Does RCCL have Wheelchairs ie for loan?

evelyn51

If a pax finds that they become in need of mobility items bc of an unexpected flare up does RCCL have loan capabilities?

They have wheelchairs to assist in getting on and off the ship but none for loan.

I would suggest a third party company rental. There are two that come to mind I will try to find links for.

Actually on our cruise one in our party had rented a scooter which never arrived. The ship gave her a wheelchair to use for the entire cruise.

Being that the scooters are delivered to the ship and than it's RCCL's responsibility to make certain that the rental scooters get loaded and also prioritizes the order in which items are loaded onto the ship, I'm guessing that RCCL loaned the scooter as it was ultimately their screw up.

As a general rule all RCCL ships have a very limited number of wheelchairs on board which are dedicated for the sole use of the Medical Center and Medical Emergencies. It clearly states on RCCL's website that wheelchairs are provided only for Embarkation and Disembarkation and a person needs any it's the responsibility of the individual to make prior arrangements if such equipment is needed during the cruise. Here's the link http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/mobilityImpairment.do