When Is Final Payment Date

trubey

:confused: Can anyone tell me how to know the exact date for final payment? I know my travel agent said they want a week or two leeway. I'd like to know as I want to see if my scheduled cruise suddenly has more cabins available. susana.

Sorry to bother you all. I just found the date on my confirmation paperwork. And Jim, you were right, it was 75 days. susana.

Ahhhhrrrrgh ... thanks for reminding me. My final payment is coming up mid-October for my Hawaii/South Pacific cruise. Now, I just gotta figure out where to lay my hands on a couple of grand. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

It's generally 75 days prior to sailing.

Have heard the 75 day final stated so often, however we always seem to get a 90 day Final..We always book outside cabins..

Booked directly with HAL for the Prinsendam April 26,2006 & HAL gave us a final of Jan 26, 2006...Our transatlantic Westerdam Nov11, 2004 the Travel Agent gave a final of Aug 10, 2004..We're booked on another Cruise Nov. 5,2005 & the same agent gave us a final of Aug. 5, 2005..All of these are/were 17-24 days in length..

Is it possible that only Suite Psgrs get a 75 day or is it only the Caribbean & Alaska cruises they give a 75 day? Or do the longer cruises have a 90 day? CRS prevents me from remembering what our deadlines were before last year:confused: ...DH just said that we've been on 5 Caribbean Cruises (he's taking all our pictures & puting them on disk-working on this project for 5 years) but he doesn't remember the final dates either.. On an NCL March cruise many years ago they asked for final before Christmas..I requested an extension until Jan 15 & got it.

Really doesn't matter if it's 75 or 90..Just curious about the inconsistancy; maybe some of the Travel Agents here can explain it...They say curiosity killed the cat..;)

Happy sailing everyone..:)

Sorry no more dead cat jokes! Your cat is beautiful..Had 2 orange tabby's before my present DH & I married, but unfortunately he is very allergic to cats..Had to give them to my ex..Now have our little Wire-Haired Dachshund that doesn't shed..Also have a fish pond, but it was not the Cats that were getting the fish, but the Herons..My DH screened it in & now the Herons have to fish in the Canal..

Happy Cruising :)

I just did a "pretend" booking on the 2006 Grand world Voyage. The final payment would be due on Oct 7, 2005 for a Jan 5, 2006 departure.... 90 days.

someone else want to check out 7 day cruises and see if it is different/

I think the key to when final payment is due rests on two factors:

#1 -- how long is the cruise? Longer cruises to exotic places seem to require a longer lead time on final pay -- cruise line wants to know with enough time still ahead to do something to fill unused cabins

#2 -- time of year -- our Christmas cruises always seem to want a 90 day final pay rather than a 75 day final pay because of the demand at that time of year -- cruise line wants plenty of warning so that they can fill the ship

I just did a "pretend" booking on the 2006 Grand world Voyage. The final payment would be due on Oct 7, 2005 for a Jan 5, 2006 departure.... 90 days.

someone else want to check out 7 day cruises and see if it is different/

OK, I just did... 7 day in Jan 2006, final payment 75 days prior

"Curiosity killed the cat", but "Satisfaction brought it back" so thanks for all your answers, which do make sense..

But Grumpy, It must have killed you to do a "Pretend booking"..I know I would feel cheated when I had to cancel it..

Agreed, no more dead cat, dead fish, dead horses or dead anything (except spiders & snakes) jokes;) .. Happy Crruising everyone..:)

The fine print in HAL's document's says that deposit is due with in 5 days of booking and final payment is due 75 days before scheduled departure. This is the same no matter the length or cost of a cruise. The only cruise that I am aware of which is different is the entire world cruise where a second deposit is due sometime after booking. For my upcoming 62 day cruise final payment was due 75 days before departure and no second deposit. The deposit for the lenghter cruise is more than the standard $500 on the shorter cruise's. In my case the deposit was $3000 per person within 5 days of booking. The deposit maybe more depending on the cost of the cruise.

The fine print in HAL's document's says that deposit is due with in 5 days of booking and final payment is due 75 days before scheduled departure. This is the same no matter the length or cost of a cruise. The only cruise that I am aware of which is different is the entire world cruise where a second deposit is due sometime after booking. For my upcoming 62 day cruise final payment was due 75 days before departure and no second deposit. The deposit for the lenghter cruise is more than the standard $500 on the shorter cruise's. In my case the deposit was $3000 per person within 5 days of booking. The deposit maybe more depending on the cost of the cruise.

Sorry but your documents do not read the same as ours..:confused: Our two page invoice dated 4/15/05 from HAL states "Balance due by 1/26/06" for our 25 day Amazon cruise on the "Prinsendam" departing April 26, 2006..That date was also verbally confirmed by the HAL Rep. & is the final payment date that Grumpy just found...We too gave HAL only one deposit & there is no 2nd deposit needed.. There is no Fine Print on our invoice indicating a different time limit..

Did you book with a travel agent, that was able to get a 75 day deposit for you? Or can you tell us what the document is that you are quoting?

Also, just double checked our Westerdam invoice from last year & it also stated "Balance due by 8/10/05" (which was 90 days) for an 11/09/05 departure..

Happy cruising everyone..:)

Did you book with a travel agent, that was able to get a 75 day deposit for you? Or can you tell us what the document is that you are quoting?

Happy cruising everyone..:)

In the back of most, but not all Holland America catalog's there is a page labeled "details, details, details" on this page is the Fine Print. In the section labeled "Deposit and Final Payment Requirements" it spells out what I stated earlier. "Final payment is due no later than 75 days prior to departure".

Bruceh..Thanks for that info..Obviously HAL has not updated their details page in quite a long time or if it was updated does not adhere to their stated policy in their brochures...

HAL'S "2006 Europe Cruises" brochure reads differently than the one you are quoting from..

"Final Payment is due no later than 75 days (90 days for cruises 34 days or longer) prior to departure"

Obviously both of our invoices are different than HaL's published policy..Our final payment should be 75 days & your's 90 days..:confused:

Obviously they are not adhereing to their bruchure published policy..If they don't adhere to the payment policy how can we be sure that they will adhere to their published cancellation policy...My invoice only says "Cancellation Policy applies" We don't have to worry because we purchased insurance on "insuremy trip.com" ..

Also wonder if HAL's brochure statements are considered legal documents, or are they subject to change? I know invoices & tickets are legal documents..Maybe some of our experienced legal buffs, can give us an answer...Could they have different published policies for differnt brochures..

Happy cruising..:)

I got the following e-mail today. I appreciated their letting me know. Do most ta's do this?

Lane,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be making final payment ($xxxx.xx) for your cruise tomorrow, Wednesday, 24 August. I will use the same credit card (ending in xxxx) that we used to make the deposit, unless I hear otherwise from you.

Hope you’re having a great summer.

Xxxxx

Xxxxx Xxxxx

xxx.com

Direct Phone +1 xxx-xxx-xxxx

Main Phone +1 xxx-xxx-xxxx

susana.

Trubey..Don't know about most TA, as we normally book directly with the cruise line or through an agency that has group space & good fares..Have used this agent for years & they will take our CC only after we FAX/Mail the authorization to them..They also offer a nice shipboard credit (from the TA not the Cruise Line), if we pay by check..

Have paid our final payment & expecting a 4 LB Package from the TA to arrive tomorrow..

Happy Cruising..:)

P.S..Your Cat is beautiful.:) .What's her/his name..Lost my first Orange Tabby that took us 2 months to wean off the streets..She was so sick & "Camile" only lived for three months..I vowed no mor pets, until a friend showed me these two darling orange kittens..Had "Sutton" & "Surrey" for 10 years..My present DH was very allergic & they went back to my ex..

..They also offer a nice shipboard credit (from the TA not the Cruise Line), if we pay by check..

Just want to be sure I am reading this correctly. You have paid your TA directly by check? You know if anything happens you have no recourse to get your money back paying by check. With a credit card you can appeal to the cc company who can credit your account, but with a check you have no protection at all in case of fraud, bankruptcy, etc.

Just want to be sure I am reading this correctly. You have paid your TA directly by check? You know if anything happens you have no recourse to get your money back paying by check. With a credit card you can appeal to the cc company who can credit your account, but with a check you have no protection at all in case of fraud, bankruptcy, etc.

Yes, we are aware of that & would only do it with this travel wholesaler as have dealt with them for umpteen years...I was in the airline business for 32 years & have seen agents come & go, but this one is different..It's one of the largest in the US, they have been in the group travel business for many years, & are well respected in the travel industry & throughout the world...(they own & operate their own ships in Europe)..In addition DH worked for a very large International Company & they were the Official Agent for employee trips..This is one of the only wholesalers that we would pay by check.. Sorry can't give you the name due to CC regs..;)

Archived