Majesty of The Seas

I'm a frequent cruiser on Majesty. I ask every time I board and every time I get the same answer. Majesty will be around for a while longer. 4/29/16 is NOT the final sailing. just the last sailing available to book at the moment.

I wish people would stop speculating on this. Nothing official has been announced by Royal.

But Pullmantur HAS made an announcement:

http://www.europapress.es/turismo/transportes/navieras/noticia-pullmantur-preve-aumento-capacidad-30-partir-2016-20140909135835.html

I know....unfortunately I came into cruising aboard the Majesty and way too late in her life. :(

She is a great ship. Now you have me dreaming about the Compass Deli!

I just got off the 4 night on the Enchantment, and I found myself wishing that it were the Majesty so that we could go to Key West instead!!!!!

She is a great ship. Now you have me dreaming about the Compass Deli!

I just got off the 4 night on the Enchantment, and I found myself wishing that it were the Majesty so that we could go to Key West instead!!!!!

We're on the Vision next and sometimes I think Majesty....:eek:

She is a nice little ship. It's part wishful thinking but I won't believe she's leaving until RCI announces. She kind of hits the sweet spot for RCI given her passenger capacity compared to other ships.

Room upsells are more difficult on her but the capacity is higher which can drive other revenue centers.

We're on the Vision next and sometimes I think Majesty....:eek:

She is a nice little ship. It's part wishful thinking but I won't believe she's leaving until RCI announces. She kind of hits the sweet spot for RCI given her passenger capacity compared to other ships.

Room upsells are more difficult on her but the capacity is higher which can drive other revenue centers.

Were on the Splendour next:p:p

There is a lot of delusioned people here who think the majesty will stick around. Majesty is old, it's looks from the outside in. She doesn't represent well what royal offers. It's time to cut the cord.

The problem I see in deployment is that royal doesn't move ships around enough. Majesty doing the same it time for a decade, same thing with adventure down in San Juan. People get tired of the same.

Thanks Carol. Haven't read Spanish in while. lol

I know Pullmantur is planning on expanding.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

There is a lot of delusioned people here who think the majesty will stick around. Majesty is old, it's looks from the outside in. She doesn't represent well what royal offers. It's time to cut the cord.

The problem I see in deployment is that royal doesn't move ships around enough. Majesty doing the same it time for a decade, same thing with adventure down in San Juan. People get tired of the same.

yeah Majesty is old. So What? Don't like her. Don't cruise on her.

SaintL, according to your cruise history, you have not been on Majesty since 2006, which was before they did the major refurbishment. Maybe you would have a different impression now. Or maybe not.

We all know she's leaving and some of us will miss her.

I am going to be surprised if it's April 2016 or sooner, but Royal will do what it's going to do.

Problem with majesty is not that it doesn't make money and that people are not willing to sail on her at a good price most people we'll get on anything, carnival goes full too. Issue is the majesty brings royal Caribbean down, people go on majesty as first time cruisers and don't really see what the other classes of ships has to offer. Even in its own market the ecstasy has gotten a bit of refurbishment and the sky is newer than both of them.

I don't know if April 2016. Is its last cruises I would hope so. But you won't know till the next round of deployment all ships are open for sale till then.

With the century sold it could make the case to give majesty to pullmantur or CDF but their profits are not great.

The vision class ships would be the obvious replacement but with less capacity and now even a johnny rockets on them who knows they might be out the door soon.

Sorry to tell you, but Her Majesty does not "bring Royal Caribbean down". We constantly read how first time cruisers go on Her Majesty and become 'cruisers forever'. They do have to understand she doesn't have the bells and whistles her sister ships have, but DON'T cut her short, she gives that person new to cruising a great experience. Cruising isn't about specialty restaurants or flowrider and ziplining, it is about having a wonderful vacation. Her Majesty and her crew provide that.

While at the same time being a very profitable part of the company operation. We cruised on her for our 2nd cruise, having gone on Navigator 9 months earlier. Her Majesty still held her own in comparison to Navigator, and left us with the desire to keep cruising.

The only Vision class ship that can replace Her Majesty would be Enchantment, because the others are just too small......I am hoping for Navigator.

I agree with this! How long has Explorer been in NJ, Freedom in Canaveral, etc? It would be nice if people who like to sail from the same homeport would have the ships swapped out from time to time, even though the itineraries stay the same.

