Teenager going for breakfast in the buffet without us

Elephant999

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't see anything on the P and O website.

We are travelling on the Oceana for our first cruise next month, with our 15 year old and 11 (although has his birthday onboard).

Thomas, the eldest has asked would he be allowed into the buffet on his own, particularly if he was peckish in the morning and it was early?

He is particularly mature for his age and would treat the area with respect, so would there be any rules stopping him going there either on his own!

Sharon

Hi.

It wouldn't be a problem at all. Mine take themselves to breakfast & lunch in the buffet. As long as dress code & hand washing rules are observed he'll be fine.

Chances of him being up early given the kids club runs past midnight are pretty slim though!

Hope you have a fabulous cruise.

Thank you very much both of you.

We are all so excited as the whole family are going to celebrate my Mum's 70th.

No problem with hand washing, he has a small OCD about it....

Your first cruise is always special - just acknowledge it probably won't be your last and the only cure for the inevitable post-cruise blues is to book the next one!!

Its not just boys, my 14 year old daughter loved "just popping to the buffet for a small snack" between meals where she regularly ate all her meal, my desert plus anything our table companions couldn't manage. She came home still needing a belt to keep her size 6 jeans from falling down!

No NauticalMiss, not just your teen boys. Mine comes home from school, walks straight past me and heads for the fridge! He just hoovers up anything going.

Yup, absolutely know the feeling! Many years ago when we were designing our kitchen, we placed the fridge closer to the door so they wouldn't leave a trail of bags, ties, shoes, etc across the kitchen on their way through. Aaahh, happy days :rolleyes:

No NauticalMiss, not just your teen boys. Mine comes home from school, walks straight past me and heads for the fridge! He just hoovers up anything going.

Unfortunately its not just teen boys. My 23 year old son comes in from work and heads straight for the fridge without hesitating to say anything. Then he usually moans because ha can't find what he wants.

Kids eh. Who'd have 'em.

My son was 15 on our first cruise. The first night he ate with us in the restaurant, then went to sign in at the kids club and then we didn't see a lot of him, he spent his meal times either in the club (when some nights food was delivered there for them) and after the club closed at night or they went to Le Club to learn to be a DJ, then they would go to Cafe Jardin for hot chocolate and pizza, usually in the day he ate burgers and hot dogs by the pool, or would pop in the buffet, but all of these he did by himself or with friends, not with us. He has since said that this was his favorite cruise (only done 3).

Yep, I have fridge hoovers, so god help the buffet selection after he's demolished it.

I always think he's never going to finish the invariable pile of food, but he does....

No doubt Thomas and his brother will be testing the theory that you can eat non stop!