Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

LOL. You set yourself up for that one. :p;):D

He actually gave me warning as well....;)

I emailed Jimbo at like 4:30am telling him that I thought of him immediately once I saw the Skyride when Carnival accidentally uploaded the video to YouTube. :D

Edited by Pixelate

Hopefully you're feeling better though!

I am, train ride down to the city tomorrow. One of my daughters just informed me we are going to me her and her husband for dinner at Del Friscos after the event. I will be broke.....:eek:

How are they completely different, Cameron? They both provide an opportunity to have private access to a pool when staying in a specific stateroom type at a higher cost. Even with limited hours and the Havana Bar, it is still a private pool.

The Haven is a completely immersive experience. You could literally spend your entire cruise there because it contains a pool area, restaurants, and of course the staterooms. In the haven you don't have to mingle with the ''general population" if you don't want to.

On the other hand the Vista new Havana Club experience is nowhere near as "reclusive" as the haven. So again I say they are nowhere near the same concept.

The Haven is a completely immersive experience. You could literally spend your entire cruise there because it contains a pool area, restaurants, and of course the staterooms. In the haven you don't have to mingle with the ''general population" if you don't want to.

On the other hand the Vista new Havana Club experience is nowhere near as "reclusive" as the haven. So again I say they are nowhere near the same concept.

So then they aren't "completely different" as you claimed by offering a similar product for upgraded staterooms that contains a private pool.

This is Carnival's baby steps into a class separation concept. It's not as "immersive" as NCL's Haven, yet, but it's still in it's infancy. Give them a few years, and a few ships to develop their concept and you'll see that that is exactly the direction that they are headed. This ain't your parents Carnival anymore. It's a brave new world.

This is Carnival's baby steps into a class separation concept. It's not as "immersive" as NCL's Haven, yet, but it's still in it's infancy. Give them a few years, and a few ships to develop their concept and you'll see that that is exactly the direction that they are headed. This ain't your parents Carnival anymore. It's a brave new world.

Concepts are tried on one ship and eventually make their way to older ships if successful. Some of these include Red Frog Pub, Cherry on Top, Havana Bar, Cucina, Bonsai Sushi and so on. Just as Carnival experimented with American Table, unlimited internet, SportsSquare and thousands of other concepts, some continue and some are eliminated. If there is a financial benefit (unlike American Table) and there is room to expand the concept, it will make its way to other ships and provide a bigger incentive to the guest willing to purchase said amenity.

SportsSquare wasn't available on the Dream, introduced on the Magic as a mini golf, ping pong and ropes course area, more thought out on the Breeze with the introduction of Sea Dogs, made its way to the Carnival Desti... Sunshine and now reimagined on the Carnival Vista with the suspended SkyRide and the the Clubhouse with more activities.

Edited by Pixelate

I, for one am excited about the Havana Cabana Suites/Balconies. I've been wanting something like it for a long time. Not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get to the pool before all the chair hogs is something I am happy to pay extra for.

The rooms are gorgeous and the private patios just take it over the top. Best thing Carnival has done since Guy's Burgers.

I, for one am excited about the Havana Cabana Suites/Balconies. I've been wanting something like it for a long time. Not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get to the pool before all the chair hogs is something I am happy to pay extra for.

The rooms are gorgeous and the private patios just take it over the top. Best thing Carnival has done since Guy's Burgers.

For curiosity sake, where can I read more about/see the Havana Cabana Suites/Balconies?

Concepts are tried on one ship and eventually make their way to older ships if successful. Some of these include Red Frog Pub, Cherry on Top, Havana Bar, Cucina, Bonsai Sushi and so on. Just as Carnival experimented with American Table, unlimited internet, SportsSquare and thousands of other concepts, some continue and some are eliminated. If there is a financial benefit (unlike American Table) and there is room to expand the concept, it will make its way to other ships and provide a bigger incentive to the guest willing to purchase said amenity.

SportsSquare wasn't available on the Dream, introduced on the Magic as a mini golf, ping pong and ropes course area, more thought out on the Breeze with the introduction of Sea Dogs, made its way to the Carnival Desti... Sunshine and now reimagined on the Carnival Vista with the suspended SkyRide and the the Clubhouse with more activities.

I agree with you on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jimbo5544

I think you are right on. Really different and priced in the middle of the pack.

You are correct, Nd I am happy about almost all of it.

For curiosity sake, where can I read more about/see the Havana Cabana Suites/Balconies?

There isn't much information out as of yet, everybody is mostly going by the video and what little info John has posted on his FB. View the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_JZhBv-J2k

You are correct, Nd I am happy about almost all of it.

Same here.

Now if I could just get the Platinum/Diamond Lounge I've been wanting....

There isn't much information out as of yet, everybody is mostly going by the video and what little info John has posted on his FB. View the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_JZhBv-J2k

Same here.

Now if I could just get the Platinum/Diamond Lounge I've been wanting....

I have to admit I did look over the deck plans looking for something like that.

You know there are going to be complaints about people crashing the Havana courtyards and hammocks. I can't wait to read about it!! OTOH, now, a chain and padlock will become suggested carry on hardware to lock your courtyard gate. ;)

You know there are going to be complaints about people crashing the Havana courtyards and hammocks. I can't wait to read about it!! OTOH, now, a chain and padlock will become suggested carry on hardware to lock your courtyard gate. ;)

Guards with tasers. It will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can read about the Havana staterooms here and more about the Havana pool area here. Be sure to click where it says "VIEW GALLERY" to bring up the pictures.

You can find out about all the other details of the Carnival Vista at http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-vista.aspx

Someone mentioned that they thought the Havana pool area would be limited to only Havana stateroom guests during the daytime hours, and then open to the public at night.

Can you point me to somewhere where this is in writing from an official Carnival source?

I hope it's true, because I think part of the appeal to the Havana staterooms is having a very good chance of being able to get a spot by the swimming pool without having to fight off the masses. As someone else pointed out, it's the Carnival version of NCL's "Haven".

Of course, if it's not true, and all passengers have access to the Havana pool during the day... it will just get over-run by all the other passengers from deck 5 and elsewhere.

It's probably true... it certainly makes sense... I just haven't seen it in writing anywhere from an official Carnival source.

It's probably true... it certainly makes sense... I just haven't seen it in writing anywhere from an official Carnival source.

John Heald

20 hrs ·

There will be Havana Cabanas which will connect to a private pool and have patios with deck furniture and yes..............hammocks.

In the evening the Havana pool area will be open to all guests