Best way to get to port of miami after a cruise from ft. Lauderdale

aqualojoy

We are going to be on a Royal Caribbean cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. The ship returns on Sunday to Ft. Lauderdale. We are going to go on an NCL cruise that same day from Miami. What is the best way to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami?

As discussed here frequently, shuttle, like SAS or Jiffy Jeffs, or a few others.

Thank you. I was not certain if they would go from port to port. I have seen posts about them taking people to the airport. The folks that I have spoken to want me to go back to the airport and then they will pick me up from the airport and take me to Miami. Is there anyone that might just go from port to port?

Edited by aqualojoy

what is your metric for 'best'?

Least hassle?

Fastest?

Least expensive?

Most luxurious vehicle?

taxi is readily available, takes no prior arrangements and makes no other stops . . .

a limo might have a bar . . .

for least expensive and a good way to fill your day search on taking Tri-Rail

Edited by Capt_BJ

Even if the shuttles (SAS, QLS, Go Airport, etc.) pick you up at PE, expect to run by FLL to fill the rest of the van.

I personnally would rent a car one way, allowing some flex for shopping and lunch; if you rent from National, Alamo or Thrifty you can drop the car at the MIA airport location and ride their free shuttle to POM.

A taxi would be the least stressful. Should be around $80 which is not that bad. If you did need to pick up some supplies between then a rental car is definitely doable but you would have to take a shuttle to the car counter, drive over, return the car then take another shuttle to the port.

For me I would just take the Taxi. It is a little bit more but no stress at all.

Port to Port is a relatively pretty small number of people. You can always double check with the individual vender.

FLL the airport is within sight of the cruise port. I have watched the ships many times from the airport windows. I would not think that it would be much trouble to go to airport to catch the shuttle to the port of Miami.

You could try taking the transfer from the ship to the airport enter airport and go down to the baggage level where the nice ladies with the signs are waiting and take transfer shuttle from NCL to your ship in Miami port. Check the cost -- if it is in the same cost range -- easiest and most reliable. I find it hard to get taxis on occasion from FLL airport if lots of ships in port. So many riders and so few cabs.

The cheapest way is probably taxi to FLL then SAS to POM.

Cheapest, yes. $15 for the cab from PE to FLL and then about $15 per person for the shuttle to POM. But the OP was asking for the "best" way - without defining what was important to him? :confused: