Where is dock in Miami

bbwex

The office is closed and I am trying to figure out where to drop a rental car near the Miami cruise terminal. Does Oceania use the same terminal area that Carnival and the other lines use just over the causeway next to the American Airlines Arena??

No it is terminal J ..just over the bridge on the right hand side

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise-terminals.asp

Look for the Western turning basin on the map you will see ship at the dock that is Terminal J

Not sure where the rental car drop off is but they should have a shuttle right?

Edited by LHT28

But is Terminal J over at the same Port of Miami terminal area as the other cruise ships use?

It is on Dodge Island also if that is what you are asking

Look for Garage J on the map near RCCL

Edited by LHT28

The office is closed and I am trying to figure out where to drop a rental car near the Miami cruise terminal. Does Oceania use the same terminal area that Carnival and the other lines use just over the causeway next to the American Airlines Arena??

Yes. It is over the same bridge that you take to get to all of the other cruise ships. Oceania is just on the right side of the island after you go over the bridge while the rest of the ships are on the left side of the island.

We are renting from Hertz at MIA and returning to the Hertz office at there port location.We can either take there shuttlee to the port or grab a taxi to the port.So doe's not matter where Oceania is docked they will know where to go to drop us off.

Where is the office in Miami that has a port shuttle? I will be driving in from Plantation FL (basically FLL) and probably will pick up at FLL and visit with family and then drop off Sat. Nov. 1, 2014 at Hertz (any others?) and take shuttle to port. Time involved with taking the shuttle to port?

Thanks for the help. I had forgotten to get my wheels.

Would it be easier to have DD drop off at the port? Procedure for that?

I don't believe that you'll find ANY rental Agencies which will shuttle you from Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami, so having your daughter drop you off is probably the only alternative, unless you decide to cab it.

The procedure for getting dropped at the Cruise Port is very like being dropped off at any Airport, except that you'll want to make sure that somebody with Cruise Documents is sitting up in front with the driver (occasionally, there is a Security Perimeter).

The Hertz downtown Miami office shuttles you to the Miami port. It is a short ride. I would have to google the exact street address. They do not shuttle you from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. StanandJim are correct. Have your daughter drop you off.

I don't remember ever having the need for cruise documents up front with the shuttle driver. It would be good, however, to know which ship you are heading to. On one of our cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, the elderly couple with us in the shuttle did not remember the name of their ship. Luckily, we figured it out during the conversation. Same ship as ours.

We dropped off and picked up our rental car in downtown Miami and took the Hertz shuttle.

Do you remember how long it took from drop off to port using the shuttle?We are arriving when there are 4 ships in port, over 4000 passengers.Is it easy to grab a cab?

OK thanks for the detailed answers and particularly the map, as I could not find Terminal J on Google Maps. So particular thanks to Computerworks.

Budget also has a shuttle to the POM with a dropoff at 2nd Avenue in downtown, not far from the Terminal. If anyone is interested in how that is done, you set the dropoff as "P2F" which is the code for the 2nd Avenue location. From what I had found on the Ports of Call section was that

Thanks again for all of the help.

Do you remember how long it took from drop off to port using the shuttle?We are arriving when there are 4 ships in port, over 4000 passengers.Is it easy to grab a cab?

The shuttle was waiting for us in the downtown location. It took no time at all. However, we waited a loooong time for the shuttle in the cruise port on our return. Too many ships in port at the same time. The line for taxis was also very long. I vaguely remember StanandJim having a solution for this issue. They probably pre-booked a ride.

The Hertz downtown Miami office shuttles you to the Miami port. It is a short ride. I would have to google the exact street address. They do not shuttle you from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. StanandJim are correct. Have your daughter drop you off.

I don't remember ever having the need for cruise documents up front with the shuttle driver. It would be good, however, to know which ship you are heading to. On one of our cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, the elderly couple with us in the shuttle did not remember the name of their ship. Luckily, we figured it out during the conversation. Same ship as ours.

Sorry I meant that I would drive to the Miami location in the rental car and drop it off there. Sometimes it is even cheaper if you rent at a local agency (not on airport property). I just like to have my own car when visiting because then I can go shopping when I want -- not after school or work. Will have a car for 3 days before anyway -- might as well drive to port and drop car there. Usually all of pickup and dropoff in south Florida has same rate. Just not sure which office shuttles you to the port.