Ten Days of Seafaring Bliss in the Mediterranean - Journey Sept. 3rd cruise review

dln929

Thanks, Deirdre, for this wonderful review. You had a wonderful time on the Journey again! Are you booked for any more sailings?

And Hazel, I will see you soon on the Journey embarking on November 6th!! Pretty soon, but not soon enough.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl. I'm glad you read the whole thing through! I wish we were booked on the Journey again. That's the trouble of not being retired. There are only a certain amount of vacation days in a given year. Next year we are sailing with Royal Caribbean--Caribbean, transatlantic, and West Coast. I like RCI as much as I do Azamara especially now that they've tightened up their smoking restrictions. 2016 will be my Azamara year again. I have my eye on a few itineraries and it's our plan to be back on the Quest. Rob and I are parents of a daughter who is an art major. While the art on both ships is spectacular, I think in terms of edginess Quest takes the cake and as such she is our first love. ;)

Lorna and Maurice are very well. They were with us on our cruise three weeks ago and we spent a lot of time together.

I met Lorna on my first Quest cruise in May 2008 and we have been friends ever since. She is a darling and totally hilarious.

If you are happy to let me know your real name I can pass on your best wishes to her. We speak at least once a week.:D

Hazel

Thank you, Deidre, for being so kind when I hijack your thread in this way - and for firing my enthusiasm for my next cruise with your super account of yours.

Hazel, I would be delighted if you could pass on our regards. We're Ann & Peter from Cheshire. We were first with them on the cruise from Monte Carlo to Seville, where Mel Mellors addressed Maurice as Boris throughout. We then met again last October on a B2B, Lottie and yourself did one leg of our journey. I know they sometimes forget details so to jog their memories, we were with them at the airport until they were picked up by the buggy and were whizzed away waving regally. I'm petite and we talked about my elderly parents. Maurice was particularly understanding of my father's illness. Hope this is enough to identify us! Annoyed we missed them by one cruise in august!

Thank you, Deidre, for being so kind when I hijack your thread in this way - and for firing my enthusiasm for my next cruise with your super account of yours.

Hazel, I would be delighted if you could pass on our regards. We're Ann & Peter from Cheshire. We were first with them on the cruise from Monte Carlo to Seville, where Mel Mellors addressed Maurice as Boris throughout. We then met again last October on a B2B, Lottie and yourself did one leg of our journey. I know they sometimes forget details so to jog their memories, we were with them at the airport until they were picked up by the buggy and were whizzed away waving regally. I'm petite and we talked about my elderly parents. Maurice was particularly understanding of my father's illness. Hope this is enough to identify us! Annoyed we missed them by one cruise in august!

Apologies Deirdre!

Ann this is so spooky. As I was reading your post my phone rang and it was Lorna. She remembered you both straight away and obviouly passes on her best to you both too. I think I will address Maurice as Boris next time I see him. Think this is very funny.:D

Sorry we will miss you in November. Unlike in August when we got on Quest as you got off, this time we get off Journey as you embark.

I am sure we will all have a good time

Azamara and these boards are great for making friends. I am sure Deirdre doesn't mind your re connecting.

Deirdre, I did read it all through and enjoyed it. And I remember meeting your daughter on the Journey in May. Lovely girl. Hope to see you all on Azamara again!

Cheryl

Apologies Deirdre!

Ann this is so spooky. As I was reading your post my phone rang and it was Lorna. She remembered you both straight away and obviouly passes on her best to you both too. I think I will address Maurice as Boris next time I see him. Think this is very funny.:D

Sorry we will miss you in November. Unlike in August when we got on Quest as you got off, this time we get off Journey as you embark.

I am sure we will all have a good time

Delighted to hear that they're both well. All good wishes to both. And to yourself & Lottie, too. Have a great cruise. Anything you're not too happy about, do mention it on the early feedback form so they have time to sort it for us!!

Delighted to hear that they're both well. All good wishes to both. And to yourself & Lottie, too. Have a great cruise. Anything you're not too happy about, do mention it on the early feedback form so they have time to sort it for us!!

Ann, of course Hazel and I will make sure any little hiccups are sorted out by the time you and Peter board! Not that I'm anticipating any at all, except possibly a lack of red wine following our cruise! :D

I wish I knew how to post pics here as I have a lovely photo of Maurice and Lorna dancing around Club Luxe to Max's guitar music after the Azamazing evening on our Sept cruise. They looked so romantic..... no one would ever guess their age! Lorna looked fabulous in her beautiful outfit. She is such a sweetie and I hope I am as lively as she is when I reach her age.

