Required Travel Doc's...

GalCruzer

This information is not accurate.

The document is only required if you plan on disembarking in Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I stated in my post, this is what was required several years ago when I traveled to Mexico with my daughter. At that time it was a requirement of the Mexican government--I checked with their consulate. My daughter's an adult now, but if she were still a minor and I were traveling with her, I'd be checking the requirements of the governments of the countries being visited. I wouldn't trust Carnival's Customer Service--they don't have a very good track record.

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

As I stated in my post, this is what was required several years ago when I traveled to Mexico with my daughter. At that time it was a requirement of the Mexican government--I checked with their consulate. My daughter's an adult now, but if she were still a minor and I were traveling with her, I'd be checking the requirements of the governments of the countries being visited. I wouldn't trust Carnival's Customer Service--they don't have a very good track record.

Looks like the regulations changed in January.

http://gomexico.about.com/od/entryrequirements/qt/parent_autho.htm

A little due diligence now saves a lot of trouble later.

This would be for my 17 year old who does not have a drivers license, but does have a driving learning permit. It will be just the 2 of us.

We are going on a cruise in Feb to Mexico and want to be sure that she has the correct doc's to get on and off the boat.

So what would be required for a 17 year old with no drivers license?

Thank You

Birth certificate or passport.

A 17 year old must have a birth certificate AND a government issued photo ID (driver's license; state ID card). OR just a passport.

Actually it is 16 and over that needs the government issued photo ID with the birth certificate.

Yeah, I know. But we're addressing OPs original question re: "So what would be required for a 17 year old with no drivers license?"

Birth Cert - long form and state issued ID card or passport!

A passport for a 17 yr old is good for 10 yrs. a great investment :)

Birth Cert - long form and state issued ID card or passport!

A passport for a 17 yr old is good for 10 yrs. a great investment :)

For cruising it doesn't need to be a long form birth certificate, it just needs to be issued by a government entity. It's only a good investment if they are going to be using it during that 10 years and that answer isn't the same for every 17 year old.

Yeah, I know. But we're addressing OPs original question re: "So what would be required for a 17 year old with no drivers license?"

Yes, but the trouble is that other people will also potentially read this thread for an answer and it is conceivable they could read your response and be misled (unintentionally of course, but still misled).

Edited by sparks1093

Ok this is a very frustrating thread! Over the last couple days I have followed this and what I got from the OP was....

A cruise to Mexico - ??? West coast??? So today in order to try and figure out where she is really sailing I had to search prior posts and finally figured out she will be in Key West 2/17/2015.....not a West Coast cruise!

Nowhere in any of the OP's posts that I can find, does she (in one post or even two) say who she is sailing with (Carnival) in still another thread I figure it's the ship she is on.....

OP.... When you ask for assistance it is helpful to say the Cruise Line, Ship, dates and port of embarkation. The assumption that this is a closed loop cruise ???? caribbean with ports in Mexico.... I was getting Mexico cruise so West Coast.... Please give a bit more info next time.

OP this is petty but to help you, CC members should not need to guess, search your prior posts and guess again and finally go to the Cruiselines website to see what Carnival cruise is in Key West on Feb 17.

First post should give the pertinent details so the correct info can be shared.

Ok rant over!

Ok this is a very frustrating thread! Over the last couple days I have followed this and what I got from the OP was....

A cruise to Mexico - ??? West coast??? So today in order to try and figure out where she is really sailing I had to search prior posts and finally figured out she will be in Key West 2/17/2015.....not a West Coast cruise!

Nowhere in any of the OP's posts that I can find, does she (in one post or even two) say who she is sailing with (Carnival) in still another thread I figure it's the ship she is on.....

OP.... When you ask for assistance it is helpful to say the Cruise Line, Ship, dates and port of embarkation. The assumption that this is a closed loop cruise ???? caribbean with ports in Mexico.... I was getting Mexico cruise so West Coast.... Please give a bit more info next time.

OP this is petty but to help you, CC members should not need to guess, search your prior posts and guess again and finally go to the Cruiselines website to see what Carnival cruise is in Key West on Feb 17.

First post should give the pertinent details so the correct info can be shared.

Ok rant over!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quot

Wow...Not enough detective work...It is Key West, which I of course know I don't have to be concerned about a passport or any other id for, but it is also a stop in Mexico, which I am sure I mentioned in my original post.

I figured since I'm the one who isn't so experienced as a lot of the posters here are, that if there was some more info that was needed, they would ask. Also didn't realize what ship we were sailing would make a difference..

And I did get the answer for what I was asking, I can't help that others still want to discuss and debate this topic. I know it doesn't take long for some questions to get ugly on this board so thanks for proving that. Yep I know get the popcorn out...:rolleyes:

Not ugly at all..... Detective work was not necessary. Glad you got your questions answered. And hope you have a wonderful trip!

Next time, please try to give more info up front, I had to find the Key west info on another thread not this one... The advise I posted above is still valid - even though the rant may have been over the top ;)

Ok one last try..... The reason for including the actual sailing date, embarkation port and even ship is so that others attempting to give correct advise can look at (or be aware of) your "entire itinerary" just in case there is something important you need to know and may be unaware of.

Absolutely no ugliness ever intended, as I actually took the time to read posts on other threads in order to put enough pieces together and then went to the cruise lines website to view your entire itinerary....

People on Cruise a Critic really do want to help....