'Secret' places on Silhouette

caribophile

I really enjoy thoroughly exploring a ship that is new to me (first time on Silhouette this December), and especially appreciate getting away from the crowds. Any secret places on this beautiful ship that you've discovered?

I promise not to tell anyone else! ;)

This question gets asked often and always cracks me up. In a confined space with 3000 guests, there really are not ANY private places. But here are a few less populated spots

1) All the way forward on Decks 15/16. No services, no waiters, but nice loungers and usually easy to find a free one. Take the stairs up from the pool deck.

2) All the way aft around the lawn on 15, comfy chairs with footstools, but often they're all taken. VERY populated around cocktail time though

3) The curtained beds in the Solarium and on the forward ends of the pool deck--hard to snag one

4) The library area midship on 7 and 8--some fun little seating places there and there's a self-serve coffee/tea bar

5) Surprisingly, the Passport Bar across from Guest Relations on 3; least popular bar on the ship

Edited by CathyCruises

Agree with the others... Not too many places to hide / escape to on an S-Class Ship with about 5000 aboard (Pax & Crew).

Here are some of our fave venues tho that we discovered on The Solstice:

SOLSTICE DECK (16) - The Sun Deck is almost always empty... Good place to catch the Sunrise from... A photographers fave

LAWN DECK (15) - Lawn & Sunset Bar areas... Best views for Sailaway (not a secret... So can be busy). Cool to hang out on the lawn in the morning & aft. Very empty on Port Days.

Be aware tho that Sunset Bar is a smoking area (Port Side... And usually the only spot for Cigar Smokers onboard)

LIDO DECK (14) - Sky Observation Lounge is never busy during the daytime unless the venue is being used for an event. Great views while being inside. Popular with readers.

Not sure if there is a "nook" in the hallway on the Silhouette like there is on the Solstice (near the fore elevators outside the Sky Lounge) but if so, this is also a nice spot to sit and relax. Somewhat private... Except for the "ding" from the Elevators when someone comes or goes on this floor.

Oceanview Cafe Backdeck - one floor (staircase right there) below the Sunset Bar (they have their own bar too). Great spot to see the world. Busy at Sailaway and At Sea Days... Nice choice while in Port. Or if you are a "straggler" looking to catch some last rays on D-Day. Also an interesting spot late nights to sit with a coffee (true of most outdoor areas).

RESORT DECK (12) - Persian Garden (Aqua Class or a fee) - Spa Veranda (free) - Getting a Spa / Salon Treatment (fee) - or hanging out in the Solarium (Adults only)

PENTHOUSE DECK (11) - Relaxation Lounge (free) - and the Secret Staircase. Interesting... But not really a big deal

SKY DECK (10) - Library... Sometimes empty, sometimes busy

PANORAMA DECK (9) - Card Room... Also hit or miss

ENTERTAINMENT DECK (5) - Lots of the venues and surrounding areas fore of the Midship Elevators are quiet during the daytime, especially on Port Days.

Port Side under the lifeboats here is a big Smokers hangout. Starboard often quiet... And there are deck chairs.

PLAZA DECK (3) - Passport Bar is probably the least visited bar on the whole ship. It is a great spot for a drink when coming back onboard at the end of a day ashore. And they have a menu with cool cocktails. Also a good spot for a before dinner cocktail (not busy like the Martini or Molecular Bar)... Or to meet fiends for a late nightcap... Quiet enough to hold a convo.

OTHER - And your own Room & Balcony (if you have one). We felt the S-Class Cabins were beautiful... So sometimes we would just hang out in ours for an hour or too on Sea Days. Or linger in the morning over Breakfast from Room Service enjoyed on the balcony.

Oh gosh... Now you really got me missing the Solstice.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Best is to explore each deck walking around thru all the halls and doors that are accessible to the public. Then go up and down each stair well. After doing that you will have found any that are there.

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I second the advice to just go and explore. When we were on the Eclipse (our first S-class ship), we'd marvel at stumbling unexpectedly on some quiet nook. Like a little two-seater just inside the sliding doors near the lawn on the starboard side. (I hope I'm remembering the correct deck.) Took refuge in there when it started to pour during a sailaway, and it was wonderful. Just us.

This question gets asked often and always cracks me up. In a confined space with 3000 guests, there really are not ANY private places. But here are a few less populated spots

1) All the way forward on Decks 15/16. No services, no waiters, but nice loungers and usually easy to find a free one. Take the stairs up from the pool deck.

2) All the way aft around the lawn on 15, comfy chairs with footstools, but often they're all taken. VERY populated around cocktail time though

3) The curtained beds in the Solarium and on the forward ends of the pool deck--hard to snag one

4) The library area midship on 7 and 8--some fun little seating places there and there's a self-serve coffee/tea bar

5) Surprisingly, the Passport Bar across from Guest Relations on 3; least popular bar on the ship

Is the "library" the area called "The Hideaway," with funky pod seating and some sort of "nest" coming out of the ceiling?

Celebrity-Silhouette-Hamburg-Germany-2011-35.jpg

That's the one on deck 13, right?

Lol @ Deck 13. :D. That isn't the Secret Staircase... That would be the invisible one.

Secret Staircase is actually on Deck 11 where the Aqua Class Cabins are and connects directly to The Spa on Deck 12. Nice way for the Aqua Folks to move around easily in their Robes without feeling too self conscious / out in public areas of the ship.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Secret places: Deck 13

No one is ever there!

Actually, they do get up there. However they disappear into a black hole and are never seen again.

Also, remember as in Hogwarts, stairs and passageways tend to rearrange themselves so if you find a secret area once, you may not be able to find it again.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I noticed a couple of mentions of the relaxation room on deck 11. Isn't that one of the AQ perks? I was told it was for guests waiting for services and AQ only.

The Spa Relaxation Room is open & available to everyone (regular seating). Persian Gardens (heated tiled seating) access is one of the perks of Aqua, or a day pass / week pass can be bought at the Spa.

I will look around to see if I cannot find some pics so you can actually SEE the differences.

*** PHOTO LINKS ***

Silhouette - Relaxation Room (views to front of ship) = http://home.comcast.net/~pmccullough/cruise/Silhouette%2012/Relaxation%20Room.JPG

Silhouette - Persian Garden (views to side of ship) = http://www.holidaycheck.de/data/urlaubsbilder/mittel/41/1159015573.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit to add photo links