How about sharing???

KAR3600

I guess I'm un-prepared?? I don't take half of this crap!:D

AZmike480

As of now - me neither! Finding AGAIN from last trip (3 weeks ago) that I still don't use half of what I do take (even though travel bud usually can use some of it) - so I am paring down again for my upcoming back to back trips.

Adding in 1 thing and 1 more and 1 more = and travel bag of junk I don't really need or use.

I do ok on packing clothes and shoes - just not on the junk I think I need. I have this reasoning,,,,,how that I don't want to buy away from home cause it will cost too much - so take it with me,,,,,, - but now I have the reasoning that,,,,,I don't want to lug it to the ship either.

Health conditions complicate my packing and I normally have a travel bag of meds and vitamins and health implements to keep me from traveling really light - so I cut back on clothes and shoes and pack just right on that.

I do need 2 pairs of readers (lost 1 in MDR first night of one cruise - so now I take 2) meds/vitamins, razor/cream, face wash, make up, hair ponytail and clips brush and comb (had to buy a clippy in port - or my travel buddy did for me,,,,never leave with out one again), some essential oils, highlighter/pen, tape, suitcase belt, 3prong/3 outlet plug in, kindle, phone & charger, sunscreen, large refillable water bottle (y"all seen those 8 oz cups carnival has now) and clothes. I take an extra empty bag that folds up like a key chain decoration, folding scissors and tiny flashlight in the suitcase pocket.

I use the flashlight (we normally get inside rooms), scissors to open seasick patches and an empty folding up on a string bag for souvenirs every time I cruise.

IMO, best tip I read on these threads is to trash toiletries at the end of the trip. So I take 1/2 full stuff and leave it. I try to do count my vitamins and meds and toss the empties too ( do take a few days extra in case of breakdowns).

Edited by tbbtravels

envirochick, I too had been looking for Downey Wrinkle Release and recently found it at Target in the washing powder/fabric softener area but I had to really look for it, it has a new label design. Also some WalMart stores still have the small travel size bottles. I love this stuff!

If you can't find it you can make something similar by adding liquid fabric softener, not too much, in a spray bottle with water, shake well before each use and it works pretty well in a pinch.

Thank you so much for this!!!! I found the Downy at Target today. Big hugs. Thanks again.

My binoculars and my little headlamp.

Somehow reminded me of this item (no, I do not own one) offered in Gifts & Gear- (in the Bedding Collection under Home Accessories). Item on the left: http://www.royalcaribbeanbeddingcollection.com/home-accessories.html.

We like to take a battery-operated candle and clorox wipes, and hand wipes (for meal times).