Any decent hotels for under $180?

waterbugohio

Will be cruising out of San Juan for the 4th time. However, every other time was in March and we were able to snag a great deal on hotels thru bidding on priceline.

But this time we are cruising in prime spring break season and need a room 3/21-3/22/15.

Haven't had any luck bidding on anything. Any suggestions?? Have only been bidding on 4* as I'm afraid to bid 3 1/2 and end up at the Raddison which doesn't get the best reviews.

Tried the Casablanca which someone on another thread suggested, however they have a two night minimum stay.

Has anyone gotten anything in March for under $200???

Am I bidding to early? should I wait a couple months?

We are looking at the same date of 3/21. We don't get in until 11:15 that night so really the hotel will just be a place to crash so trying to find a reasonable but safe as possible. Plans are basically going to be to go to bed, get up eat breakfast then head to ship so really do not want to spend a ton. I use "bidding" a lot but a bit hesitant in SJ.

We have always had good success on priceline..... I think Caribe Hilton is listed as 3 1/2 star property and it is very nice. If it is talking about the Radisson Ambassador.... as a 3 1/2 star. It is still an ok place just not like a resort like the Caribe Hilton. We stayed there in Dec of 2012 and really enjoyed our time there. This next time we are staying a few days and are choosing to stay in a condo out in Fajardo (by the Bio Bay) but there are other Condo rentals closer to San Juan. I think we used Homeaway but there are others. Good luck and enjoy your time there.

DW and I are booked at the Tres Palmas Inn for the first weekend in Jan (also had issues with getting a good bidding price near SJ, for us due to proximity to New Years). They are a B&B/Guest House, but have consistently high ratings and are right on the beach. Rates wise, they don't go above $180/night even in peak season (we were able to get our room for $145 after taxes). It's simple, but clean and comes with breakfast. We are really looking forward to staying there.

Website

I went on Trip Advisor and got a Comfort Inn. Its a 3 star but it got lots of great reviews and I got it for $125.

We are also getting in at 11 pm.

I have two kids and my hubby and myself all needing somewhere to crash.

I am diabetic and need to know the plan so as to keep my sugars at a healthy level!

Hoping I haven't made a huge mistake, but they were quick to respond to some questions I had, plus I heard from 5 others who have stayed there in the last couple months and all of them loved it.

I figure as long as its clean and safe the rest of it will work out.

Will be cruising out of San Juan for the 4th time. However, every other time was in March and we were able to snag a great deal on hotels thru bidding on priceline.

But this time we are cruising in prime spring break season and need a room 3/21-3/22/15.

Haven't had any luck bidding on anything. Any suggestions?? Have only been bidding on 4* as I'm afraid to bid 3 1/2 and end up at the Raddison which doesn't get the best reviews.

Tried the Casablanca which someone on another thread suggested, however they have a two night minimum stay.

I paid $169 in June for the Sheraton Old San Juan. This is right across the street from where Carnival Docks.

I paid $169 in June for the Sheraton Old San Juan. This is right across the street from where Carnival Docks.

June is no longer high season.

Many of the hotels have a 2 night minimum on weekends in Feb. and March, this makes it even harder to find a decent and reasonably priced one night stay.

Can't really compare June to March in San Juan.

We just stayed at Chateau Cervantes for wife's birthday Right in the heart of Old San Juan . It was great close to all restaurants and the port. But you will have to check price. Great place

Glad to hear you liked it. We have a reservation ($130 + taxes) there, but it's Oct. 31, not March. The price was right and looks like the type of place we want (unique, boutique vs. chain), and close to the port. Of course, I look right now and the only room available for when we're staying is going for over $800 (the penthouse) Maybe we'll get an upgrade! ;)

Edited by srlafleur

I think you are very early. I do a cruise every April and I have been looking and the prices are outrageously high..... I can remember booking my hotel one year on Christmas Eve and another the day after Thanksgiving.......that is a great time to book and I also use the sight you mentioned.

I think you are very early. I do a cruise every April and I have been looking and the prices are outrageously high..... I can remember booking my hotel one year on Christmas Eve and another the day after Thanksgiving.......that is a great time to book and I also use the sight you mentioned.

Thanks, I think I will just wait a little while then. Have to pay off the crazy high flights this month anyway!!!

I couldn't get anything through Priceline when we went in 2011. We ended up in a Quality Inn in El Porto which was OK. I suggest you read the TripAdvisor reviews before booking.

I've some success lately with Hotwire.

We booked Caleta 64 for later this month (Oct 24-25, 2014) for $160 per night. They seem to be nice apartments.

This property gets great reviews on Trip Advisor! We are booked in Adoquin, a studio but they also have larger choices available. It is suppose to be in Old San Juan and close to everything.

Will post a review in November when I return!

Hello

Just booked the Coral Princess Hotel in Condado for a base rate of $135 -$165 w/taxes and fees. I would appreciate any feedback from someone who may know this property - seems to have good reviews on trip advisor and looks like it it in a good location for restaurants. We arrive around 7pm on Friday and cruise the next day so just looking for a good bed and pillow. Thoughts?

Hello

Just booked the Coral Princess Hotel in Condado for a base rate of $135 -$165 w/taxes and fees. I would appreciate any feedback from someone who may know this property - seems to have good reviews on trip advisor and looks like it it in a good location for restaurants. We arrive around 7pm on Friday and cruise the next day so just looking for a good bed and pillow. Thoughts?

Is this also in March? Hoping to find rates like that in March

We got the San Juan Water Beach club in Isla Verde for March 11-14th for 130 a night on Priceline. We have stayed in San Juan before but wanted to try the beach area this time. You can get a cab from Isla Verde for around 20bucks to San Juan.

We got the San Juan Water Beach club in Isla Verde for March 11-14th for 130 a night on Priceline. We have stayed in San Juan before but wanted to try the beach area this time. You can get a cab from Isla Verde for around 20bucks to San Juan.

Does that price include all taxes and fees?

We are looking at the same date of 3/21. We don't get in until 11:15 that night so really the hotel will just be a place to crash so trying to find a reasonable but safe as possible. Plans are basically going to be to go to bed, get up eat breakfast then head to ship so really do not want to spend a ton. I use "bidding" a lot but a bit hesitant in SJ.

I was there this March, and as I arrived probably with the same flight (it had even a delay of an hour) and my cruise was on the very next day (I had a b2b, so I had a day in the middle of my day for seeing San Juan).

I've booked the Airport Hotel, which was really right inside the terminal and it was alright considering that I needed really only a bed and a shower for a short night and there was a small breakfast as well.

http://www.airporthotelpr.com/rooms-rates.htm

We just booked the Casablanca Hotel on Hotels.com and we did not have a two night minimum stay requirement? We are going to be staying overnight on Nov 15. and were able to book a king suite for $160 including taxes. Perhaps they raised the two night minimum because March is a busier time of the year for them?

No, the taxes were extra which I paid at the time of my priceline bid. I believe the resorts can charge you a resort fee (which I am okay with paying). I figure since I already paid for the hotel stay in full, I can handle the resort fees when we are there. :)

No, the taxes were extra which I paid at the time of my priceline bid. I believe the resorts can charge you a resort fee (which I am okay with paying). I figure since I already paid for the hotel stay in full, I can handle the resort fees when we are there. :)

Great deal

Can you share what area and star level you bid. Kinda worried about getting the Radison which doesn't get the best reviews