Gratuities on back to back cruises

Medicalley

We're going on our first back to back this week. I am wondering how people manage gratuities. We are MTD so have pre-paid gratuities. I'm thinking more about extras for cabin attendant and waiters, plus the servers and concierge in the Diamond lounge. Do you give them something at the end of each cruise or save it until you're disembarking? Thanks for any suggestions :D

We're going on our first back to back this week. I am wondering how people manage gratuities. We are MTD so have pre-paid gratuities. I'm thinking more about extras for cabin attendant and waiters, plus the servers and concierge in the Diamond lounge. Do you give them something at the end of each cruise or save it until you're disembarking? Thanks for any suggestions :D

it is up to you to give a little extra if you so wish. it seems we have this discussion every week on wether to give or not to give. we always give a little extra. so the choice is yours and yours alone.

I don't stress over these things because the cruise line figured it all out for me. I leave the auto tips intact and am finished, no worries. RCL has figured out what is fair and done all the math for us so why worry.

I don't see OP is stressed or worried - just asking the question regarding the logistics of a back-to-back cruise, and is more so concerned about the tips for the DL servers or those who may not be serving them the following week. Very considerate, if you ask me. :)

Hi there,

Our most recent RCI cruise was a B2B on Serenade so I understand your concern. Regarding the servers in the DL, they may have a different assignment the next week so I suggest tipping at the end of each week so you don't miss them. For the MTD servers, I would tip extra at the end of each week (same reason), but if you have the same cabin attendant and you know s/he is going to be with you for the second week, you can tip as you desire regarding that.

Enjoy your cruises! Nothing like a B2B - love turnaround day - it's got a great vibe to it. :D

We've done quite a few back to backs and always treat them as separate cruises when it comes to tipping. We usually have the same room steward but on our last B2B our 1st week steward was leaving for vacation at the end of the week and we had a new one the second week. Also we've had different tables in the MDR and different staff even if we didn't change tables, and the bartenders rotate stations so your favorite from week 1 may be at a different bar for week 2.

Treat it as a totally separate cruise.

We met people on the cruise who were doing a back to back, and the last night they were tipping people. Had to tip their favorite server that night, because she was being moved to the crew bar and wouldn't be working with the public at all. If he'd waited, he wouldn't have seen her to tip her.

Seeing that crew member contracts expire at all different times, it is totally possible that so of the ppl that you had on the 1st week could be leaving the ship in-between cruises so I think handling things at the end of each cruise is the best way to make sure the ones you want to give extra to actually get it....

Seeing that crew member contracts expire at all different times, it is totally possible that so of the ppl that you had on the 1st week could be leaving the ship in-between cruises so I think handling things at the end of each cruise is the best way to make sure the ones you want to give extra to actually get it....

good advice