Allure/Oasis cabin preference--GS or Crown Loft?

barb in ga

The website doesn't show me a layout of the CL; I have stayed in a GS, so I'm familiar with that cabin.

Can someone comment on the differences, especially the bathroom and living areas?

If they aren't too different in price, which would you choose?

Thanks for the input,

Barb

We stay in a GS on every cruise. The CL is two levels with stairs to climb to go from the bedroom down to the seating area. Also, they are all located on deck 17 which is a long way from everything except the Windjammer.

The GS, on the other hand, is centrally located near the aft elevator bank on all cabin decks. There are 4 on each deck, with deck 8 being our favorite due to the proximity to Central Park. Another optimal deck would be deck 11 wwhich would put them near to the Concierge Lounge. Note there are reports that the Concierge Lounge is to be moved to deck 17 as part of the Viklng Crown Lounge during the drydock of Oasis.

We stay in a GS on every cruise. The CL is two levels with stairs to climb to go from the bedroom down to the seating area. Also, they are all located on deck 17 which is a long way from everything except the Windjammer.

The GS, on the other hand, is centrally located near the aft elevator bank on all cabin decks. There are 4 on each deck, with deck 8 being our favorite due to the proximity to Central Park. Another optimal deck would be deck 11 wwhich would put them near to the Concierge Lounge. Note there are reports that the Concierge Lounge is to be moved to deck 17 as part of the Viklng Crown Lounge during the drydock of Oasis.

Hypo, deck 17 is also close to the pool deck, and VCL for now.

Side note, I see you are from Russellville. I have been there 4 times for work. A nice community. My favourite eating spot, Dixie Cafe, as we have nothing like that in Canada. I always wanted to go to Whata Burger, but I never got there. The place I would go to was west of Centerville a few miles.

We've stayed in both. The bathrooms in the CL don't have as much storage space as the GS bathroom does (none of the little hidden corner shelves in the CL bathrooms and counter space is very small). There is a vanity across from the upstairs bathroom that is nice so counter space isn't missed too much. There is still plenty of closet space in both. I'd pick the CL if the price wasn't too much difference. We loved the quiet hallway and I don't remember there being a problem getting elevators from the 17th floor.

Hypo, deck 17 is also close to the pool deck, and VCL for now.

Side note, I see you are from Russellville. I have been there 4 times for work. A nice community. My favourite eating spot, Dixie Cafe, as we have nothing like that in Canada. I always wanted to go to Whata Burger, but I never got there. The place I would go to was west of Centerville a few miles.

If you were here for work, was it perchance at the nuclear plant?

I am a retired Shift Operation's Supervisor from there.

Whattaburger is pretty good, but try CJ's Burgers (they are just north of the interstate at exit 81). Big burgers, with fried onions on them. Mmmmmm

Mark

Edited by Hypo

If you were here for work, was it perchance at the nuclear plant?

I am a retired Shift Operation's Supervisor from there.

Whattaburger is pretty good, but try CJ's Burgers (they are just north of the interstate at exit 81). Big burgers, with fried onions on them. Mmmmmm

Mark

No, work was for a cattle sale, but I did see the plant in the distance when crossing the river at Dardanelle.

I always stayed at the Hampton Inn when in town. If I ever go back I will have to check out your suggestions. Congrats on retirement, now you have more time for cruising. :)

The website doesn't show me a layout of the CL; I have stayed in a GS, so I'm familiar with that cabin.

Can someone comment on the differences, especially the bathroom and living areas?

If they aren't too different in price, which would you choose?

Thanks for the input,

Barb

I have been in a CL on both Oasis and Allure. Have not been in a GS.

The CL is good for 3 or 4. The extra bathroom and privacy is a big plus.

The upper level bathroom doesn't have a lot of shelf storage. The bath doesn't

have a tub but a large walk-in shower with a rain shower feature.

Very nice. King sized bed, tv and ample closet space with a vanity area.

The lower level has a full sized sleeper which is comfortable. In

addition there is a large wall mounted flat screen TV, and dining table

that is moveable.

Cabins are located aft, so deck 17 is only accessible from the aft elevators.

Close to the Windjammer, sports and pool decks and Viking Crown Lounge.

Never found the location to be inconvenient. Aft elevators take you to the

Boardwalk (deck 6), Promenade (deck 5), and Dining rooms (Decks 3,4,5).

Depending on elevator traffic, it might take a few minutes longer.

If you take the forward elevators, they stop at Deck 16 and you have to

walk across the ship. Never really mattered to me since at some point,

to get to the place I wanted to go I had to walk forward or aft.

Unless you really need to be in a specific location all the time, the CL

location is pretty moot.

If the price is within your circumstances, and you have more than 2 in the

cabin, I would go for the CL. Otherwise, stay I would stay with a GS.

Having stayed twice in a CL, and loved it both times.

In addition to what is previously posted, we found on the Allure sailings that once we were done with lunch we were able to get in our cabin by 12pm. The security glass doors were open.

Loved the space, and the table for breakfast in the cabin.

It really was nice being away from the Long corridors and having elevator banks empty to board on the 17th floor.

Loved the area and privacy.

Loved the extra room.

The loft bedroom is awesome.

The upstairs shower is very large :D,

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss