Hotel in Rome pre cruise

Chris

We love small family run Hotel Pomezia near Campo de Fiori. Within easy walking distance. St Peters, Castel de St Angelo, Trevi fountain, Pantheon,Piazza Navona, Campo Fiori, Piazza Farnesse. Book direct on line via hotel website to avoid paying middleman commissions.

Your price range?

More expensive, but cannot beat Albergo del Senato. Slightly less expensive: Albergo Cesari.

Still less expensive: Hotel Smeraldo (near Campo di Fiori) or Hotel Nerva (near Forum & Colosseum).

Totally concur on Albergo del Senato. We have considered Albergo Cesari as a less expensive alternative but in the end we always end up at Albergo Del Senato. It is located right next to the Pantheon and the view of the Pantheon from the rooftop bar at night is amazing.

We twice have stayed at Hotel Smeraldo near Campo di'Fiori and the transportation hub of Largo Argentina. Great place for "Old Rome" exploration at night, close to Pantheon and Piazza Navona. Very reasonably priced with small elevator and rooftop terrace.

Edited by CintiPam

Hi,

I would like to get a recommendation on an overnight accommodation in Rome prior to our cruise. We will arrive in Rome at Noon. I would like to take train to the port. Should we go directly to port or should we stay at Rome? If we stay at Rome, should we find a place near Termini so we can get on the train to the port next day. Any hotel recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Ann

Hi,

I would like to get a recommendation on an overnight accommodation in Rome prior to our cruise. We will arrive in Rome at Noon. I would like to take train to the port. Should we go directly to port or should we stay at Rome? If we stay at Rome, should we find a place near Termini so we can get on the train to the port next day. Any hotel recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Ann

Have you been to Rome before? If not, I would definitely stay there at least for the limited time you have.

To get the most out of your visit, I recommend staying somewhere in the historic center, near the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. You can then take a cab to Termini for about 10 euros. The area around the train station is less desirable and not nearly as nice for enjoying a great dinner and a nighttime stroll.

If you check venere dot com, you can mark the areas you prefer and see what hotels are available for your dates.

Have you been to Rome before? If not, I would definitely stay there at least for the limited time you have.

To get the most out of your visit, I recommend staying somewhere in the historic center, near the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. You can then take a cab to Termini for about 10 euros. The area around the train station is less desirable and not nearly as nice for enjoying a great dinner and a nighttime stroll.

If you check venere dot com, you can mark the areas you prefer and see what hotels are available for your dates.

We will have 4 days at Rome post Cruise. Should we stay at the port? I thought Rome would be better - get a taste of Rome first. :-)

Thank you!

We will have 4 days at Rome post Cruise. Should we stay at the port? I thought Rome would be better - get a taste of Rome first. :-)

Thank you!

We stayed in Civi for one night pre-cruise and Rome for 4 nights post cruise. I liked this because after flying from Seattle i just needed some dinner and a bed for the night. Then after the 11 night cruise we were in great shape to hit Rome at full speed. And we rented an apartment near Campo Di Fiori. Loved the location.

Edited by softail

Just getting information off the boards and am happy to say I booked Albergo Cesari for our three nights post cruise next June based upon suggestions here. The ratings on Trip Advisor are excellent too! Already they seem detail oriented, helpful and quick to respond. The price is reasonable too.

Thanks!

Edited by flrose

We just returned from the Eastern Mediterranean cruise and stayed prior to sailing at the Best Western Spring House. It was a short walk to the Vatican.

Staying a day after the cruise at the Hotel Rex (an authentic Italian hotel) which was 10-15 min. walk to the Colosseum.

I would highly recommend both and the price was very reasonable.