Weather question for recent cruise to Caribbean

Wondering if anyone who's recently returned from a cruise to the Caribbean can tell us what the weather was like. I see lots of rain on the forecast and reports, but not sure if those are just summer showers or really heavy rain. Specifically, if it interfered with your excursions or trip.

We'll be on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise in 1 week, so trying to mentally prepare.

Wondering if anyone who's recently returned from a cruise to the Caribbean can tell us what the weather was like. I see lots of rain on the forecast and reports, but not sure if those are just summer showers or really heavy rain. Specifically, if it interfered with your excursions or trip.

We'll be on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise in 1 week, so trying to mentally prepare.

GENERALLY speaking, even when it rains on a Caribbean island, the rain is brief, not day-long.

Just returned today 9/21 from 7 day western Caribbean cruise on freedom of the seas. None of my 4 beach excursions were interrupted by rain. Endured rain one day and it was light and over in no time flat. Labadee,Haiti Falmouth, Jamaica George Town, Grand Cayman. Cozumel, Mexico

Enjoy yourself!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Week before last we sailed NOS to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. Rain was forecast for all three places. It did POUR in Roatan for about 45 minutes. Gave us some murky water for our glass bottom boat. Other than that we just saw some storms from a distance, got some occasional evening rain and encountered one storm one night at sea. No other port rain.

On all the mountainous islands, rain sometime during the day is common.....humid, wet air rises as it passes over the landmass, cools, and falls as rain. Aruba is the exception...it's pretty flat and is a true "desert" island.

If there are showers at sea, and the captain can do it, he'll steer around them!

Even if it rains, it's still hot!

I am currently on the Vision and hit has been partly sunny today. We are at sea on the way to Grand Cayman. Key West was partly cloudy with may 10 minutes where it tried to rain.

In terms of the seas it has been calm for the most part. 2-3 foot seas so far. Most rain has been while we were in FLL before we departed.

Was just on FOS on the western route. There was a little bit of rain, thunder, and lightning in Falmouth as we were leaving but it passed over pretty quickly. In Cozumel it got cloudy and dark for about 30 minutes and then disappeared and was full sun all day. We hit a little bit of rain in the afternoon our last day at sea coming up the east coast of FL but only for a few minutes.

Unless there's a tropical system moving through you'll be fine. :cool:

Unless it is a named storm, no one can accurately predict local weather in the tropics. Local showers are a norm for summer and heck even winter rains.

The tropical rains are not like northern rain anyway, if no storm or depression, they usually last only a short time.

Just returned from a Vision trip to Roatan and Cozumel. The Weather Gods were beyond smiling on us with just about all sun and very calm seas! I was checking are weather and it was not looking positive. It turned out amazing, and the Captain tried steer around a shower, and we got caught in about a 1 minute of rain, and that was it.

We saw two nice electrical storms in our wake.

We just got back and the seas were very smooth. We had some rain but no real problem.

Of course, it was hot and humid every day.