Edited by DonnaK

Does Royal Caribbean have a commitment with the Port of Miami for a certain number of years? The larger ships go out of Fort Lauderdale. Is there a problem with channel? I know it was being dredged in August.

I love the Majesty! Personally I don't need rock climbing walls, malls, icerinks on a cruise. And on a small ship you can actually feel like you're at sea. I think she still has a purpose and following! That being said, Nassau lost its charm for me many cruises ago. I'd like to see Majesty do CocoCay and Key West on every cruise and skip Nassau.

Does Royal Caribbean have a commitment with the Port of Miami for a certain number of years? The larger ships go out of Fort Lauderdale. Is there a problem with channel? I know it was being dredged in August.

Rhonda, it's not so much that Royal Caribbean has something against Miami.

It is just that RC has made a major commitment to Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale.

When Oasis and Allure were being built, RC signed an agreement with Port Everglades that included the building of the new terminal for O & A. They guaranteed a certain number of passengers per year.

I was just looking through cruises with the Majesty and she only gives very short cruises:confused: altough they look very fun to do!!

Majesty and Enchantment only do 3 and 4 day cruises. Very convenient for those who want to cruise over the weekend.

If both ships (Enchantment and Majesty) do 9 sailings per month at full capacity Majesty carries 24,696 guests compared to Enchantment at 22,293 for a difference of 2,403 guests in the same period of time.

Keep in mind Enchantment is the only stretched Vision-class ship, thus having the highest capacity. All other Vision-class ships have even less capacity.

2,403 fare paying, excursion buying, drink guzzling guests per month is not exactly chump change.

I think RCI is happy to continue running Majesty as long as the following holds true

-No major changes to SOLAS that would make retrofit of safety systems cost prohibitive or not possible; for instance the life boats could not be positioned closer to the water without major ship infrastructure changes.

-Ship can continue to operate out of Florida with current emissions regulations - scrubbers or new power plants would not be cost effective or amortize in probably less than 10 years of operation

-Short itineraries where people are looking for a quick getaway and are not as sensitive to the absence of optional pay for venues - even adding ugly balconies like Frankenstein bolts (like some Carnival Fantasy-class ships) would not work because the lower deck OV's on Majesty are shoeboxes and could be cost prohibitive to add.

Majesty fills a very popular and profitable niche for RCI. I hope they can continue to run the ship for many more years.

If both ships (Enchantment and Majesty) do 9 sailings per month at full capacity Majesty carries 24,696 guests compared to Enchantment at 22,293 for a difference of 2,403 guests in the same period of time.

Keep in mind Enchantment is the only stretched Vision-class ship, thus having the highest capacity. All other Vision-class ships have even less capacity.

2,403 fare paying, excursion buying, drink guzzling guests per month is not exactly chump change.

I think RCI is happy to continue running Majesty as long as the following holds true

-No major changes to SOLAS that would make retrofit of safety systems cost prohibitive or not possible; for instance the life boats could not be positioned closer to the water without major ship infrastructure changes.

-Ship can continue to operate out of Florida with current emissions regulations - scrubbers or new power plants would not be cost effective or amortize in probably less than 10 years of operation

-Short itineraries where people are looking for a quick getaway and are not as sensitive to the absence of optional pay for venues - even adding ugly balconies like Frankenstein bolts (like some Carnival Fantasy-class ships) would not work because the lower deck OV's on Majesty are shoeboxes and could be cost prohibitive to add.

Majesty fills a very popular and profitable niche for RCI. I hope they can continue to run the ship for many more years.

The cruiser capacity issue is easy to see. The more cruisers the more revenue on what is a very popular set of itineraries. Her Majesty always sails full, so that says something for the popularity of the 3/4 runs she does.

Her Majesty is not going in for any kind of major rebuild -- which is I guess the reference you are making to 'adding ugly balconies like Frankenstein bolts (like some Carnival Fantasy-class ships)........' -- if they had wanted to do that it would have been done years earlier.

But Her Majesty's time will eventually come and she will leave the fleet. The cruiser capacity, in my mind, is what will really be a major factor in which ship they bring in. I fully believe they could fill a Voyager class ship on her 3/4 day itineraries. Time will tell, what they do.

Until then, Her Majesty will sail on.