Aft Stateroom

Redlondon

Can anyone tell me pros and cons of Aft cabin 1216 on Reflection? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should start your research with the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum. The Spreadsheet is maintained by LIBRARYLADY19... go to the last page of the STICKY (over 114 pages) & scroll backwards till you find her last update (everything between that post and the end of the STICKY will be new info that has not been incorporated yet)

* Her last Update is on Page 109, Post # 2179

On S-Class Ships the footprint of all 5 Ships are virtually identical... But the room numbers do vary on some of the later launched ships... So work with a deck plan in hand, if you are checking reports for cabins with the same number on other ships

Ship cabins in the same locations, even if not numbered identically will have the same pros & cons.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

If you can get 1222 it has a larger balcony. Had it in 2013. No issues loved the cabin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

We were in 1214 (Sky Suite) this year, which is next door to 1216. Those cabins are "connected" in that they share a large, very quiet entry area off from the hallway. It made for a quiet cabin for us as we did not have any hallway noise.

It's a bit of a walk to the elevator/stairs, but you get used to it quickly - worth the quiet/privacy of the end of the hallway, IMO.

Of course, the aft view is spectacular!

A picture of the entry area off from the main hallway (1216 on the right) and the view for breakfast on the balcony:

616364708_hallway1214.jpg.aaed085573c01d6f12101851710fab01.jpg

196505618_IMG_2257(480x640).jpg.d20855f4b85619b025c436ab7c0a166d.jpg

We were in 1214 (Sky Suite) this year, which is next door to 1216. Those cabins are "connected" in that they share a large, very quiet entry area off from the hallway. It made for a quiet cabin for us as we did not have any hallway noise.

It's a bit of a walk to the elevator/stairs, but you get used to it quickly - worth the quiet/privacy of the end of the hallway, IMO.

Of course, the aft view is spectacular!

A picture of the entry area off from the main hallway (1216 on the right) and the view for breakfast on the balcony:

Thanks so much, I don't seem to be able to find any review from anyone who has stayed in 1216 :-( I was wondering if the bed was by the balcony? I will be on it in 3 weeks so not long to find out, can't wait! Do you feel more sea motion being aft? I will remember for next time to book 1222 for bigger balcony but like separate entrance in photo. Maybe I'll save up for a suite!

Thanks so much, I don't seem to be able to find any review from anyone who has stayed in 1216 :-( I was wondering if the bed was by the balcony? I will be on it in 3 weeks so not long to find out, can't wait! Do you feel more sea motion being aft? I will remember for next time to book 1222 for bigger balcony but like separate entrance in photo. Maybe I'll save up for a suite!

I am not sure if the bed is near the balcony. Hopefully someone on CC will know.

We have stayed in the aft on several cruises and have not found the motion to be an issue.

Enjoy your cruise! Can't wait to sail the Reflection again in January!

We were in an aft cabin on our last cruise, and even when the seas were calm, we felt motion. The couple of days that we had rough seas were unbearable in the cabin. We couldn't sleep at all during those two days. Of course, the view of the wake, as well as the view of sailaways are great. I know there are many aft cabin fans, but all the motion is a deal breaker for us now.

Do you feel more sea motion being aft?

Yes, the laws of physics still work on ships :)

If you are higher and aft, your cabin will move/sway more than if you are lower in the ship and midship. Having said that, you probably won't notice the difference unless you hit rough weather, but in that case, you probably would feel the movement anywhere on the ship. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are one of the folks who get seasick just looking at the water.....

Cabin 1216 on The Reflection is a Concierge C1 Cabin, located Aft over the Wake.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-reflection-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=621&deck=10

By looking at the Deck Plans it is clear that:

(a) This Cabin is adjoining to the Sky Suite 1214 next door.

On the S-Class Ships there are not doors that open inside the cabins when rooms are Connected, but rather a very nice double door system out front, that functions as a Hallway Alcove when the two cabins are not being shared by a family / travelling party (this alcove is the "hallway" that VTCRUISING referred to in Reply # 6 and is shown in their attached first photo)

(b) This Cabin has no key markings (Square or Triangle)... So it is a cabin for just 2 people... Without a Converible Sofa Bed or Pulman Berth (3rd & 4th Person sleepers).

On the S-Class Ships Standard Cabins that have key markings (Squares or Triangles) means that in those cases the bed is by the bath... And rooms alternate so that rooms either side of those have beds by the balcony.

Cabin 1220 shows a Square on the Deck Plan... You are 2 over from there, so Cabin 1216 should have the bed by the bath.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB