Miami Hotel

jpcruiseguy

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel near or in the vacinity of the Miami port. Would like either a (Homewood/Hampton) suite w/ pull out or hotel w/adjoining rooms for our 2 kids. Transportation availability to the port would be a nice option, too. Thanks in advance!!

We chose the Best Western Inn on the Bay and Marina simply because it had such great ratings on Trip Advisor. But it also has a free shuttle from the Miami Airport & a shuttle to the Port of Miami (the Port shuttle is part of a package deal). I was surprised at how reasonable the rates were. I guess only time will tell if the ratings hold true.

Cheers,

Sandra

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell - which is close to the Miami port and loved it. Can't remeber about a pullout couch because I stayed alone but it would be worth a look.

We just came back from our Getaway cruise and stayed at this hotel pre cruise.

We loved it!

The hotel was clean, the staff was wonderful, the all you can eat breakfast buffet on Saturday monring was really good & it was within walking distance to a lot of restaurants. We felt very safe at night walking around.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell - which is close to the Miami port and loved it. Can't remeber about a pullout couch because I stayed alone but it would be worth a look.

We stayed here in April with our large group and had 5 rooms. We were all pleased. Although we took taxi's to the pier, the hotel did have a shuttle for $8.00 per person.

We have stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon. There is a sofa bed in the living room. Or you can book a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. Monday through Thursday they serve dinner with wine and beer - no charge. The shuttle to the pier is an additional cost - last year it was $15 pp. They have free shuttle from the airport. If you are driving, you can leave your car at no additional charge.

We have stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon. There is a sofa bed in the living room. Or you can book a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. Monday through Thursday they serve dinner with wine and beer - no charge. The shuttle to the pier is an additional cost - last year it was $15 pp. They have free shuttle from the airport. If you are driving, you can leave your car at no additional charge.

We booked the brand new Cambria Suites Miami Blue Lagoon near the airport that just opened earlier this year (have not stayed before but it gets rave reviews on Tripadvisor). No free shuttle but I emailed one reviewer and she said the hotel will arrange transportation to the port for $10 each person). They have pullout couches too.

If you want a room with pullout sofa in Hampton Inn Brickell you will need to book a suite. They have suites with a king bed and pullout sofa, or 2 queens and pullout sofa which is also queen (or maybe double). They are all in one room, the sofa is separated from the other bed(s) by a desk with TV on it. The room has a small kitchenette - sink, small fridge, microwave. It did not have a safe. We stayed here in April and would stay here again.

The Hampton Inn & Suites Airport South/Blue Lagoon has suites with separate living room which has a pullout sofa. Haven't stayed there but will try it in December.