Royal Princess Anytime Dining Reservations

Blue Horizon

Will be sailing on the Royal Princess Oct. 11, with anytime dining. Can we make dinner reservations for a specific time online prior to sailing? If so, how? I went to My Princess, but there was no tab to schedule reservations.

NCL does have such a set-up for prior online reservations for their various restaurants, whether for a fee or the complimentary venues.

Thanks.

RCL also let's you make Anytime Dining and Specialty Dining reservations for the entire cruise in advance and online. On Princess you can't do that. I also find Princess' on board reservation policies vary by ship or sailing.

We enjoy our Princess cruises, and continue to sail with them. But, there are two areas I think they really need to improve...1) everything about Anytime Dining, and 2) get interactive TV's for account review, reservations and room service.

We sailed on Royal Princess last month (4,100 passengers) and had anytime dining. Once on board, you can reserve a time by the DINE phone number or by approaching the maitre D after you have eaten. Our group of four ate between 6:00 and 6:30 pm and we never had a wait or needed a reservation, either for a private table or eating with others.

nisky

What dining room on Royal is anytime dining in? We are booked anytime for our Dec. cruise.

The one amidships on deck 5 is for anytime dining. The one aft on deck 6 is for traditional dining.

The one amidships on deck 6 may be used in part for both types of dining depending on demand.

RCL also let's you make Anytime Dining and Specialty Dining reservations for the entire cruise in advance and online. On Princess you can't do that. I also find Princess' on board reservation policies vary by ship or sailing.

We enjoy our Princess cruises, and continue to sail with them. But, there are two areas I think they really need to improve...1) everything about Anytime Dining, and 2) get interactive TV's for account review, reservations and room service.

Princess newest ships have interactive tv for account review and other on board reservations. However if anyone at anytime prior to cruising could make dining room reservations before even getting on the ship( referring to anytime) it would mean having someone not even on the ship handling it. What a mess that could be

I have posted this before. I am firmly against allowing reservations for Anytime Dining. Holding tables for reservations causes empty tables that can not be used while people are waiting in line for a table. I see table after empty table being held for reservations (and waiters doing nothing) while folks are standing outside waiting to get a table.

I have posted this before. I am firmly against allowing reservations for Anytime Dining. Holding tables for reservations causes empty tables that can not be used while people are waiting in line for a table. I see table after empty table being held for reservations (and waiters doing nothing) while folks are standing outside waiting to get a table.

When we cruise RCCL we make a standing reservation for My Time Dining at 7:30pm. We like that time and it's not offered in Traditional Dining. When we plan to eat at a specialty restaurant, we simply call to cancel the reservation for that night...so no empty table problem.

I've experienced much better organization and less time waiting for a table on RCCL than on Princess. I think part of the Princess problem is that they allow guest with Traditional Dining to use Anytime Dining too. That's unfair and causes unnecessary crowding.

Rather than deal with Princess' Anytime Dining, for our December cruise we took Traditional Dining at 8:15. A bit later than we like, but we don't think Princess does their Anytime Dining very well.

We dined in Anytime dining rooms on the Royal without reservations or waiting. We dined alone.:)

That was our experience on the Royal in July. Actually it was the easiest ATD we have had on any Princess ship. No waiting, table for two, no problem. :D

I see table after empty table being held for reservations (and waiters doing nothing) while folks are standing outside waiting to get a table.

I have never seen a waiter 'doing nothing' at any time during service.

If a station is not full, the junior may be sent to help out at another (full) station, until needed.

Last time I was on emerald, the junior from a different part of the dining room came and helped

with three stations (including the one I was at) when service started. This was in traditional.

She was available because the people with traditional seating at her station would show up about

30 minutes late.

Edited by pablo222