How about sharing???

KAR3600

I always travel with a small first aid kit and and ankle/knee wrap. DH twisted his knee on one cruise and the wrap came in so handy.

Always take Lysol...wipe down the phone and remotes immediately. I might try those clorox wipes that have been recommended.

What I need to take on my next cruise and don't have is a small, waterproof case to hold our ID and some cash. I'd like a hard-sided one that would fit in the pocket of my shorts. Guess I'll have to go shopping soon.

Look at the CruiseCritic store, they have one thats about the size of a cigarette case. They also have some other good cruising items.

Those little battery operated tea lights. Make great nightlights, they are very small, and don't use up an outlet.

I have the kind that has a fragrant square thing that goes around the outer edge of the tea light (forget the name of these things!). The light itself flickers and once it warms up, the fragrance is really nice. The cabin stewards mention it often ("Oh, that's neat!" kind of comments).

Edited to add: Another thing I've learned to bring is Liquid Band-Aid. DH always manages to cut himself while on a cruise and he bleeds profusely. That stuff has really come to our rescue!

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Vinyl (or other) fridge magnets to hold your personalised weekly cruise itinerary on the cabin wall.

I buy a souvenir magnet from each port and put our stuff on the wall. Cruise buddie never knew the walls were metal till she walked in and saw my magnets. LOL

A couple cheap light weight mesh back packs that I pick up at Walmart a few years ago for $5 each. They hold 2 rolled up ship towels each with room for a tablet/book, sunscreen, etc. The mesh allows the sand to fall out of it. It is easier to carry around port on your back vs a shoulder bag. It is able to squish into small spaces in your suitcase to pack it. Besides my over-the-door it is one of the best vacation investments I have ever made.

What are the best items you take along on a trip? Mine is an empty duffle and Downy Wrinkle release and Bonine.....never leave without them!!

I want to know where you buy Downy Wrinkle Release? Since they took it off the market it is very hard to find and has a premium price. It used to be a travel staple for me too, but stores don't carry it anymore. Thanks.

envirochick, I too had been looking for Downey Wrinkle Release and recently found it at Target in the washing powder/fabric softener area but I had to really look for it, it has a new label design. Also some WalMart stores still have the small travel size bottles. I love this stuff!

If you can't find it you can make something similar by adding liquid fabric softener, not too much, in a spray bottle with water, shake well before each use and it works pretty well in a pinch.

The clear hanging organizer is absolutely the best idea we've ever gotten. We keep toothbrushes, toothpaste, nail clippers, combs, brushes, razors, etc. organized. No having to hunt for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headlamp? May I ask what use you make of this? :confused: Is it for spelunking excursions? :)

The headlamp is for reading in bed, going to the bathroom at night, and for emergency use should the ship lose power or run aground while the captain is showing off.

Anyone know where to pick up the 6 pocket mesh hanging organizers for the bathroom? Looks like the mesh shoe racks just less pockets. My last one came from dollar tree and I need to replace it - but can't find them now under $20 bucks.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fa/78/dd/fa78dd8459660fff94d939075bc795b7.jpg