Sorry for hijacking your wonderful thread Deirdre!

• 2 weeks later...
Robin, that's what this lady did too and it's how we got on the conversation about her being gluten-intolerant. At the end of the meal the head waiter came over to her table to discuss with her the following evening's menu options.

Thanks for the wonderful picture review.

I am dairy intolerant and pre- order the night before. It makes me wonder how this works on ' open sitting' as opposed to set dining times on Celebrityl

I am dairy intolerant and pre- order the night before. It makes me wonder how this works on ' open sitting' as opposed to set dining times on Celebrityl

Thank you for the nice compliment. About the dining, it's easy (I'm guessing you're thinking of the MDR, correct?). Your waiter will come over and discuss your menu options for the next evening's meal. At Discoveries you give your cabin # to the guy at the desk at the entrance to the MDR and if your desired seating is available, you're seated right away; if not, you wait, just as you would at a land restaurant. Since you've given your cabin #, your waiter will know exactly which table you're at and your pre-ordered meal will be brought to you.

I have allergies and food intolerances. We have just returned from Quest. The Maitre D' asked that I meet with him at 5.45pm pre dinner the first night to discuss. (I had filled in the Azamara special needs form and returned to them pre cruise). From then on I pre ordered each evening and when I gave my stateroom number each evening to whom ever was on Discoveries desk the waiter leading us to our tables was given a slip to hand to the wait staff which had typed on what my allergies/intolerances were and my order for that night. It worked well. Chef and the wait staff ensured that there was nothing hidden in the food that could affect me. It was always the maitre d' or one of his assistants who took my pre-order.

116aa6123a9f1feae66383c8a17094f4.jpg

ffcca749b761624742683f1aa88fdf06.jpg

Two of our favorite servers at the pool bar :D...we had a lot of laughs with them.

Deirdre...thank you so much for your wonderful report and pictures.

We had 2 excursions with Azamara and now I'm really wishing I would have complained, especially about our Isle of Capri guide...she certainly didn't live up to what she said and I did call her on it a couple of times.

I'm happy you enjoyed the Journey. We love the ship and crew.

Like you, we too always thought people who cruised were lazy, hence, the reason we would only did vacations where we stayed at a resort and discovered the islands on our own. (our feelings were based on cruise people visiting some of the resorts we stayed at...I won't mention the cruise line)

For those worried about their first ACC cruise, have no fear. ACC was our very first cruise and as you can tell, it certainly didn't sour us on cruising. Our cruises have been such wonderful "journeys". :)

Two of our favorite servers at the pool bar :D...we had a lot of laughs with them.

Deirdre...thank you so much for your wonderful report and pictures.

We had 2 excursions with Azamara and now I'm really wishing I would have complained, especially about our Isle of Capri guide...she certainly didn't live up to what she said and I did call her on it a couple of times.

I'm happy you enjoyed the Journey. We love the ship and crew.

Like you, we too always thought people who cruised were lazy, hence, the reason we would only did vacations where we stayed at a resort and discovered the islands on our own. (our feelings were based on cruise people visiting some of the resorts we stayed at...I won't mention the cruise line)

For those worried about their first ACC cruise, have no fear. ACC was our very first cruise and as you can tell, it certainly didn't sour us on cruising. Our cruises have been such wonderful "journeys". :)

I'm glad you liked reading it! I am wishing we'd be back on Azamara sooner than next September. It's such a relaxing vacation.

Sorry you had a bum guide too. It's certainly out of character for Azamara not to provide a good tour experience but I guess it does happen every now and then. You can always send a letter to customer service detailing why the guide didn't measure up. I wrote one and handed it into the Land Discoveries manager along with the original description of the tour so they could clearly see how what was promised and what was delivered were two different things.

I'm glad you liked reading it! I am wishing we'd be back on Azamara sooner than next September. It's such a relaxing vacation.

Sorry you had a bum guide too. It's certainly out of character for Azamara not to provide a good tour experience but I guess it does happen every now and then. You can always send a letter to customer service detailing why the guide didn't measure up. I wrote one and handed it into the Land Discoveries manager along with the original description of the tour so they could clearly see how what was promised and what was delivered were two different things.

I may do that...I thought I'd written her name down and I don't seem to have it. I do know we were group #5...if that would mean anything.