Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

txjudy54

We will be in Half Moon Cay on Sept. 21st. We have a biking tour planned but hoped to also do some snorkeling. Is there any place on the beach that we can just walk out and snorkel? Also, are there beach chairs available and do we have to rent them. TIA

We will be in Half Moon Cay on Sept. 21st. We have a biking tour planned but hoped to also do some snorkeling. Is there any place on the beach that we can just walk out and snorkel? Also, are there beach chairs available and do we have to rent them. TIA

HMC is not the best for snorkeling. We have taken some snorkel gear in the past and there are no rocks in the water so there isn't much to see. I've been told that there are some good places if you walk far enough down the beach, but I haven't tried that hard. All the beach chairs on the island are free. You can, however, rent clam shells if you would like a little shade.

We did the bicycle tour too which was very cool because you got to see more of the island than those who just head to the beach.

Agree that it's not the best place to snorkel.

It is though, the most beautiful place--perfect sand and water. I remember sitting in a hammock. . .

If you swim over towards the rock wall which is on your left when facing the ship from the beach. Right next to the Oasis...there are quite a few fish we even saw some barracuda the last time we were there (two years ago). It is my recommendation NOT to do the snorkel tour offered by Carnival unless you are a very very good swimmer. The currents where they take you can be dangerous and the seas a little rocky. We dive and snorkel and we felt this was the worst excursion in 32 cruises we have ever been on.

You might find another Texas couple at one of the cabana's...

Much needed vacation!

Edited by BallFour4