if it is actually open to all as a matter of policy or if they just don't enforce any policy restricting guests.

The Relaxation Room on the Penthouse Deck is definitely open to anyone. It *is* in the spa area and it *is* where they put the people waiting for a spa treatment, but it is probably my favorite place on the ship when I want to cross stitch or read in peace. There is fresh citrus slice infused water available, coffee, and lovely padded loungers overlooking the big windows on the front of the ship.

People tend to use whispers and there are never more than two people waiting for a spa treatment. Usually only about two or three others enjoying the peace and quiet.

Same basic view as the Sky Lounge.

The Hideaway on Deck 7, (deck plans call it Team Earth). Lots of comfy chairs and a coffee machine from 9a-9p (or so). EM

My thoughts exactly, but if you are going in the school holidays you may find it 'taken over' by teenagers. :rolleyes:

Been in AQ lots of times and always enjoyed the Relaxation Room. Not in AQ on my next cruise, so happy that I can still go there. If I get into trouble, I'm blaming my CC buddies. ;)

We'll be on the Silhouette TA shortly; the Relaxation Room looks lovely. We aren't AQ, so it will be interesting to see if we can really use it. And yes, we'll blame our CC friends if it's a problem! :)

We'll be on the Silhouette TA shortly; the Relaxation Room looks lovely. We aren't AQ, so it will be interesting to see if we can really use it. And yes, we'll blame our CC friends if it's a problem! :)

I wouldn't worry about it...

...unless the secret gets out and it gets busy.

Hahaha! One cruise I was told I couldn't exchange the bottle of wine and I thought, what the heck, and was like really? Cuz on CC several ppl said they had no prob. Suddenly the manager was over and we told him same thing and then we could... Which was what we had read on here... And we did upcharge to more expensive than what was given to us...so they still made out. So it never hurts to mention CC.

We are with you on that TA, so we will be in there together. I guess all they can do is ask us to leave. :cool:

• 4 months later...